Flora

That cheered me up, having a cr*p day and that is just brill!!!!

Where did you get that from????

Edited by justamom

:D ...........it,s great isn,t it :lol: .............it,s Baddad that deserves all the credit, he found it for me ...........so fanks bads :wub: ............I fink your a true diamond geezer :wub: top bloke :wub: true gent :wub: lovely wuvverley with ostrich feathers on chap :D

it,s Baddad that deserves all the credit, he found it for me ...........so fanks bads :wub: ............I fink your a true diamond geezer :wub: top bloke :wub: true gent :wub: lovely wuvverley with ostrich feathers on chap :D

baddad?.. I'm surprised............NOT :P:lol:

SORRY BUT I DONOT THINK THIS IS SUITABLE FOR THIS ARENA. WOULD WE ALL THINK IT WAS SO FUNNY IT THAT WAS AN AVITAR OF A BLOKE FLASHING? I BET MANY ON HERE WOULD HAVE BEEN JUMPING UP AND DOWN PDQ. THERE ARE MANY JUNIOR MEMBERS AND SOME PROFESSIONALS WHO ACCESS THIS SITE AND IS THIS THE KIND OF IMPRESSION WE WANT TO GIVE? ANYONE WHO HAS MET ME WILL TELL YOU THAT I AM CERTAINLY NO UPTIGHT NOSE IN THE AIR PRISSY PRUDE AND THAT I HAVE AN EXCELLENT SENSE OF HUMOUR AND CAN APPRECIATE AND TELL A DIRTY JOKE IN THE APPROPRIATE SETTING, BUT THIS IS NOT IT. THIS BELONGS IN THE CATAGORY OF SEASIDE POSTCARD HUMOUR NOT HELPFUL INFORMATIVE FORUM.

Suze, >:D<<'>

There is nothing offensive about a bit of light hearted fun.

Support comes in all forms, making people smile, laugh and cheering them up is equally important to giving advice and sharing experience.

Suze, I'm not a moderator so I can't make decisions. But for the sake of sanity I wish you'd put your avatar back up.

No offense Mrs P, but I think that was really unkind.

Lauren

Support comes in all forms, making people smile, laugh and cheering them up is equally important to giving advice and sharing experience.

Suze, I'm not a moderator so I can't make decisions. But for the sake of sanity I wish you'd put your avatar back up.

Lauren

Totally agree Lauren

Hi mrs P.

sorry you found the avatar so offensive. TBPH I think you have way over-reacted, but each to their own...

Meanwhile, I would say this to a couple of point you raise:

Junior members: This is PRIMARILY a site for adults. There are some younger members who use the site, including my son, Suze's kids, Lauren's kids etc etc.... I think the value judgement YOU have made about the 'suitability' of this material is - by implication - extremely offensive to those parents... Additionally, I believe emphatically that children below a certain age should be monitored at all times during ANY internet activity, and that responsibility for those children lies with the parents - not somebody making arbitary judgements on their behalf...

Your judgement about 'postcard humour' - I'd agree completely with that comparison, and would ask if you think a seaside postcard should be viewed as 'top shelf' material? FWIW, I found the original GIF image using google with SAFE SEARCH ON - it was far more 'explicit' than the version I edited for Suze...

Professionals: I think any professional who was offended by ANY material on this site really would be at a professional disadvantage. There are numerous sites on the internet dedicated to ASD/AS, and I have visited many of them. I've got to say that the moderation on THIS site is far more 'rigorous' than most... Additionally, if there have been any complaints from professionals (and I was one myself before Ben came along) I've yet to see them

Finally, it is MY belief that a site designed primarily for the use of adults should cater for it's users, and that 'risque' (if it is even that!) humour is something most adults enjoy... I do not for one moment think that OFFENSIVE material should be shown on this forum, but i think the definition of offensive is a personal one... If I ever saw anything that I considered inappropriate for inclusion within (i.e.) a 'PG' or a '12' rated movie, I'd delete it immediately.

Again, apologies that you found Suze's new avvy offensive.

One final point: I too very much want this forum to be helpful and informative. I think it is. I also think it should be FUN, 'cos lets face it - that's what brings people back here day after day after day after day... Google search'll give you facts: It won't give you a 'community'...

