Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Does anyone remember from the early 80's.

I remember as a kid going into hospital and begging my father to get me one which I seen in the post office window.

It's a lil bean doll that had a hard head but bean filled body. It was wearing like a babygrow and mine was green although they came in different colours (babygrows). It came with a matchbox for it's bed and sat neatly into it. The doll itself must have been about 3" tall.

Any ideas on where I can get my hands on one. I lost it whilst in hospital and was devasted and to this day, I remember that doll and would love a replacement for old times sake.

Searched daily on EBay but still no luck. :crying:

Editted to add, I've just emailed the Post Office service in hope that they can help but I an't holding up much hope. :(

Edited by Tylers-mum

Hi TM,

I remember these - my daughter had two pink ones - she wasn't born til '93 - and she probably had them when she was around 5'ish - so they were out a while ago - if I remember she had them from one of those 'boy/girl cone' things you can buy with sweets and toys in for about ?1.99 - and I'm sure I've seen them recently in the small corner shop kind of place.

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

Hi Tylers-mum, Im afraid I cant help you out with this, not sure what dolls you mean, I only have boys my friend has 3 daughters I will ask her if she knows and get back to you ok? Lizziexxx

I remember the ones you mean I had a blue one.

TY for all your replies. :D The ones on EBAY are the ones except mine was all one colour but that don't matter! ;)

Umm, a LOT of money they are going for though!! :crying:

Blimey, seeing them brings back memories. :D

Edited by Tylers-mum

Blast from the past or what!!! I had a look at the dolls and i remember having one too! If i remember my grandma bought me it.