Sign in to follow this  
lotty

change of statement

I am feeling quite confused, my son had been given a statement a few years ago and it was put that he should go to a special school 30 miles away, I felt that this would be to much for him and his autism was not severe enough to be sent off so far away to a special school, he enjoyed his school as he had been there for 3 years. so we appealed against the decision and requested that he could stay at the local school and the statement came back as him only being allowed 1 hour of support a day. How can the two statements about the same child be so opposite? has this happened to anyone else. how do you get the correct level of support or is it really either or?

Edited by lotty

That beggars belief Lottie. You must feel totally frustrated! We've never faced this, as we didn't want our daughter to attend our local primary, and she attends a mainstream primary in another town which also incorporates assessement classes within nursery, reception, yr 1 and yr 2. Sorry I couldn't of been more help.

Take care,

Debs

Thats crazy - what are they thinking?

Just one thought - has the LEA delegated the SEN budget?

Is it 1 hour total - OR one hour above the level of SA+ that is devolved to the school?

I think you need to contact IPSEA