L&P

BD :D

Lauren

I AM SORRY BUT I DO FIND IT OFFENSIVE WHEN SOMEONE MAKES A PERSONAL AND ACCUSATORY ATTACK

AT NO TIME DID I MAKE ANY UNKIND REMARK TO SUZE AT ALL, I WOULD NEVER DO THIS, I DO NOT KNOW SUZE AND I AM SURE HAVING READ MANY OF HER POSTS THERE WOULD BE NO REASON FOR ME TO EVER BE UNKIND TO HER, THAT WOULD BE A PERSONAL ATTACK WHICH SHE HAS DONE NOTHING TO WARRANT.

I MERELY GAVE MY OPINION ON THIS PARTICILAR AVITAR AS I BELIEVE I AM ENTITLED TO. MANY OTHERS IN HERE HAVE GIVEN AN OPPOSITE OPINION AND I FULLY RESPECT THOSE ALSO.

I HAVE MADE MY DISQUIET KNOWN TO PHAS AS A MOD AND HE FEELS THAT HE HAS TO KEEP OUT OF THIS ONE, FOR THE SANITY OF ALL, AND I WILL BE CONTACTING OTHER MODS ON MY OWN BEHALF. I LOVE BADDAD, KNOW HIM PERSONALLY, HAVE THE GREATEST RESPECT FOR HIM, HIS OPINIONS AND HIS SENSE OF HUMOUR I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE, AND AGAIN THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, THAT THIS KIND OF THING SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED BY A MOD. AGAIN THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON BD

I KNOW ONLY TO WELL HOW IMPORTANT IT IS TO KEEP A SENSE OF HUMOUR AND HAVE A POINT OF RELEASE, TO HAVE A LAUGH AND A JOKE IS WHAT MAKES US ABLE TO COPE ON A DAY TO DAY BASIS BUT OFFENSE, AS WITH SUPPORT, COMES IN MANY FORMS AND ALL OF THIS SHOULD BE RESPECTED. WHILST THIS PARTICULAR THREAD IS IN OFF TOPIC THE AVITAR, AS WE ALL KNOW, CHANGES THROUGH OUT ALL THE THREADS AND THAT IS WHERE I FEEL THE PROBLEM, FOR ME, ARISES.

LASTLY I WOULD POINT OUT THAT AT NO TIME DID I ASK SUZE TO CHANGE HER AVITAR THAT WAS HER OWN CHOICE

>:D<<'> :(

Suze - i didn't see it, but knowing you - even just online as i do - i doubt very much that you'd have anything offensive on your avvy......... >:D<<'>

Mrs P

Actually, the use of capital letters and red text is far more offensive than that avatar. Online it implies shouting and I don't take kindly to being shouted at.

I was stating my opinion and have as much right to do that as you do.

Lauren

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what Suze's avatar was - but it's gone now so I can't comment on that.

All I would say is that it does seem a little heated on this thread - and although we are all different I'm sure no one meant to offend anyone about anything.

After all we are all here for the same thing - some advice, some comfort, some kind words through bad times - helping each other.

Take care,

Jb

Please must I say that I take full responsibilty for the avatar, I,m sorry it was thought to be inappropriate and I understand and respect those offended by it.Lauren and Baddad are very dear friends and they both know how upset I was to have caused this problem.They are doing what mates do and just looking out for me, I plan to post a new avatar tomorrow that baddad sent me .........it,s a lovely doggie so I,m sure he,ll be o.k...........please please could the mods close this thread now as it,s upsetting me and I,m sure others are upset too.

