pingu

Me V's The plaster's

Hello everyone.

You may remember me mentioning the other day about kieran having a fall at school. :crying: They patched him up with 'primapore' (Big sticky white plaster type thing) and then told me that he may still have some grit in the cuts. (his injured parts were his elbow, and his left hip).

Well last night i persuaded him to have a bath, which he was happy to do as long as 'his box' could watch. So off we went at 7pm and thats where the hell began.

Firstly he wouldnt allow me touch any of his dressings, and to be honest i wouldnt have had to if the cuts were clean, but with the teacher saying they still had muck in them i thought i should persever and try. I wish i hadnt now.

By 8.30pm we had managed to get the old ones off, His elbow is all grazed and his hip is cut/grazed/very bruised. He then got out of the bath and refused to let me put new dressings on, but he also refused to get dressed as his clothes would touch his sore parts. so for another 2 hours he ran around the house naked screaming and got himself all upset because he was cold. at 10.15pm after lots and lots of reasoning and quite a few bribes, we got the new plasters on :huh: Once that was done he got dressed without a fuss and fell asleep straight away.

THEN

he had only been asleep an hour (thats when i posted his pictures on the obsession thread) and he started sleepwalking. (he hasnt done this for ages).

The rest of the night was a disater he continued to sleepwalk, and finally he woke up at 3am complaining of pain in his arm.

He is lots better today, but i am dreading taking the plasters off again, I wouldnt have bothered putting them on but he was 'leaking' and obviously refusing to put his clothes on :tearful:

SOooooooooo Who the hell invented plasters !! What a night that was.

Im going to tell the school the next time he falls (god forbid) maybe they should call me and i will make sure he is free of dirt and grit before i put the damn things on. Saying that they were great with him, and his teacher even got a cuddle!

Babble over.

Shaz

Oh bless him >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Our daughter loves plasters, but whips them off after 30 seconds and sticks them on barbie! :lol::lol: She is dubious about anything else sticky though, and when she had to have an op at 3, she required an ECG beforehand, and wouldn't tolerate the sticky things they put on you. They tried on 3 seperate occasions, and kept trying to explain to her that "they don't hurt", and i kept trying to explain to them that wasn't the issue with her :rolleyes: Mind you, the screaming was nothing in comparison to the howling that came when they tried to get a gown on her.... :o

Hope his cuts and grazes clear up without needing anymore dressings or plasters. Good idea to let the school know of his reaction, should he need treatment again in the future.

Take care,

Debs

just soak him in the bath for a few days and they will fall off by themselves and by that time he should not need any more. I have actually loosened plasters when my child has been asleep so when they have a bath the next day they can fall off

Jen

Jen, If you oaked them in the bath for a few days I think a lot more might fall off too. :lol:

ben has a love hate relationship with plasters. He hates having them on but wants to stop the bleeding and knows he has to have a plaster. When it comes to taking them off again it's another story. He flatly refuses to let me remove them. He has been known to have a plaster on for weeks and when it was removed the cut had completly healed. :blink:

At the blood donors, it's widely accepted that pulling the plaster off the inside of your elbow is a lot more painful than the donation :blink::lol:

I think next time I'll say I'm allergic to plasters and see if the alternative is better :pray: .

nemo

I think next time I'll say I'm allergic to plasters and see if the alternative is better :pray: .

nemo

Aaargh! Nemo, don't do it!!! I AM allergic to plasters, but I say I am not at the blood donors, because the stuff they use to stick the dressing on is even more painful to remove than the plaster, plus they use yards of the stuff and wrap it right round your arm so even more to tug off!!!!

Pingu

Dunno what it's like, but what about that new TCP spray? Not sure how easy it is to remove tho :wacko:

Hi All ,

There's this stuff that covers the wound like glue to make a waterproof barrier, But.......................It stings like hell! Just for a couple of mins tho or am i just a wimp :rolleyes:

Clare