Sign in to follow this  
lisann

Siatica

Had bad Siatica :( now for 5 weeks was extremely bad for three weeks to the point where I just wanted to stay home and rest not like me but it hurts like hell.Still can't bend down or walk right doc put me down for physio opp' on Tues but a friend says seeing a chiropractor ( excuse spelling if I spelt it wrong ) would be better.Anyone any experience of siatica and what works for them.

Lisa x

lisann. I have suffered from agonising siatica over the years and have always been to an osteopath. I have friends who swear by chiropractors. I'm not sure what the difference is though!

Some areas have physios who are able to do similar sort of massage and treatment as chiropractors and osteopaths.

If this is what your appointment is for then all the better because it will be on the NHS so you won't have to pay for it. Chiropractors/osteopaths aint cheap!

Hope you feel better soon

Lauren

Guest flutter

i hae had years ago chiropractic

i fopund it really really painful, have seen cranial oesteopath, which was ok, have recenlty seen an dosteopath, and that did hurt, but is getitng better,

i have also tried refelexoogy, which was great, any manipulation i think is gonna hurt, but it will be worth it

http://www.firstchiro.com/sciatica.htm

http://www.indiangyan.com/books/therapyboo..._sciatica.shtml

http://www.reflexology.org/

good luck, and pain free times, and if u find them share please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

i had it bad -and think it was caused through the epidural i had with my fist son -dr told me it had damaged a nerve-i said id never have one again but alas couldnt bear pain with son number 2 so had another

really hurts me some days -ive just made do with ibrufen-and the gel u can get -hot baths-

and a while back i was having body massages that gave some relief.

its horrid feeling isnt it-in your buttocks and down your legs :crying:

I've used an osteopath and physiotherapist for this, at different times. Give me the osteopath anytime!

Osteo seems to have better effects more quickly. Physio works in its own good time.

Guest hallyscomet

Ibuprofen works like a treat so do heat beads, and lie on your back and pull knee to chest and hold for 20hours just joking 20 seconds then swap do 5 of each it really works.

HI all thanks for the replies

I have tried the ibropfen they don't work tried some tramadol made made go crazy !!!!!!

Think the Reflexology sounds good but will give the Physio a try first cause it's free and we are skint!!!LOL

Speak soon

Lisa

Guest flutter

i off back to osteopath again today

i do have appointment with the physio, but the wait is /was 20 weeeekkks :( and i am in loadsa pain, so we are finding the money

do u know anyone with a tens machine, cos that can help too??

tc and behave lol ( that means dont overdo it ! )

C x

Ouch...Sciatica :tearful:

The only suggestions I could think of have already been suggested . I've been referred to physio for arthritis in my lower spine, caused by spinal surgery when i was a teenager.......many, many, moons ago :P Anyway, I was referred in November....and I'm still waiting :unsure:

Took matters into my own hands and joined gym & go swimming, which is making me feel a little fitter, but isn't really helping with the pain and stiffness on a morning. Unfortunately I tend to react quite badly to anything stronger than paracetamol, which means my options are limited in terms of pain relief.

I've considered TENS and also reflexology, as I've heard they are both helpful.

Hope you are feeling better soon,

Take care,

Debs