Sign in to follow this  
LKS

Dentists

Just back from the dentist :( They have a new 'fairer' charging system now. ?15.50 for any visit including check-up, polish and any preventative care. Next ?42.50 for any fillings. And then I think it's ?189.50 for more extensive work. I had one small b****y filling and a polish and it cost ?42.50, what a rip off. Thats the same price as if I had had 10 fillings. She also wanted me to see a dental hygenist which was another ?35. Told her sorry, don't think I'll be able to afford the dentist soon :(

Yes but it's fairer - like b****y hell it is

What annoys me about the dentist (or mine anyway) is that every time I have a check up she then does a 2 minute spit and polish at the end and adds on an extra ?10 (might also be nice if she didn't chat to the assistant person about what was on TV last night for the whole time while checking my teeth, but maybe that's a bit much to ask for)

my partner went to the dentist a few weeks back and referred him to the hygienist. they made 2 appointments for him. first one he went to, he was told he wasnt cleaning the back of his teeth properly, he needed to floss. ?35 for that!!! then when he went last week, she looked in his mouth, told him that was better and thats it. another ?35!! huge rip off if you ask me.

dental hygeinist is an absolute rip off. I'm lucky enough to have a dental practice with integrity and they don't require you to do this. The dentist does all of that as part of the normal check up.

Lauren

the dental hygenist at our dentist only works privatley at a cost of 25 quid.

I tell them to shove it up there arses me.

I go to teh dentists and i have never had to have a filling ever.They never find anything wrong with my teeth.But they still say well book you in to see the hygenists.

They must think im pigging stupid.

My teeth are perfect so why would i pay to be told how to brush them i know how to brush them.

Hi all

Yep our dentist has changed tothe fairer system whats fair about it is brhond me it now costs me ?15.50 for a check up :( . It used to cost me ?5.75 what a rip off dreeding hubby going in Sep he always need word done it will skint us.

Lisa