Sign in to follow this  
Paula

Haveing a break from my son

:(:D

Im haveing mixed feelings because my son has gone on a residential trip with his special school today and wont be back until Friday t time.But i do need the break.

Last night he had a terrible tantrum and flew at me he got me in a headlock and punched me several times in the ribs he then told me to F off . :crying: I couldnt beleive how strong he was i didnt stand a chance. I was upset and shocked and told him never to speak or treat me like that againe to which he just raised his fist at me.

He sat down and i ignored him for 10 minutes then he broke down in tears and like any mum i went and cuddled him and said its ok and tried to understand what triggered him.I got no explanation.We had a hug i gave him a kiss and said mum still loves you but please dont hit or punch me againe.

Im now missing him :( wondering how he is and hopeing hes ok.I will enjoy the break i guess.

Last night i realised just how strong he is and i fealt realy vulnerable as i suddenly realised my son could potentially realy hurt me.I was scared.

But you just have to soilder on i guess.

No doubt when he gets home friday itll all kick off and ill get the agro hes kept pent up since he left today.

Edited by Paula

paula >:D<<'> My 11 year old NT daughter is on a residential at the mo too,still worry about her regardless.

My sister is frightened by my nephews strength too,when he has a meltdown he doesnt care who he hurts either,the older he is getting the more he is having to try and control it,he knows he will end up going to prison as an adult if he hurts someone,and that scares him,he hates doing what he does,we know he cant help it,but thats not going to stand up in a court of law is it,it is very worrying.

hi paula

i think you did the best you could my son is 5 and can get violent too its hard not to get angry with them but i think sometimes (most of the time in my case) its just frustration. I also really miss him and worry loads when he has been at his grandparents ive only let him stay twice cos i feel like he might get upset but he always has a great time. :D id just try to enjoy the spare time you get im sure he will be fine

:D

He'll no doubt be fine and dandy.This morning i went to give him a goodbye hug and was told to "get Off !!!!!!!! " great hey.

Im just totally lost when hes not here because it kinda hits me just how much time and energy i put into careing for his every need.Its like when hes away and it such a rare occasion last time was 2 years ago i am allowed a taste however breif of what life might have been like if hed not had problems and i can get very upset at the "what might have been" scenario type of thing. Then when he returns i feel bad for kinda thinking oh god its back to the grind stone back on the treadmill.

I guess you cant win.

I know what you mean Paula, my son went for me on Sunday and it shocked the life out of me - i could not believe it, it was like another person standing infront of me.... My son is a big 12yr old, towers above his class so if he wanted to hurt me he could. I just had to stay very calm in the situation but was so hurt by his temper....

Hope he has a lovely time on his trip!!!! Have a break a try and enjoy your "free" time.

Guest flutter

paula >:D<<'>

they move on very quick form their outbursts, it is just their way, we are still sore ( and some! i know) but they are on another tangent,

please make the most of the break hunny

C xx

I hope he enjoys the trip and you both enjoy the break. I am sure he'll be fine, and no doubt if he wasn't the school would let you know.

The house is so so quiete without him here and im lost because ive no role to play.

Im realy realy missing him even his sister who claimes she hates his guts !!!!!!!!!!!!! said i wish he was home whens he back.

Ill be glad when hes comeing back through those doors againe.