Sign in to follow this  
baddad

monday night is COMPO NIGHT...

Hi all....

sorry i'm a bit late tonight - little thing called 'life' got in the way :lol::lol::lol:

Any road up (said Mr. Popper)... Time for our (MOSTLY) weekly CAPTION COMPETITION!!!

Yippeee!! Yaroo!!! Lawks a mercy Mrs Miggins!!! Cripps, Molesworthy!!! Pwah, Huhuh, My Bruvver! etc etc etc

So, usual rools apply - PM me, baddad, with your captions, and I will choose the one with the biggest 'pledge' attached I consdier to be funniest and the sender will be crowned 'joker of the week', (probably) on Wednesday night... Captions posted in the THREAD will be null and void, unless there are so few PM'd that i have no option :(

Ben chose this weeks picture, so if it's too hard, blame him:

L&P

yall

BD

linkyplinkylinkenthing

:D

Ahem... the judge has spoken.

Captions posted in the THREAD will be null and void, unless there are so few PM'd that i have no option :(

So? i don't want to win anything, just hopefully make someone else laugh. :P

This way those of us who have a different take from BD on what's funny get to read ones which would otherwise be lost to BD's pm. Please don't take ths as criticism, but the way the current system is designed, we only get to read the ones his lordship :notworthy: rates, and last competition i personally found several posted on the thread to be funnier than the five winners.

And when it comes to laughs, the more the merrier :thumbs:

'How much is that goldfish in the blender? The one with the waggly tail' :whistle:

Th-th-that's all, folks :)

so Baddad votes on the winner and not the community?

how odd.....i thought he would pick a selection then put it to the vote

This way those of us who have a different take from BD on what's funny get to read ones which would otherwise be lost to BD's pm. Please don't take ths as criticism, but the way the current system is designed, we only get to read the ones his lordship :notworthy: rates, and last competition i personally found several posted on the thread to be funnier than the five winners.

And when it comes to laughs, the more the merrier

'How much is that goldfish in the blender? The one with the waggly tail' Th-th-that's all, folks :)

:o:o:o

Rumblings in the ranks, eh??? Right - that's it: I'm gonna have a hissy fit............

Seriously, the reason I did it though PM's was so that when people saw the 'winner' it was fresh rather than something they'd read in the thread previously... The ones in the thread night have been the 'top five' if they hadn't been in the thread! (?)

As for voting - that's a hell of a lot of paperwork for a bit of fun...

So....... How about:

The WINNER this week, gets to be the JUDGE next week as their PRIZE for winning this week? That way, we get different opinions/takes on the entries, and it's still a nice surprise for Wednesday night, 'cos it's done via PM's... Other bonus is I don't have to do all the work :thumbs: and i get to 'play' too :thumbs::thumbs: Downside to the latter of course is that the results a foregone conclusion every other week :devil::devil::o:lol::lol:;) , but what the hey...

One final THING: I'm happy to provide caption piccies or the 'winner' can chose their own, but they WILL need to be 'approved' before posting, for obvious reasons.

One other thought - If the winner has to judge next week, does this become a sort of 'chainletter', and do we want to start that?

Post thoughts below (but not captions :lol: )

L&P

BD :D

When i said to vote i meant in a poll on here, not so that it would make paperwork for anyone :(

I dont have any thoughts on the above as i'm not going to win, dont have much imagination lol

:o:o:o

Rumblings in the ranks, eh??? Right - that's it: I'm gonna have a hissy fit............

Seriously, the reason I did it though PM's was so that when people saw the 'winner' it was fresh rather than something they'd read in the thread previously... The ones in the thread night have been the 'top five' if they hadn't been in the thread! (?)

As for voting - that's a hell of a lot of paperwork for a bit of fun...

So....... How about:

The WINNER this week, gets to be the JUDGE next week as their PRIZE for winning this week? That way, we get different opinions/takes on the entries, and it's still a nice surprise for Wednesday night, 'cos it's done via PM's... Other bonus is I don't have to do all the work :thumbs: and i get to 'play' too :thumbs::thumbs: Downside to the latter of course is that the results a foregone conclusion every other week :devil::devil::o:lol::lol:;) , but what the hey...

One final THING: I'm happy to provide caption piccies or the 'winner' can chose their own, but they WILL need to be 'approved' before posting, for obvious reasons.

One other thought - If the winner has to judge next week, does this become a sort of 'chainletter', and do we want to start that?

Post thoughts below (but not captions :lol: )

L&P

Its more exciting like a proper competition wondering what others might have put as their caption than just reading them on the thread and once the winner is choosen maybe we could see everyones caption who entered.

