Viper

Just spent ?65

We've just got home from seeing Ice age 2 and we done ?65. It's unbelievable. We had a Mackey d's as well but ?65 for one afternoon. There were 5 of us, myself and my husband, my two daughters and Ben. With petrol used to get there (?8) cos we have to go so far to get there and sweets when you get inside it's really ###### expensive.

We don't go out often cos we can't afford it. But hubby got home from France today and is going back tomorrow so we thought we would do something. We really shouldn't have had so many kids. Our eldest daughter didn't even come.

Our 'local' cine-world does an offer where the 6 of us can go in for less than ?15 - 20. They offer a dsicount if you go in the morning plus further discounts for disabilities and for carers. That little lot makes quite a difference. The only drawback is you have to go before a specified time (normally midday - but this can vary sometimes I think). Even with the cost of petrol added (?10 at the very, very most) and BK as well it runs out at around ?40 - ?50. That would leave ?15 towards a future visit and ther is one less in family Viper!!! If they have one near you I'd check them out.

PS. If you book on-line you cannot get the discount at the time of booking. When you arrive ask them to adjust it - our's do it every time without a problem.

Viper, isn't it terrible??

If I take all my kids to the cinema then for a pizza I can easily spend close on a 100 quid.

Last time I took them to the pics I picked up a cinema association pass application. It means if you have a disabled child with you, as their carer, the adult gets in for free. Certainly worth it.

Lauren

We are off to see Ice Age this afternoon. It does seem to be getting more and more expensive doesn't it? i only take our eldest two....our youngest would never sit and watch anything longer than half hour..and then it has to be Spongebob :lol::lol: I find the sweets/drinks etc cost more than getting in, so try and take our own whenever possible.

I've just filled in a survery asking about my opinion on cinemas, and the main point I put was the cost, I also added a bit about it isn't just the charge of seeing the film but everything else when you get in, and the fact you can't take in your own

The cost of entertaining eh? My kids were off last week and I spent a small mortgage! We went to Wet and Wild which was great but cost me over ?50! Still it was a fabulous day out and I could have got disability discount if I'd remembered the documents.

I shouldn't complain about the amount of money the school asks for trips, clubs and instrument tuition really when you think what the holidays cost - but I'm afraid I do.

Edited by DaisyProudfoot

I've just filled in a survery asking about my opinion on cinemas, and the main point I put was the cost, I also added a bit about it isn't just the charge of seeing the film but everything else when you get in, and the fact you can't take in your own

Lil Me,

You can take your own into any of our cinemas. We always take our own sweets and drinks and the pizza hut downstairs from the cinema makes a small fortune from people taking pizzas into the cinema. We often buy dips and tortillas from the supermarket and take them in - it saves us a fortune as there's 7 of us! :D

But you're right that the cost of the cinema itself is still very high, even with a carer card.

We always go for a lunchtime screening, and take a packed lunch each. The Odeon at Metrocentre has a sign up saying that no hot food from outside the cinema will be allowed, so in my book that means you can take in anything else. If it's a special occasion (birthday, Christmas) J can get some ice cream from inside, but I wouldn't pay those prices as a matter of course.

The cinema card has been a boon to us too, makes seeing a film far more accessible if money's tight.

Karen

x

We are off to see Ice Age this afternoon. It does seem to be getting more and more expensive doesn't it? i only take our eldest two....our youngest would never sit and watch anything longer than half hour..and then it has to be Spongebob :lol::lol: I find the sweets/drinks etc cost more than getting in, so try and take our own whenever possible.

I took mine to see Ice age during the hols, K doesnt drink anything fizzy so I got him a bottle of water ?2.75!!!!! I was absolutely gob smacked!! ###### daylight robbery! :o

I took Com and Dot to Ice Age 2 yesterday with the cinema association card. I'd never used it before and the guy at the counter hadn't seen one before, so Com explained it all to him :thumbs: . Then we got a couple of drinks and some popcorn, was just about to pay when Com pipes up "It would be cheaper if we got deal 1." He's right, 40p less for exactly the same as we just ordered :blink: . Then, just as it was about to be rung up, he asks "What's the difference between deal 1 and deal 3?" and it turns out it's exactly the same (price and everything) but with a free kid's ticket thrown in for the next visit. :wacko: So we get that instead.

My problem with all this is that Com gets me in free because he's 'disabled', but he is obviously more able than any of the rest of us, staff included! :lol::thumbs:

nemo