Sign in to follow this  
hev

panic attacks

im just wondering how long the tablets take to work i only went on them on monday so i know its not instant,i had another one in the night and its horrible cos they wake me up,i was sick with it last night,how long shall i give it before i go back to doctor,its getting me down a bit now

Hi Hev

One is assuming a/d tabs?? I finally gave in and had them prescribed today and dr advised me to give it 2 wks. In that 2 wks is when the side effects happen and they should have advised you to make an appointment fo 2 wks time to see how they are going and if they are the right dosage ect.

Hope that helps??

tmf

xx

hey hun,

i think in most cases it takes about 2 weeks to start feeling the benefit (in most cases the first week feels worse before better) and take upto 3 mths to get fully into your system.

keep your spirits up cos you will feel better soon, i know that panic attacks are horrible but if you know what it is then it's easier to calm yourself down (i still suffer mildly but have learnt to control them by re-assuring myself i'm ok and then finding some way to take my mind off it)

hope you feel better soon.

kinky j xx

Hev i have panic attacts at night.

###### awfull isnt it its so so scarey unless youve had them you cant appreciate how awfull it is.

I find that if i force myself to breath realy slowley in and out over a matter of minutes than it starts to diminish a bit.But im still left fealing rotton.

The pills normally take about 2 weeks to kick in hev.

Ive just been bunged some sleeping pills from my gp coz i cant sleep and im all fed up to put it mildley.Ive had the best 2 nights sleep ive had in 2 years.

I love tamazipan !!!!!!!!!!!

Should be availabe all the time these pills alas im only allowed 1 weeks supply incase i overdose.I mean youd just stash the ###### up wouldnt yer till yer got enough if that was what yer wanted to do.

Edited by Paula

A/d's or is it propranolol (spelling may be wrong!) I got the later to cope with anxiety and panic attacks, they take up to 5 days to kick in properly, but can leave you feeling v sicky and giddy for a few days.

Which ever ones it is youre on, I hope you start getting the benefits soon - its not much fun otherwise.

Good luck

I know a friend of mine had to stop the tablets as they where causing side effects I would recommend you looking at the cause of PAs and start to work throw them, there is lots of support and one that My friend used who is now PA free now used

No Panic

there is others too Anxiety support like GAD ( General Anxiety Disorder ) Diagnosed usually after 6 months of frequent PAs.

There is always a reason for PAs and can be worked throw a lot of PAs is fear, and when the body is thrown into fear we have biological reaction called fight or flight, so looking at fear would be a really good start but I recommend a councillor as the PAs are frightening, a book I have found useful to help and understand my friend and also my son who also suffers Anxiety is the book Living with Fear understanding and coping with Anxiety Issac m marks md.

My friend still gets wobbley but she has become to face them and she copes with them now and she is getting stronger, bedtime is the worse time but she is working towards a better coping stratagie and she has support but she doesnt take pills and she said that they made her worse so I would look at No Panic and see what you think,

JsMum

Guest hallyscomet

Hi,

I used to get panic attacks would wind myself up, I am not sure if the pills are the cause, perhaps you could go back to your doctor that prescribed them and see what they say, you should be able to ring instead of going in under the circumstances and mention the tablets prescribed and say you want a quick word with the doctor about something concerning them.

What I did on another level to get rid of panic attacks in general was do a stress management course.

- Learn meditation

- Do Hatha Yoga (the most gentle yoga for all ages) they teach you meditation.

- Buy a journal, that you can write everything in, To Do lists, expenses, if you keep all this in your head thats enough to give anyone a panic attack.

- Learn goal setting set some easy goals achievable

-better still, enrol in a stress management course, you will love it.

Read a good novel, do anything that makes you feel good. When you are in a good mood, take yourself out for retail therapy and a slow coffee and inside the cover of your new journal, find a page at the back to write 20 things you love to do just for you "me time" even that thing you have been wanting to do for years and keep putting it off.

Make this a goal, break it down to achievable little chunks.

Sending you lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> they are number one on the list. Give yourself a big hug.

Hope you are feeling better soon, failing all these talk to the GP maybe the medications isn't right for you....

Love

Hailey >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :pray:

-

Edited by hallyscomet

well,ive had no panic attacks or pins and needles for 5 days now,the tablets must be working,also hailey i went to the charity shop and brought 3 books,im already through 2 of them,its like i escape sort of thing,it sounds silly but i had forgotten that i like to read,like everything else got in the way,thanks hailey for suggesting that,a simple thing but it has relaxed me so much

Guest hallyscomet
well,ive had no panic attacks or pins and needles for 5 days now,the tablets must be working,also hailey i went to the charity shop and brought 3 books,im already through 2 of them,its like i escape sort of thing,it sounds silly but i had forgotten that i like to read,like everything else got in the way,thanks hailey for suggesting that,a simple thing but it has relaxed me so much

Hi Hev,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> glad your feeling better, nothing like a good novel. Such a great escape and you can take it into the bath or bed with you or snuggle up with a warm blanket soooo soothing.

I am hooked on novels by Nora Roberts she takes you into a real adventure and describes the scenes so well you feel like you are there........they are very hard to put down, have been known to read till 5am in the morning as I enjoyed it sooo much. :lol::lol::lol:

Another thing that is fun is digging out some of the old favourite recipes and having a fun time in the kitchen with your favourite music in the background. Lots of naughtly stuff, forget the diet for a few days :devil::lol::lol:

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

H

I do not know if I perhaps occasionally am being overwhelmed by something that may be like a panic attack. It always hurts me in the middle of the night; thoughts of death.

As I can not in any way accept the incredible fact that mankind's physical life once will disappear, I strongfully try to put these terrifying thoughts away.

For the most part, I succeed in putting them away of my consciousness by means of physically upraising myself from my bed and putting on the lights in order to be concerned with another thoughts.

Most often, this procedure is beneficial for me in order to put matters right.

Edited by axtl1010

Guest hallyscomet

You have to tell yourself, you will be okay. Hug a teddy even.... tomorrows another day I am going to take myself out and have fun....

Get up and make yourself a warm milk and sip it slowly, and think of a nice sunset or happy thoughts and try and visualise yourself in a lovely place. Learning Meditation or Hatha Yoga teaches you how to do this if you are not sure how.

H.xx