jb1964

We have smiles in the house - 1st night in ages

Just had to post because I don't think I've smiled so much as I have tonight. So far we've had not one little argument - a couple of 'fine', 'leave me alone' but followed quite soon with a 'I love you mammy' (she's 12!!!).

Anyway what really made me smile tonight was a conversation we had earlier. I said to her that ooh that song on the advert after the kids programmes, I can't get it out of my head - I keep singing it (my 3yr daughter had been watching Max & Ruby - who my husband is convinced has OCD) the one that goes 'ooh ya jimmy jammer ooh ya jimmy jammer - with a clean face and toothpaste a tinkle and a hug..........'.

To which she said yes I have things like that too - the Shelia's Wheels advert for insurance - and she recited the whole song in tune word for word.

I laughed and she said sometimes adverts just stick in your mind don't they - and then she recited to me the whole F**stPlus advert offering you a personal loan with an APR of 8.4% - I laughed again and she replied "In fact it's not really a very good deal at all - you can get a loan with XXXX for 5.9% APR. Do you think they should be allowed to mislead the general public by advertising such things, when they're not really such a good offer".

I laughed some more and she laughed with me (which she hasn't done for ages and ages) - it was lovely.

Ended with 'also mum if you want to renew the pet insurance policy don't go with the XXXX because their basic package is ?7.00 per month and I've seen others for ?4.99".

Jb

jb :wub::wub:

I remember when I walked into the room to catch my son dialling a number on the phone,

I took it off him and said 'who were you going to phone'?

he said 'the AA' he then quoted their number and went on about car insurance,

he also quotes web addresses off the adverts.

I think the classic one was when he fell over in the garden and shouted out 'quick dad call national

accident helpline, I've hurt my back'! :lol::lol::lol:

They can really make us smile cant they. :wub:

Brook

Glad to hear you had such a good evening Jb , really cheers you up the little things ,don't it.Hope you have many more.

OMG...My son( 15,stroppy teen) just came up to me and told me I have ten mins left on the computer and he's trusting me to get off myself,he doesn't want to have to come out here and tell me fifty times.He copied what I say to him word for word and he did it to be funny.Roll on more good moods..do you think there's something in the air?

I'm out of here...have to set a good example..Think it will work? Got the good mood shouldn't push it eh?

Edited by asereht

:D:D

Lovely moment.It makes all the tears and tantrums fade away instantly doesnt it.

My son also quotes adverts an knows them word for word.

Thanks chaps - this is a lovely thread & I have a smile on my face to match the sunshine outside now!

The Boy is mostly non verbal but has just started with the echolalia. It's brill to hear him speak, but it makes you realise the things you say that you didn't realise you said IYKWIM.

When he greets me at nursery he says "hello chicken"

When he is at grandmas and someone leaves he says "see ya duck" (that's grandma that sez that, not me!)

When I sit down in a seat he goes "aaaaaah" :lol: I really didn't realise I did that!

He also repeats phone numbers from adverts - not anything else, just the phone numbers! And he has our local radio Peak FM jingle off to a t!

Ended with 'also mum if you want to renew the pet insurance policy don't go with the XXXX because their basic package is ?7.00 per month and I've seen others for ?4.99".

Jb

You could hire her out to Which? magazine - it would save them a fortune in research costs :lol:

Thanks chaps - this is a lovely thread & I have a smile on my face to match the sunshine outside now!

The Boy is mostly non verbal but has just started with the echolalia. It's brill to hear him speak, but it makes you realise the things you say that you didn't realise you said IYKWIM.

When he greets me at nursery he says "hello chicken"

When he is at grandmas and someone leaves he says "see ya duck" (that's grandma that sez that, not me!)

When I sit down in a seat he goes "aaaaaah"
:lol: I really didn't realise I did that!

He also repeats phone numbers from adverts - not anything else, just the phone numbers! And he has our local radio Peak FM jingle off to a t!

Jill,

the bit about saying "aaaaaah" when you sit down really made me laugh. ;):lol:

Brook

Priceless little sweethearts aren't they? But don't ask jb's DD she will find them cheaper. :lol:

Thanks for that, it really made me smile. :D