TO ADDRESS SOME MISCONSTRUDE POINTD HERE

1. AT NO TIME DID I SAY ANYONE BUT MYSELF FOUND THIS INNAPROPRIATE

2. AS A PARENT I WOULD NEVER TELL OTHER PARENTS HOW TO BRING UP THEIR CHILDREN NOR DID I SUGGEST THIS WAS INNAPROPRIATE FOR THAM TO VIEW I MERELY POSED THE QUESTION WHETHER THIS WAS THE CORRECT ARENA

3. I NEVER SUGGESTED THAT PROFESSIONALS WOULD BE OFFENDED, MOST PROFESSIONALS I KNOW HAVE HIDES THICKER THAN A WHOLE HERD OF ELEPHANTS

4. A SITE FOR ADULTS SHOULD CATER FOR ITS USERS - AND YET WHEN ONE DARES TO SUGGEST THEY MIGHT FIND SOMETHING UNSUITABLE, -IN MY ORIGIAL POST I NEVER USED THE WORD OFFENSIVE, AND IN MY SECOND POST ONLY USED IT IN CONTEXT OF THE PERSONAL COMMENT AIMED BY LAUREN-, THEY ARE ATTACKED ON APERSONAL LEVEL OR DISMISSED WITH AN .....EACH TO THEIR OWN

5. I NEVER ACTUALLY GAVE MY COMMENTS ON WHETHER I PERSONALLY FOUND IT FUNNY OR NOT I MERELY QUESTIONED WHETHER THIS WAS THE CORRECT PLACE FOR IT.

6. QUITE RIGHT- THIS FORUM IS A COMMUNITY THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS FORUM SO SPECIAL, BUT ALL MEMBERS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT ALLOWED AN EQUAL VOICE WITHOUT PERSONAL ATTACK THAT EQUALS BULLYING

ON THAT POINT I WILL SIGN OFF I HAVE BEEN DIMISSED AND PERSONALLY ATTACKED OVER DARING TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION AND VOICING IT WOULD YOU ACCEPT THAT BEHAVIOUR TO ONE OF YOUR OWN? AFTER ALL A COMMUNITY COVERS ALL SORTS FROM VICTOR MELDREWS( OBVIOUSLY ME) TO THE LAUGH A MINUTE CLOWNS IF ALL ARE NOT TREATED WITH EQUAL RESPECT THEN THERE IS NO POINT IN STAYING

Suze, I'm soo sorry hun... I really wish I'd never started this thread >:D<<'>

Lauren xx

:)

1. AT NO TIME DID I SAY ANYONE BUT MYSELF FOUND THIS INNAPROPRIATE

2. AS A PARENT I WOULD NEVER TELL OTHER PARENTS HOW TO BRING UP THEIR CHILDREN NOR DID I SUGGEST THIS WAS INNAPROPRIATE FOR THAM TO VIEW I MERELY POSED THE QUESTION WHETHER THIS WAS THE CORRECT ARENA

3. I NEVER SUGGESTED THAT PROFESSIONALS WOULD BE OFFENDED, MOST PROFESSIONALS I KNOW HAVE HIDES THICKER THAN A WHOLE HERD OF ELEPHANTS

4. A SITE FOR ADULTS SHOULD CATER FOR ITS USERS - AND YET WHEN ONE DARES TO SUGGEST THEY MIGHT FIND SOMETHING UNSUITABLE, -IN MY ORIGIAL POST I NEVER USED THE WORD OFFENSIVE, AND IN MY SECOND POST ONLY USED IT IN CONTEXT OF THE PERSONAL COMMENT AIMED BY LAUREN-, THEY ARE ATTACKED ON APERSONAL LEVEL OR DISMISSED WITH AN .....EACH TO THEIR OWN

5. I NEVER ACTUALLY GAVE MY COMMENTS ON WHETHER I PERSONALLY FOUND IT FUNNY OR NOT I MERELY QUESTIONED WHETHER THIS WAS THE CORRECT PLACE FOR IT.

6. QUITE RIGHT- THIS FORUM IS A COMMUNITY THAT IS WHAT MAKES THIS FORUM SO SPECIAL, BUT ALL MEMBERS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT ALLOWED AN EQUAL VOICE WITHOUT PERSONAL ATTACK THAT EQUALS BULLYING

ON THAT POINT I WILL SIGN OFF I HAVE BEEN DIMISSED AND PERSONALLY ATTACKED OVER DARING TO HAVE A DIFFERENT OPINION AND VOICING IT WOULD YOU ACCEPT THAT BEHAVIOUR TO ONE OF YOUR OWN? AFTER ALL A COMMUNITY COVERS ALL SORTS FROM VICTOR MELDREWS( OBVIOUSLY ME) TO THE LAUGH A MINUTE CLOWNS IF ALL ARE NOT TREATED WITH EQUAL RESPECT THEN THERE IS NO POINT IN STAYING

Firstly, Suze, I would just like to say that I WILL delete this post if you really want to see it deleted... there has however been a series of discussions behind the scenes about closed/deleted threads, and we do feel that doing so does shut off the topic for other parties who may want to see it continued... This ones slightly different, because it isn't about 'general' forum business, but if it's OK I'd prefer to let it 'sink' naturally...

