Sign in to follow this  
PinkSapphireAngel

UPDATE ON LUKE

I had a meeting with Parent Partnership last Friday afternoon to discuss my evidence for the statementing assessment

they expected to be writing the whole thing with me but when they read all that I have written myself they were really impressed apparently so did not need to add to it.

I asked them to try to find out what on earth is going on as I have no idea about dealines and dealines for decisions etc, they phoned just now and said the LEA want all paperwork including mine by JUNE 27TH

then the decsion whether or not Luke will be statemented will be made before JULY 11TH!!!

I have another meeting this afternnon, this time with the head of the ASD Outreach team for the LEA she is the one who advises schools on ASD and so she is the one the school totally ignored for a whole year, she wants to do a "pupil profile" on Luke ready to give to whatever secondary school he might end up in.

I will have a few questions for her I can tell you,

for a start I want to know how she is going to ensure whatever school he goes to will follow her advice as I am told she will now bew involved with Luke till at least the age of 16.

Edited by PinkSapphireAngel

Hi PSA,

It's good to hear things are moving forward and you have some dates now. I hope the process continues to go smoothly.

Good luck with everything,

K x

Finally have a copy of the school report for statutory assessment, some parts are very hard to read as it makes his difficulties so clear but it in parts tries to cover for the schools negligence by blaming Lukes difficulties for his lack of progress rather than the fact they have NOT met those obvious needs.

Oh well guess we will have to wait and see.

I am getting more and more stressed at the moment.

Luke being 11 is getting harder to deal with symtom wise and this statutory assessment thing is doing my head in as the LEA are STILL being patheyic and ignoring me which I am furious about especially as the school are now saying Luke has made little or no progress in the last 4 years!!

WHO THE HELL DO THEY THINK THEY ARE after everything I have put up with and had to deal with with them over those years, all the lies and fobbing off and NOW they say no progess in 4 years?

I am livid to say the least. :angry:

I am so angry I do not know what to do, I have been holding back because of the statutory assessment happening but I cannot let them get away with it can I?

I am going to his last SEN /IEP review this Friday and really do not know what to say as I am so angry

Any advice PLEASE???

No I don't think you can.

It wouldn't be so bad if they had instigated the assesment process as a result of his lack of progress - but they didn't, YOU DID!

I would be asking them why this was allowed to happen. If he was on SA+ and had made no progress in a year I would be expecting the alarm bells to be ringing and the statement process to follow fairly soon after...not 4 years later. Not good enough, not by a long shot. At your meeting on Friday (make sure they take minutes) ask them how they can excuse the lack of action on this? Make them squirm - more to the point make them answer it! Ask it as many times as it takes until you get an answer. I would also take with you the same question in writing ready to hand into the school office addressed to the head and CoG asking them to answer it as I suspect they will do their utmost to dodge it Friday. If it were me I'd be going for the throat - but by the book! They have failed your son and basicaly they have admitted as much in the assesment report. They deserve everything you can throw at them!!!!

The ONLY thing that has stopped me going mental at them so far since the report is that we are still waiting the result of the statutory assessment (I know having a go at school shouldn't affect it but we all know what schools and LEAs are like don't we?)

The SENCO has only been with the school since September.

So why hasn't the new SENCo been doing something about this? Last September is almost a whole school year ago PSA. It's not good enough - the old senco knew what was going on and the new one should have picked it up.

Spot on there, the old SENCO was the deputy head (still is the deputy head now)

I am so angry I think I will end up losing it with them at Luke's last SEN review on Friday anyway as I don't think I could sit in a room listening to how aware they are of Lukes difficulties and not go mad.

I have been worried it would somehow affect the statutory assessment though if I did.

PSA :angry: You're right that you will probably get nowhere by losing your temper and we know don't we that the LEA will get to hear about this meeting ;) But Phasmid is spot on. I would be very interested to know why if a child has made no progress in 4 years something wasn't done about it. Can't remember but I suppose if Luke has been on SA+ the E.P. has been involved was this person never concerned or did perhaps the school falsify results concerning Luke. PSA they have failed Luke miserably, they have failed to monitor his progress satifactorily, they have failed to support him, they have failed to have a good relationship with you, they have failed by the sound of it to keep accurate records of his 'progress' and they have failed to prepare him for the next stage of his school career. Aren't the govs. supposed to keep a check on the progress of pupils on SA+. Are they saying that all parties involved have been completely happy with his progress? I hope you've got that in writing, that they say he has made no progress in 4 years :angry::angry: Actually I think I would go so far as to say that they haven't just failed him they have been negligent. I think a copy of all of this should go to the Director of Education, who is very good at wiggling out of things, and see how he defends his staff and their abysmal failure regarding Luke. But you are right maybe wait for after the statement ;)

Untill WE applied for statutory assessment and the EP was called in in November LAST YEAR the last time the school bothered to even involve the EP was back in 2000 when they applied for statutory assessment!!

It is only now they are doing the assessment that the EP and so now the school are saying they have noticed his lack of progess over the last 4 years, although the school are trying to say it is conveiniantly mainly this year his progress has slowed right down.

They claim his year 2 SAYTs results were age appropriate but he has gone down from there.

I am going to his IEP review Friday but cannot think of anything to say other than talking about their total negligence.