Sign in to follow this  
Suze

How st*pid am I.

I was a little wary of posting this , but my darling hubby has relished phoning all and sundry up to tell them about his daft wife..........I thought what the h*ll I might as well tell you lot too!............Suze was driving off to a meeting today ......we Livein a pretty rural spot so I was going down the back lanes taking a short cut.I,m driving along when I see an older type lady running on the opposite side of the road.She was about 65 ...largish build dressed casually and running............I drove past her and immeadiately thought gosh ..........does she need help??...........I slowed and drove a little more .......worrying she was running to get somewhere.......ie a neighbour...or something :blink: .........so I stopped and turned round ........which was,nt easy on these tiny lanes..............Suze drove up and caught the older lady up, who turned round but carried on running..........so I pulled alongside and she stopped and looked at me ............"are you o.k.?"........I asked.............."yes"!............came the reply............"oh "........I said ........."I just wondered if you needed a lift".........................."no !".........came the reply........."I,m out having a jog".....................well I smiled............drove off...........then thought a little...............hhhmm.........bit stupid that(me!).........

Suze :lol:>:D<<'> It's very very funny..... but it shows what a lovely caring person you are..... she could have been running for the reasons you thought and you bothered to take the time to find out... :thumbs: but :lol:

Lozza xxxx

Guest hallyscomet

Suze,

Now there is a true 'community spirit' the world needs a lot more people like you Suze >:D<<'> :wub: I bet she thought the same too.

Love

Hailey :thumbs:

you know what this reminds me of? the helpful scout who "helps" an old lady accross the road who in turn beats him with her brolly as she had already crossed the road!!!

Gawd bless ya peeps

xx

Suze,

Now there is a true 'community spirit' the world needs a lot more people like you Suze >:D<<'> :wub: I bet she thought the same too.

Love

Hailey :thumbs:

no Hailey............ :rolleyes: it,s a nice thought but basically she thought I was a nosey do -gooder............who was taking the p*ss out of her jogging ability cos I thought she looked knackered and needed a lift :lol: ..............well I tried and she definitely put me in my place.Just spent the rest of yesterday rolling my eyes and shaking my head every time I thought about it............doh!

suze... it's a bit like when bid came over for lunch and we thought the little old lady was dying... and 3 hours later she was back in her nursing home playing scrabble and sipping martinis!!!

Lauren

Suze >:D<<'> I think we are all scared of negative reactions now, :clap: to you for seeing if she needed help.

There was a story in our local paper the other day. A blind man was out with his guide dog trying to cross the road. He accidentally bumped in to someone who shouted at him 'watch where you're going you **** blind *******. He then heard his dog yelp, so this 'person' had obviously hurt his dog. The man was really distressed but not one person stopped to see if he was alright :angry::angry: Made me feel ashamed of my fellow humans :(

Well done Suze, for what its worth I think you did the right thing, and were in no way stupid :D Shame everyone didn't show the same compassion and care, world would be a better place eh :D

:lol: Aw hun - you're a sweetie!! >:D<<'>

Hubby was just letting everyone know what a loving and caring (and ever so slightly dippy..... :lol: ) wife he's got. :D

If you'd done something really stooooopid - he wouldn't have told a soul. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't worry I once helped an elderly lady onto a bus then realised she appeared a little confused the penny dropped after a few minutes that I had aided her in her escape from a residential home I had to phone the home and confess -what is more I was a nurse at the time-Karen :D :D

I can't help thinking about that poor woman. She probably got home and said to her husband.

"thats the last time I go jogging, someone thought I looked so distressed they offered me a bl**dy lift. If you don't like me the way I am then you can go jogging and don't stop" :lol: