Sign in to follow this  
justamom

Mega Meltdown

OMG, its taken me 2.5hrs to try and get Keegan calm, I am drained just been for a 20min walk to try and take him away from the house to just get away IUKWIM.

It all started today when he wanted to go with his friends to the park, the park is 1road away so i agreed he wasn't gone long before me came home holding his head and burst into tears. A girl friend of his had been swinging, he walked infront of the swing and they collided and she fell ontop of him but both her feet hit his head (she had great big high healed school shoes on)and he was so upset. Firstly he was in pain and secondly so cross because his friends laughed at him, he just got on his bike and road home....

He still has a headache and a great big lump, on a thursday keegan has a tutor come round and during his meltdown D arrived to tutor him, he has experience with special needs children so luckily understood what was going on. Keegan refused to see him, he locked himself in the bath room ranted and raved at dh, myself and D. D tried to speak to him and he eventually came out the bathroom and D was sitting in the garden waiting for Keegan to calm down, keegan then started to throw things about in the garden - spade, umbrella, chairs etc which we ignored because nobody else was around to get hurt by any of this.. This continued for a while during his shouting and general meltdown mode.

He is only now settling down, i am not really sure of the triggers i think it could be 3 things in all:-

1. He was in pain and did not really know how to deal with it

2. Hates being laughted at - takes it personally (kids usually laugh when someone falls over but he just

see it as a personal attack)

3. He did not want to see D tonight

I am going to take him to the dr tomorrow if i can get an emergency app - his ears are making the funny noise again and he is not sleeping, we might have to get something to help him sleep...

ARRRRGGGG - what a week roll on friday!!

>:D<<'>

LOADS of love to you and loads to K.It is very hard when they have meltdowns and make us feel a little helpless heres hopeing tomorrow is a better day hun >:D<<'>

Lisa x

oh it,s awful when they lose it like that.........I think it,s just something they seem to work through them selves...........but it,s awful if it takes hours to settle Im off to the docs too tomorrow with sleep problems hope you go on alright >:D<<'> take care suzex

Hi Justamom,

Hope your son is feeling better now (and you)....

I can only go by my experience and that is with my daughter if she has been/or is 'upset' by something that she can't explain/or doesn't know how to deal with she needs plenty of time in her 'comfort zone' on her own before she is ready to try to converse with anyone.

If she has had a bad day (upset) in school (she goes mornings only) or if she hasn't gone into school but has had upsets at home then the thought of the tutor coming in the afternoon would really make her sad/mad/depressed/aggressive (any or all of those things).

Take care,

Jb