Sign in to follow this  
baddad

good evening compers!!

Hokey Dokey -

isa time for the answers then, ennit!

Best check your own scores, peeps, 'cos i never was much cop wiv the ol' maths, but MY results at the end...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q1: (Right, as it was her idea, first question comes from Sallya)...

WHAT WAS JOHN LENNON'S MIDDLE NAME?

A: WINSTON (after Churchill)

Q2: LIVERPOOL POET ROGER McGOUGH WAS ALSO ONE THIRD OF WHICH FAMOUS COMEDY SINGING TRIO?

A: The SCAFFOLD(oh we'll drink we'll drink we'll drink to Lily the Pink.......)

Q3: WHICH FORUM MODERATOR WAS RECENTLY INVOLVED IN A FAMILY SCANDAL INVOLVING EGGS AND A PARKED CAR?

A: 'Twas ANNIE (but she was egged on, apparently)

Q4: (This one provided by Little Nemo)...

WHOSE ARCH-ENEMIES WERE A FROG, HIS CATERPILLAR AND A CROW?

A: DANGeRMOUSE (amazing, astounding...)

Q5: IN 'THE STRANGE CASE OF THE END OF CIVILISATION AS WE KNOW IT' JOHN CLEESE PLAYED THE ROLE OF (A) SHERLOCK HOLMES. WHO PLAYED WATSON?

A: ARTHUR LOWE ( And I'm amazed at how many got it right!)

Q6; WHICH MOD'S GLITTERING CAREER AS A PHYSICIST WAS TRAGICALLY CURTAILED FOLLOWING A TERRIBLE GENE-SPLICING ACCIDENT INVOLVING A TELEPORTATION POD AND AN UNANTICIPATED, MULTI-LEGGED INTERLOPER?

A: 'Twas PHASMID, and the interloper was a PHASMID!!!

Q7: (Provided by Suze, Who's still yearning for a return ticket to 1985!)...

ROLAND ORLAZABEL ACHIEVED FAME AS HALF OF WHICH 80's POP DUO?

A: TEARS FOR FEARS

Q8: IF EDMUND SENT BALDRICK TO BUY A CORNISH PASTY, WHO'S SHOP WOULD BALDRICK HEAD FOR?

A: MRS MIGGINS'

Q9: (Connections round 1): WHAT IS THE LINK BETWEEN POST PUNK POSEUR ADAM ANT, ALL ACTION HERO ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER AND BARONESS HADEN-GUEST OF SALING IN ESSEX?

A: Actress JAMIE LEE CURTIS... Went out with Mr Ant in the early eighties, starred along Arnie in box office smash 'True Lies', and is Lady Haden-Guest... Her Hubby, Christopher Guest (of spinal tap fame) inherited the Barony as part of his father's estate in 1996.

Q10: WHICH DANCER TURNED SINGER ONCE LOST HER HEART TO A STARSHIP TROUPER

A: SARAH BRIGHTMAN (a bit of cr*p trivia... BADDAD'S cousin wrote the B-Side to the single... anyone who owns the single can confirm that it really is 'cr*p' trivia!!)

Q11: WHICH 'BIGHEADED' MOD IS THE INVENTOR OF THE 'TRUMP-O-MATIC?

A: That'll be me then :)

Q12: (Submitted by Lauren)...

WHAT IS 'YORKSHIRE FOG'?

A: A type of GRASS... ain't that right, Delia? ;)

Q13: WHO DIDN'T LIKE GREEN EGGS AND HAM?

A: It was (initially) SAM'S FRIEND, only identified as 'I' :P But, as nemo aka smartarse pointed out, at the end of the book he decided he DID like them, so I'd also accept that there wasn't anyone who didn't like green eggs and ham! Any one of those three answers got a point...

Q14: WHAT IS A 'LADY'S FINGER'?

A: It is a piece of OKRA... All those who thought it was a biscuit, check your pluralisation: The biscuits are LADY FINGERS.... Oh, somebody mentioned an Anne Summers connection ? I have checked this, and THAT is not pluralised at all!!

Q15: WHO WAS ATTACKED WHILE DRESSED AS A GLAZED HAM, AND RESCUED BY BOO RADLEY?

A: It was SCOUT FINCH... (to kill a mockingbird) Jem wasn't dressed as a ham BTW

Q16: WHICH MOD RECENTLY CELEBRATED 'THE BIG FOUR-OH' WITH A TATTOO AND A NEW HAIR COLOUR?

A: BOHO BID ? who reportedly was very disappointed because sequins could not be surgically implanted :P

Q17: (Connections round 2): WHAT IS THE CONNECTION BETWEEN WALT DISNEY, FUTURAMA'S 'FRY' AND WOODY ALLEN?

A: 1 Clever clogs knew it was CRYOGENIC FREEZING... Disney for real, Fry as a result of a Pizza Delivery accident (?Pizza for I. C. Weiner?) and Allen in his movie 'Sleeper'...

So, anyone who's going to see Disney on Ice ? check those tickets carefully!!

Q18: WHAT IS THE NAME OF STEVE MARTIN'S DOG IN THE FILM 'THE JERK'?

A: S**T HEAD

Q19: (Provided by Kathryn)...

IF YOU WERE AFFLICTED WITH TRISKAIDEKAPHOBIA WHAT WOULD BE YOUR PROBLEM?

A: you would have an irrational fear of the NUMBER 13

Q20: IN OSCAR WILDE'S 'THE IMPORTANCE OF BEING EARNEST' WHICH CHARACTER UTTERS THE IMMORTAL LINE ?A HAND-BAG??

