Sign in to follow this  
DaisyProudfoot

Love is........

Sorry to go all soppy on you folks but isn't love funny.

I've been with my husband for 22 years, we met when we were teenagers and he means the world to me. He walked into the sitting room yesterday ( as he does goodness only knows how often) and I looked up and thought: "I love you so much" :wub:

To visualise my hubbs think Jack Black meets Rikki Tomlinson and you're more or less there! :rolleyes:

I dread to think what would happen if he wasn't there for me ..... it's not that I rely on him or anything but he's my best friend too .... I've told him so before that I'd be lost without him and he said that he's the same and if I'm late picking him up from work and haven't rung him as I've been stuck in traffic he also fears the worst for me too ...... pathetic really. :wub:

Ok you can all be sick now :D

My tummy still does a flip when Terry walks into a room and we have been together almost 15 years now :wub: . Maybe that's how you know that it is love because sadly I never did get that flip with my first husband :(

No matter how much we argue and fight :angry: boy can we do that :lol: even as he is storming off to get away from me my tummy stills flips :wacko:

It's our Wedding Anniversary tomorrow 3 years now. I know, I know we waited for quite some time before we tied the knot :lol: If there such things as your soul mate then I reckon that I found mine :wub:

Oracle

That is very very nice Daisy, you and your husband are so lucky to share that.

I've never ever felt like that about anyone :huh: Although I do feel like that about my kids, but then that's to be expected.

It's not that I've never been in love, I've just never been so to the point that I felt that I couldn't do without them in my lives... is that odd and a bit sad???

Lauren -- cold fish :( (I'm not cold really, but I do feel very detached)

Lauren -- cold fish (I'm not cold really, but I do feel very detached)

I know just what you mean Lauren and I have always felt pretty much detached from everyone, not just my ex hubby, to a greater extent (and I wonder who the lads get their autism from :lol: ) However I do not feel like that with Terry. I feel very much connected to him, so I wonder why we fight so much. Life is never dull :lol: He makes me feel real if that makes any sense :wacko:

I know what Daisy feels though because I feel it too :wub: proving that :wub: is not just for the young or the beautiful cos neither Terry or I are oil paintings. :lol: So now you will all need 2 sick buckets :sick:

Oracle

Don't know where it comes from, but probably those stoopid cartoons that used to be in the papers - it went: "Love is never having to say you're sorry"...

Yeah, right, so who wants to take advice from some saddo who's only long-term relationship was obviously with his/her cat then?? Love is saying 'sorry' and sounding like you mean it even when you don't - especially if PMT is part of the scenario. Ain't that right, paula! :lol::lol:;)

I'll get me coat......... :devil:

BD :D

Daisy >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> go for it, girl! i LUUURVE a happy ending >:D<<'> >:D<<'> :D

Edited by baddad

DPF had you been drinking when you published this post? I only ask cos me n hubby are so soppy when we've both had a drink that not many people want to go out with us any more and you sound the same on your post! :lol:

Seriously, I'm really pleased for you, it sounds like you have found your soul mate & that's wonderful. I've certainly got mine & I let him know how much I love him every single day.

:wub:

Do you love me because I am beautiful, or am I beautiful because you love me? :wub:

Anonymous

Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand :devil:

Woody Allen

I was nauseous and tingly all over. I was either in love or I had smallpox.

Woody Allen

To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down. :wacko::wacko:

Albert Einstein

Gravitation can not be held responsible for people falling in love. :rolleyes::)

James Baldwin

Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up.

Love is everything it's cracked up to be. That's why people are so cynical about it...It really is worth fighting for, risking everything for. And the trouble is, if you don't risk everything, you risk even more." - Erica Jong

Love me without fear / Trust me without questioning / Need me without demanding / Want me without restrictions / Accept me without change / Desire me without inhibitions." - Dick Sutphen

If time could stand still, Id freeze it here,

So you'd always hold me, close and near.

In your arms, where I'm meant to be,

Filled with the perfect love you've given me.

A bond so strong, a hold so tight,

To know you're the one; my Mr. Right.

A blessing sent from up above,

In you I've found my one true love.

Our lives entwined to be as one,

Upon this journey we've just begun.

Where you and I will find no less,

Than eternal love and happiness.

From a very, very soppy Smiley! :P:lol::wub::sick::sick::lol:

Edited by smileymab

DPF had you been drinking when you published this post? I only ask cos me n hubby are so soppy when we've both had a drink that not many people want to go out with us any more and you sound the same on your post! :lol:

Seriously, I'm really pleased for you, it sounds like you have found your soul mate & that's wonderful. I've certainly got mine & I let him know how much I love him every single day.

No, I can't drink alcohol at the moment cos of my meds!

So I guess that makes my post twice as sad :lol::lol: