pingu

Latest obsession i need your help

OOH, love his heart. :wub::wub:

He must be over the moon with this. :thumbs::thumbs:

What a cute kid. :wub:

BTW shame they didn't include the ten grand. :lol::lol:

Brook :wub:

>:D<<'> Brook.

his face was worth more than any amount of cash, :wub: Although the 10 grand would have been very usefull :whistle:

Cant believe the picture works :D

shaz

LOL. I learnt it from photo bucket...... (thanks to a certain baddad) LOL.

Im so excited at this new burst of knowledge. Hehhee.

:jester:

I couldnt resist sharing his drawing with everyone now i have the hang of photobucket. This is what we sent to Noel, and endemol (along with a letter of beggness)

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...ornodealpic.jpg

His very own personal drawing. (needed lots of help with the spelling, but he got there. )

shaz

Wow he looks like the cat who got the cream. So pleased for him. I love his picture too, looks like a lot of effort went into that.

have you told him he's a star on the forum?

Hi phasmid. I couldnt send the picture to Noel :crying: as the form on his site doesnt allow it. But i have sent one back to endemaol thanking them for all their help, i have included the picture on that. :D

it feels good to do something right for once.

Viper. - He is very chuffed that we are talking about his box, he was stood here earlier asking why his name was on the screen (its the only thing he can read) So i told him that we were talking about the box he had got. And he walked off saying that he couldnt hear any voices so how was i talking. ?? :D But any 'talk' about the box is a + in his eyes, this arrivial has certainly boosted this particular obssession to the top of the list.

:whistle:

shaz

:clap::clap::clap:Hi Kieran :clap::clap::clap:

Hi Kieran,

(mum will have to read this bit for you.) Mrs Phasmid and I are really pleased you like your box. Everyone is talking about your box and how pleased we all are it has made you so happy. We both hope you enjoy iplaying with your box for weeks and weeks to come.

Thats great, nice to know there are still people like that who are willing to help. A friend of mine met Noel at one of his programmes, I think it was house party and she said he was very nice

When phas jr was approaching 13 he was obsessed with TV and how the studio end of things all worked. We contacted a tv shopping channel we use(d) and asked them if there was any chance of a visit.

To cut a long story short we spent an afternoon with them, he met his favourite presenters and was showered with gifts (including a whopping great bag of pokemon cards 1000's of them - which he still has!). We were treated like royalty for the whole thing and even allowed into the studio during a live broadcast (which they had no intention of doing) to see it in action. 6 months later they invited the whole family up to see them. They were fantastic. All this came from one e-mail request.

There really are some nice people out there.

My lad has (re)started his obsessive habit of switching power supplies on and off repeatedly. His TV/PSP/PS2 has an on/off power switch which he pushes about 15 times a minute or more if you don't intervene. He says he likes the sound he gets from that ! To a degree he now doesn't really play the games at all just switches them on and off. The more frustration you may exhibit, the more intense the actions he takes, so distraction techniques and constant monitoring of his play activity is taking place at present, and the ultimate sanction of removing the plugs so he can't do it, if all else fails ! It reaches epidemic proportions at times, and we've actually replaced his TV as well because of damage.

We've tried putting the TV out of physical reach but it's not really practical. He says he cannot stop, he tries but he can't, so obviously he is aware of what's happening. Drawing attention to it when it happens escalates the behaviour, ignoring it, he carries on, distraction techniques only prevent it while he is doing that, but at any given time he will return to the TVs/games and do it again, we cannot prevent it happening other than removing his sole interest, what can you do ? Switching his games off as a last resort has also introduced a new element, he gets aggressive toward me, which he never used to exhibit. He'll 'wait us out' days if need be, to return to the obsessive activity again. Avoiding this by playing it down or distraction isn't really working, he just goes back again afterwards and does it again and again.

I seriously considered removing his games and the TV altogether, his mum said we would get WW3 and HOW ! But we are unable to address this issue at all.

Edited by Melow

hi Melow.

Wow thats a hard one to address, Im not sure what to advise on this one, but maybe you should buy him one of those "do it yourself" circuit makeup kits. I only say this as there is a switch on them which if he got interested in making it up, he would be able to switch it on and off without damaging the electrics in your house. I know its a long shot but may be worth a try, then at least you wont have to remove his TV etc. They sell these sort of kits in WHSmiths and (where we live) the discovery shop.

Sorry i cant be any more help. >:D<<'>

Shaz

Guest flutter

can u make him some sort of board, with differnt swtiches on it

go to B and wahteva (*) and buy up differing switches, bells ect and screw them on to a board, contact local college and ask if the electronic depart ment can make something up for him that will have an end, lights ect??

tc

C x