Mrs P: I am the WORLDS WORST for saying things badly and apologising for them afterwards, but with the best will in the world, you did not 'pose a question'. You stated I HAVE AN EXCELLENT SENSE OF HUMOUR AND CAN APPRECIATE AND TELL A DIRTY JOKE IN THE APPROPRIATE SETTING, BUT THIS IS NOT IT...

I fully appreciate that it may not have been what you meant, but THIS IS NOT IT is very much open to the interpretation that was taken...

Taking your fourth point, I'm not sure what other responses there are? Lauren expressed her alternative view, and i effectively begged to 'agree to differ' before expressing my own opposing views. Other than NOT expressing our opinions, I'm not sure what else we could have done, and you have already agreed that the former is not appropriate...

My final observation goes back to your earlier post, which states :

I DO HOWEVER BELIEVE, AND AGAIN THIS IS ONLY MY OPINION, THAT THIS KIND OF THING SHOULD NOT BE ENCOURAGED BY A MOD.

While fully accepting that this was not a personal comment, I did want to say that nothing I have said in this post has anything to do with 'modding' they are personal opinions. My personal opinion is that 'this kind of thing' implies there was something wrong with suze's avvy, and i don't think there was. if I had, i certainly wouldn't have encouraged it - either as a member OR as a mod - but i didn't .

In closing, I would offer my belief that differing opinions are the life blood of this forum (or any other forum for that matter) and i would certainly not want anyone to feel that voicing a contrary opinion to ANYTHING is in anyway negatively viewed. In doing so, things are sometimes said badly, harshly or inconsiderately, and having been on both the receiving AND delivering sides I know how much that can hurt. I hope you will continue to post and to express your opinions openly. Rest assured, when I agree with you you'll know it, and when I disagree you'll know that too!!

Meanwhile,

:wub: & :pray:

and again, apologies for any offense caused... I may not agree with what you say, but as the great man said (Barry Chuckle, I think! :lol::lol: ), I defend your right to say it :)

I didn't see the Avatar but personally find the bickering that is going on a bit offensive and I am sure uncalled for. We are after all, as it has been pointed out, adults so why are we all bickering over something that is no longer there?

Agreeing in the outrage, I am forced to join my krismites in unisoned outrage at these avatorial events.

It shocks me thoroughly that nudity should be suggested, especially by a mod!

God gave us clothing for a reason!

It shocks me greatly that a member of the fairer sex should be opressed in such away, their nudity should only be used in classical

statuettes appearing unsold in garden centers, not in comedy ways!

I am only glad that male nudity was not depicted.

Such an outrage would not stand.

I would love to see what all the fuss is about as I personally am a real prude when it comes to a lot of things I see online & on TV as I find it hard to explain the majority of it when the questions come lol

Nice Avatar Auriel lol

Edited by minerva

Auriel, you could have got a fit bloke for us girls. :lol: Those man breasts are not a good look. :lol:

Auriel, now I,m sure I,ve seen that chap somewhere before..........and why are,nt you at school??.........what ?...........your on your hols :o ............

Auriel :lol: you are class. It's very difficult to get the right tone, when writing something down, to convey humour in the right way. You got it spot on and gave me a chuckle with my lunch time sarnie.

At risk of dragging this on I have to defend myself.

Mrs P

There was no personal attack on you. None that I see.

The only things I have said to you were; your post was unkind, and you used capital letters which is bad internet etiquette. I never once denied you the right to an opinion.

