bugbug

Chickenpocks

N is due to go back to school tomorrow after the Easter break and he's been up all night all hot and bothered with a headache and now he's covered in spots! Great timing! At least were getting them out of the way whilst he's in reception class but the bigger problem for me is that he's bouncing off the walls cause of the calpol. AAhhhhhhhh :o

He's fine at the moment, isn't itching or suffering at all which is brilliant and I think the Calpol is wearing off so we shall wait and see. I just feel sorry for his little sister and me of course because she is going to get them soon and what a drama queen I have on my hands! :crying:

First week off school went really well, no major problems with change in routine but the second week has been shocking and now he's got chicken pocks, another week off school. I'm going to have to keep the curtains closed until after nine so he doesn't see anyone going to school.

Hope you all had a nice Easter anyway. :D

Edited by bugbug

why dont you try Ibuprofen instead of calpol, Calpol always gives my son the runs so i try not to use it unless he's really poorly and needs both.

They always come down with something either in the holidays or at the end of the holidays :( Hayden has had the Diorahea and sickness bug and now a bad cough and my daughter has had the D & S bug and tonsilitis, croup & viral asthma & now has a bad cough aswell, all during the holidays :(

Hope your son hasn't got it too bad, it's awful! the second one always gets it worse mind! My daughter had the spots in her eyes, she was covered and she ended up in hospital ( 4mnths old) because they became infected :( . The Dr told me you can get coughing chickenpox, never heard of that one :huh:

Clare

hiya madmooch

I will get some ibuprfen when my husband rises. He's been suffering through too much alcohol all weekend because of the relegation of SAFC, drowning his sorrows. He's back to work tomorrow though thankfully.

Cheers

If anybody has any more ideas for pain/itching relief, I'd be grateful.

There is an oatmeal based product which you can buy at the chemist. The range has bath oil, lotion, and some other things. I can't remember the name of it but if you ask the pharmasist they should know. It's quite expensive but very very effective. My daughter suffers from eczema from time to time and I use that instead of steroid based products and it really does the trick.

If I remember the name I'll pm it to you.

Also, you can get things off the doctor to calm the itching and help sleep, but if your child reacts adversley to things then it's probably not a good idea.

Lauren

Have u tried Piriton its made especially for spotty allergies etc. Worked much better than calpol for mine.

Sorry to hear this. Nothing useful to add to what's been said already but wanted to say that i hope they clear up quickly.

Hi Bugbug,

Don't they have fantastic timing....? :blink: . Gotta' say - i'm the same though - i always fall ill after a week or two off - my body goes 'Thank god for that - she's stopped!!' And then collapses into a heap... :rolleyes:

Definitely the Bicarbonate of Soda - i hate giving my little one Calpol (he turns into the tasmanian devil..), my friend suggested Bicarb and i tried it - just stick a bit in the bath. It dries the spots up.

Mine all got the pox 2 years ago over x mass. it was a nigtmare we wher expecting family so had to cancell them. Mine all went round with no clothes on and calamine

Thanks everybody, have been shopping and things looking good this end. Well he's trashing the house more than usual! Spots are still coming but he just doesn't seem bothered about them at all. Hope it stays that way.

Cheers

Hi Bugbug,

Don't they have fantastic timing....? :blink: .

I know what you mean by fantastic timing i posted yesterday that K has broken his arm and he is gonna be off school for the next 3days, should start tomorrow...

Good tip on the bi-carb

Hope all ok

Justamom

Edited by justamom

Going to try the bi-carb tonight. He's ill now, a little hot but no great temperature. One minute he's running around and the next he's completely the opposite. Bless him he's now catching up on some sleep. I know I'll definately be up tonight! He never normally sleeps during the day even when he's been up most of the night.

Cheers

You can do the oatmeal thing yourself by getting a handful or two or oatmeal and wrapping it in some muslin (or a tea cloth), and then squishing it onto the body. I did it with mine after a camomile bath (couple of tea bags in the bath!) and it really helped to dry up the spots.

Piriton and moisturiser, preferably with calamine in, my youngest son has had it 3 times so I've tried various treatments, we tried the drying them out but then learnt the hard way that that makes them scar more and itch more,never found he needed calpol as he didn't have any pain/fever.

Edited by lil_me

Hi

We noticed spots on my son last Wednesday evening which turned out to be Chicken Pox too. He has had 2 nights of screaming all night but seems to be a little better now. We have tried the oatmeal in muslin and this helped. He doesn't like the calamine. We have found it most difficult as he doesn't speak alot and couldn't or wouldn't say what was hurting. Hope your son gets better soon.

Well, my little cherub ( Cara ) has a abcess on her tooth now and our dentist has been off sick for over a month so i'll have to take her to the emergency dentist, luckily she loves Dr's and Dentists ( strange girl :huh: ).

Hope the chicken pox are easing off >:D<<'>

Clare