Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

I need ideas on Travel Insurance

We go on Holiday in july and we are researching holiday insurance I want the cover to cover my son who has ADHD and other conditions or do I just get standard travel insurance but how will i proove it wasnt connected to his conditions, if I need to claim.

I read of one insurance somewhere but cant remember it, I think it began with R,

Has anyone got any experience with going on Holiday and having Travel Insurance that covers your childrens special needs and disabilities.

Would really like some information if you know any good ones.

JsMum

Based on my own experiences in the past I would suggest you try an independent insurance broker rather than a travel agent based quote. I'll pm you with the name of the people we used last time.

Phasmid - can you pm me those names too.

I'm sure I posted about this a while ago but I can't find it. Last year we went with BUPA because they covered my sons autism. However, this year because I have specified it as Aspergers they now will not cover it!!! So what changed?

So I too need to find someone who will cover my son with travel insurance.

Oh dear - you are all frightening me - I always take out ordinary travel insurance (my daughter was only diagnosed towards the end of last year) - and didn't think for one minute that because she has AS she won't be covered.

I have already taken out this years insurance - why does it affect it?

Many thanks,

Jb

It's always worth asking for the travel insurance phone no when travel agents offer cheap / free insurance we have found most do cover ASD.

Lisa x