I'm sorry that you were offended and felt attacked by me referring to your post as unkind, but I stand by what I said although there trully was no motivation to hurt or upset you. I believe your post was unkind for the following reasons

1) it was reffering to an avatar belonging to an individual which makes your comments personal to that individual

2) the owner of the avatar was very upset and I have always found it very difficult to stand by when someone too upset to defend their own position.

3) the light heartedness, of what is afterall an off topic thread, was killed stone dead

You have used capital letters on all your posts in this thread, so I was only stating a fact there.

If you saw my posts as bullying then I'm am trully sorry for that too. You have as much right as anyone on this forum to express any opinion you want; but others have the right to respond just as much as you do.

I am not a bully. On the contrary I have at times put myself right in the line of fire by defending others who are being bullied but not once have I ever been a bully.

Lauren

Just wanted forum members to be aware that an avatar of a semi-naked man (Auriels)...........is not..........I repeat not Baddad ..........although there is a slight resemblace in the paunch and buttock region, this man is obviously far to young to be Baddad.

lmao!!

Suze could you possibly send me the avatar so i can have a look at what all the fuss is about????

min...

Just so you know... it's not that exciting... Benny Hill is X rated in comparison.

Suze :lol::lol::lol: Young lady how do you know what baddads buttocks look like??? ??? :o:lol::lol:

Lovely doggie Suze... what's his name?? :ph34r:

Loz XX

>:D<<'> Just wanted to say a real big thankyou to all the forum members who pm,d me ............this whole avatar thing was just meant as a bit of fun.I fully appreciate that other users on the forum may not have felt it suitable.If anyone knows me from the batcave they,ll know my alter-ego has rather large oomalattas(as baddad would say)............this is why the avatar seemed funny to me and others.Those who know me personally will know only in my dreams do I have big b**bs :o .So the joy of having large cartoon ones on my avatar was just too too much :lol: .

Lauren I hope you don,t mind me saying this but....................... lauren feels very upset at starting the thread and the subsequent stuff thats happened.She,s a dear friend to me and coping with alot at the moment...........please don,t leave this forum its our social life and a place too laugh and let off steam............if you are upset about this I shall delete it , but I feel other forum members need to know that your thinking of leaving ..........please don,t love hugs Suzex............

Edited by Suze

min...

Just so you know... it's not that exciting... Benny Hill is X rated in comparison.

lol i'm sure thats the case, i just feel all left out......nobody loves me :tearful:

in all seriousness though......DONT LEAVE LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by minerva

I dont think anyone should feel the need to leave the forum, unless of course they want to.

Hey, come on, we all have different views and opinions on things, thats what makes the forum. ;)

Brook

Hiya treacle...

I have PM'd you on this, but just wanted to add

:shame::shame:

........................................ and a :robbie: ............................

:wub:>:D<<'>

Guest flutter

goodness me what a curfuffle

can we put it down to hot weather and end of term itis

pleeeeaaase

and all try and see form all sides

C x

Lauren,

Please don't leave the forum :( Its a funny old place, and comments can easily be misconstrued or misunderstood when you can't hear someone's tone or see their face. I've felt a few times that I don't know how to take a particular reply on the forum. FWIW I didn't find Suze's avatar offensive or inappropriate. But have to respect that Mrs P did. We all have differing opinions, which makes the forum an interesting place to be. I feel that it could of been dealt with privately, and I'm sure that Suze's would not of meant to cause this furore and has been embarrassed and upset by it. If Mrs P had privately sent her a PM and explained how she felt, I've not doubt Suze would of removed the avatar. I don't feel anyone has been bullied. I am a member of an MD forum. By its nature many members on the forum either have children with MD or are sufferers themselves. Some types of MD are fatal, so you would assume that the forum would be serious etc. Far from it . This ASD and AS forum is practically virginal by comparision. Yes, on the MD forum we debate serious issues and offer advice and support, and sometimes we deal with horrendous issues which come with a terminal disease, but we know how to have a laugh and a giggle. :D:D

baddad >:D<<'> Suze >:D<<'> and everyone

Of course I'm not going.... this place is harder to give up than yakult (I gave up smoking and replaced it with compulsive yakult drinking if you're wondering)

Lauren X