A: LADY MILTON-KEYNES...... Sorry: BRACKNELL

Q21: WHICH ONE TIME CORONATION STREET CAST MEMBER APPEARED IN THE ORIGINAL STAGE PRODUCTION OF BRAHM STOKER'S 'DRACULA'?

A: JACK HOWARTH, aka ALBERT TATLOCK!!! (na-na-na-na-na-na-na)

Q22: WHICH MOD IS MOST LIKELY TO OWN A 'QUIVER', AND HAVE A GOOD STOCK OF VENISON IN THE FREEZER?

A: KATHRYN ? Just look at her avatar, you daft lot!

Q23: 'AUSTIN POWERS ? GOLDMEMBER' FEATURES AN IN-MOVIE-MOVIE-SEQUENCE BASED ON AUSTIN'S LIFE. WHICH ACTOR IS PLAYING THE AUSTIN ROLE, AND WHAT IS THE MOVIES TITLE?

A: TOM CRUISE / AUSTINPUSSY (half point for either one!)

Q24: (Provided by Annie)...

WHAT IS THE NAME OF FATHER TED CRILLY'S HOUSEKEEPER? (you'll know that one, oh you will, you will, you will...)

A: MRS DOYLE (and for some it was 'ah you won't, you won't you won't!)

Q25: (Connections round 3): CAN YOU GET TO SPRINGFIELD FROM DIBLEY IN JUST 4 STEPS?

A: From DAWN FRENCH (V of D) to hubby LENNY HENRY to TRACEY ULLMAN (in '3 of a kind') to SPRINGFIELD ? 'cos the Simpsons started out as a 'link' item on Ullman's American TV show

Q26: WHICH CABBAGE-COLOURED MOD HELPED LUKE TO 'FEEL THE FORCE'?

A: It was YODA NELLIE!!

Q27: IN 'TOMKINSON'S SCHOOL DAYS' (Ripping Yarns) WHAT STROKE OF LUCK DID YOUNG TOMKINSON ENJOY ONLY 5 WEEKS IN TO THE NEW TERM?

A: HE WAS ACCIDENTALLY SHOT IN THE STOMACH BY MONSIEUR LEPOINTE DURING FRENCH TRANSLATION (AFFORDING HIM AN OPPORTUNITY FOR ESCAPE FROM THE INFIRMARY!)

Q28: WHICH PAIR OF GLAM ROCKERS PRODUCED LOU REED'S 'TRANSFORMER' ALBUM?

ALVIN STARDUST and SUZI QUATRO... Oh, alright, it was DAVID BOWIE/MICK RONSON

Q29: (Courtesy of Daisy P.)...

WHICH PROGRAMME WON BEST SINGLE DOCUMENTARY IN THE RECENT TV BAFTAS?

A: MAKE ME NORMAL (c4)

Q30: (Provided by Boho Bid)... WHICH SPACE ROCKING UBER-BAND FEATURED FOR SEVERAL YEARS AN ON-STAGE EXOTIC DANCER NAMED STACIA?

A: The ALVIN STARDUST BAND... Oh, alright, it was HAWKWIND

AND, THE FINAL QUESTION... A MULTI PART TIE-BREAKER 'JUST IN CASE'...

YOU'LL NEED ALL FOUR PARTS TO EARN A 10 POINT BONUS...

According to the Gospels of the new testament on the feeding of the multitude:

a) How many Loaves and fishes were divided?

FIVE & TWO

B) How many did they feed?

5000 (must have been the first ever nouvelle cuisine banquet!!)

c)What were their names?

By an amazing coincidence, with the exception of big J and his entourage, ALL of the blokes were called DARREN and ALL of the girls were called SHARON... even more amazing, the feeding of the multitude DID NOT take place on Canvey Island...

d)Who complained that his stickleback was 'raw in the middle' and that his crouton was 'swimming in olive oil'?

St Michael. Patron saint of overpriced ready meals...

And for those still interested, our winner was: Sarah 666 with 15 and a half points...

:dance::dance::notworthy::notworthy:>:D<<'>

YEAHHHHH!!! Go SARAH, GO SARAH :notworthy::dance::dance:

Joint losers were Zemanski & Pingu, who didn't do quite that well >:)< :(

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's enough excitement for one week! Next MONDAY, the first in our possibly-to-become-a-regular-feature...

PHOTO CAPTION COMPETITION!!!!

Same bat time, same bat channel :bat::ph34r:

Luv 'n' Peace y'all

BD :D

So those were the right answers, how about the best of the wrong 'uns? :pray:

No-one needs to be named and shamed, but there must have been a few goodies... (I know someone answered 'Phasmid' for any mod question... :rolleyes:

I'm amazed - I actually got at least 7 right :dance::dance::dance:

not only that but 2 were people and one was a music question - we don't have a fainting smiley do we? :lol:

Z

well done Sarah....I wish I hadn't answered all the questions on Monday...had a splitting headache over oneeye.... couldn't see too well....all a bit blurry...didn't see MODS in the questions... but it must have registered somewhere in my brain...because i woke up Tuesday and thought 'damn, it wasn't the fly, Robin hood or yoda....it was phas, Kathryn and Nellie!'....completely true....time to slink off......

Edited by Sallya

Well I did better than I expected but still didn't get any of the musc or film questions! :huh:

Thanks BD, for organising this - it was fun. :):clap:

K x

opppsss. do me and zemanski get to share the wooden spoon? :wub:

Well done Sarah >:D<<'>

thanks for the quiz baddad. t'was fun