Sign in to follow this  
lizzie

UNBELIEVABLE cont...............................

Hi everyone, just an update really about my son Ks school and the shower of idiots that seem to run it!!! Re cap.... K has had approx. 75% of this year absent from school without it being noticed by school!!! When I asked the senco how come it went un detected, the answer he gave me made me shudder!......... Apparently, they have a new computorised system of taking the registered, he then quite openly admitted that it has been faulty since day one and it only actually works 2 days out of 5!! so the other 3 days they cant keep proper track of absences!!! Oh my lord!!! What if there was a fire!! Im so glad K is no longer in the care of a school that quite obviously doesnt care! Im so disgusted!

:o:o

As you rightly said, unbelievable! I thought keeping accurate registers was a legal requirement? :huh:

K

As you rightly said, unbelievable! I thought keeping accurate registers was a legal requirement? :huh:

K

Yes I thought so too! Im reporting this to Lea on monday!!!

K

You're absolutely correct Kathryn - it is a legal requirement for schools to keep a correct register. The register must be taken twice a day.

Imagine the consequences if there was, say, a fire at school and no-one knew who was there or not.

When Ofsted inspect they want to know about absences - authorised or otherwise - and could be severely criticised by them for either not knowing or fudging the issue by giving incorrect figures.

That is terrible. Like others have said,what if there were a fire?? There seems to be so much emphasis lately that kids can't miss school, can't have hols during term time, etc etc etc....yet its farcical when a school can't even keep a record of what children are actually in school.

There's more here about the taking of registers including a further link to e-registration studies. Should give you the 'technical' wherewithall for that phone call!

I think that the school should be closed down and I do mean this. Contact OFSTED now with this info I think they would be more than interested. The LEA will find a way out of this don't give them the chance go to OFSTED first and don't tell them.

Oracle

Edited by oracle

Hi again, I was talking to my next door neighbour yesterday about the problems I have been having with K's school, I told her about all the time he had off without it being noticed, and the sencos reasons for it going un noticed, she was really shocked, she has 3 kids of her own(NT) at the same school, and says that if any of hers have a day off, if she hasnt rung in by lunchtime explaining why, the school ring her wanting to know the reason!! IM now thinking, did K's time off go unnoticed because his days off just happened to be on the days that the registration system wasnt working, or did nobody really bother too much about him because he has special needs?? I am going to work out the dates(as many as I can remember! There has been loads!!) and ask to have these checked against the register, I would be interested to see the results of that! I am going to take this further though, not just for my son, as a parent I owe it to everyone who has kids at the school! Thanks for listening to another one of my rants, sometimes I feel that all I ever do is complain!! :fight:

Lizzie I think you may have just cracked the nut here. It sounds like they operate a two rule system here one for NT's and one for those who don't really count :( Either way I would check this out as it stinks and could be potentially fatal if your SEN child was menat to be in school and was not, but they didn't think it mattered because they do have an SEN. Do you follow me here? Whatever it is it needs exposing.

Rant away because you have every reason to rant - it is justified.

Oracle