Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Kieran is unwell

Hi everyone. (I hope all you mums had a lovely day yesterday)

Kieran is poorly again. He has had a cough and cold for a few weeks, last night he was sick (with style) and was very unresponsive, The school say that there is a lot going around at the moment, But it seems that he is getting everything going at the moment. I dont want to keep reading to much into this, but it seems that before he had the MMR he never got ill (usual sniffles excluded) and since he had it his immune system seems battered. Does anyone believe this view?

I am going to look into homeapathy (as someone here suggested) to see if that helps, but is there anything else you know of to boost his little battered system.

Thanks in advance

Shaz

:sick::unsure::whistle:

Hi Pingu,

Hope Kieran feels better soon. Sometimes it's very difficult to pick back up properly after being unwell - what about a tonic - I can remember giving my daughter some (well attempting to!!!) when she'd been continually unwell - she's going through a bout lately too - been some sort of sick bug, then a throaty coldy sort of bug, and now back on the sick bug again (she's been off school for 2 weeks and today). The thing is in class they just seem to go round and round and round again.

Take care,

Jb

>:D<<'> ............hi pingu , hope your little lad is a bit better.I don,t know how old your boy is , but I noticed with all of mine that the first 2 winters after starting school , they always seemed to be ill, a runny nose, ear infection, sick bugs.A few of my friends kids were the same, we put it down to the fact that when starting shool they come into contact with lots of germs and bugs, gradually they build up immunity to them, the older they get.This might be part of the problem, good luck >:D<<'>

Hi yes i agree, there is always germs to be had at school, Kieran is 7 and in year 2, He generally is ok, we actually went for a full year without any illnesses, but lately it seems he comes down with whatever is the 'hot bug' of the time, but no-one else in the family comes down with them, which is why im wondering if its his immune system, like i say he has increased on the poop front (bigstyle) over the last 4 or 5 weeks, so not sure if its bugs or the way he is??

tiredness has set in now (for the pair of us) and he is grouchy, he hasnt moved off the sofa for the last 27 hours, which is very unlike him.

Ill keep you posted.

shaz

Hope your lil one feels better soon.

Have you tried vitamin and mineral suppliments?? I give T a v&m chew every morning b/c of his poor diet but also for the other reasons too. :D

You could try a course of liquid echinacea or echinacea lollipops from your local health store.

It does seem to be a particularly bad time for viruses and bugs just now - nursery is rife with them.

Hope Kerian gets better soon,

I had K off school with conjunctivitis last week and a saw throat..

I could not tell if was from the MMR or not because he has been a sickly child from an early age always ill and vomiting, i think a vitamin or tonic should help out.

justamom..

Edited by justamom

I use a immune and digestive support for my son (3yrs 4mnths) called Bio Kult. This was recommended by the homeopath who has given me the MMR treatment I mentioned before to you on another thread. He has (so far) managed to escape this dreaded sick bug that has been going around his nursery for over a month..He normally suffered terribly from any stomach bugs - they would hang on and on. So, so far it seems to be helping. I also give him a child formulated vitamin supplement which is supposed to be good for children with food intolerances and things like adhd.

Guest hallyscomet

Hi Pingu

I suggest making an appointment to see and Endocrinologist. Been going through similar problems over the years trying to lift my childrens immune systems and all the GP tells you to do is to take a really good MultiVitamin every day.

If this doesn't work then get a referral to an Endocrinologist.

Hope this helps >:D<<'>

Hailey

Thank you to everyone who has replied (including the pms). all what has been said is really helpful (you wont believe how much), But just to update you on kierans 'condition' at present. He slept for most of the night, but was sick again as soon as he woke up. I rang the doctors and explained the situation (again).

The doc came out this dinner time, by which time he had managed to get off the sofa, but ventured no further than the kitchen. She said he has a virus, his glands are swollen his throat is red, and his wee has shown some keytones???? She said juice and rest was the best medicine :angry:

I asked about the 'coincedence' following the MMR and she said excactly what some of you have said, (although she did try to play it down a bit) But she basically said, that when the MMR is put into the system his antibodies would be busy trying to cope with it, so the other viruses have an 'open goal' as it were.

I have taken on board everything you have all said, and i will be making some nessessery changes to his diet as well as other things, so thankyou so much, i think he is on the mend again now, so fingers crossed, she said i have to keep him off for the rest of this week, but the good news is, he has played with his bathplug this afternoon, so that is a sure sign that he is feeling better :dance:

Take care everyone, i hope the bugs dont catch those of you that have so far been unaffected.

Sending >:D<<'> to everyone

Take care

shaz