And when it comes to laughs, the more the merrier :thumbs:

:unsure::unsure:

:ph34r::ph34r:

I second that......... It's not the winning - it's the taking part..... :o:huh::P

:ph34r::ph34r:

:D:bat:

Edited by smileymab

so Baddad votes on the winner and not the community?

how odd.....i thought he would pick a selection then put it to the vote

Hi Minerva :)

I don't think there's anything 'odd' :unsure::unsure:

BD was just responding to the forum members who asked for more comps after his infamous 'Bonny Babies' and 'Tragic Teens' comps :thumbs:

He's only doing it for a bit of fun, and spending quite a bit of his time doing it for the forum...

Thanks for all the time and trouble, BD! >:D<<'>

Boho :dance:

I didnt mean odd in a bad way, just odd in a different way.

i've just never known anything like it so therefore it is odd to me :P

That doesnt mean to say by any means that i'm not grateful for the time & effort he puts in so think you took my post completely wrong.

I didnt see the previous competetions so dont know how they worked

baddad's comps are sooo much appreciated :thumbs:>:D<<'> The time and effort put in etc :D

:wub: and >:D<<'>

Lauren

I like 'em & appreciate the effort going into doing 'em.

Can I ask tho ............. what does L&P mean at the end of your posts?

Lick & Pops?

Lust & Panties?

Lion & Panther?

Lead & Pencil?

What does it mean? It's driving me crackers ............. quiet day at work, can you tell :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

I like 'Lust and Panties' best!! :clap::devil:

Why didn't you think of that one, BD?? ;)

Actually, it just stands for 'Love and Peace' (much more boring!! :P )

Boho :dance::lol:

Guest flutter

:lol::lol:

at u all

have to say that pic could be me in the kitchen right nows

lucky we not have a fishy...................................yets

C x

Sheesh sorry people didn't like the top 5 last week :( The reason I didn't post mine on the forum was cos I wasn't sure if it would make people laugh and obviously for many 'it didn't work' Perhaps the people that post them for all to see are very sure of their ability to make people laugh, I'm not :o

Hey nemo - she called you 'people' :thumbs::thumbs::lol::lol::lol:

No worries, LKS - Nemo is King Of The Techno-Squirrels, and their taste is a bit 'nutty' ;)

Nobody yet has responded to the idea about handing on the judges crown to the previous weeks winner... what do you reckon?

Meanwhile: here's an 'extra' competition that involves no judging whatsoever... a nice, straightforward,

spot the difference'....

There Are EIGHT subtle differences between the top and bottom pictures (honest injun, there are eight, believe it or not!) Can you spot them all???

anotherlinkeyplinkylinkenstinkenthing

Lust and panties

Other bonus is I don't have to do all the work :thumbs: and i get to 'play' too :thumbs::thumbs: Downside to the latter of course is that the results a foregone conclusion every other week :devil::devil::o:lol::lol:;) , but what the hey...

:( Oh Blimey - Didn't mean to upset anyone - Honest Injuns' :D

:D Cross me heart n hope to kark it.... :pray::D

Said it for the above reason - thought Bads would like to take a break and play along (even if we know he'll win it :rolleyes::D ).

>:D<<'> :wacko:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

hmmmm is baddad grasping at another opportunity to show us all what a cuty pie he was when he were a lad??? :lol::wub:B)

baddad... fwiw I think it's a grand idea to let the winner judge the next comp :D

Lozza xx

Ah, Lozza -

You obviously don't watch FUTURAMA then? The joke was that Zapp Brannigan is a complete a**e and a total BIGHEAD!!! Geddit?? ;)

What do you mean 'what a cuty pie he WAS????????' :shame::shame::shame: Still life in this old dog! WUFF!! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

'Zapp' ;)

Aaaaah. I'm not keeping up am I? Luke and William go on about Futurama but it tends to go in one ear and out the other when they do (metaphorically of course.. I don't actually have a hole going through my head :lol: )

Lauren :D

ps... I don't know the technical term for it but that was was only referring to what was, not implying that was still not is B)

Lauren (member of the bd fan club :ph34r::lol: )

Edited by Lauren

Apologies for starting this kerfuffle, especially to LKS, no criticism was meant. I was just wanting more humour, not to criticise all bd's hard work or anyone's sense of humour. :notworthy:

enjoy

little "always wrong" nemo

p.s. would have apologised earlier, but i don't seem to be able to log in any more :(

If we're going to do a poll, can we not reveal the author until a winner is announced?

This thread reminds of family trips to the seaside when we were young: squabbling with siblings in the car all the way there and being told that you were having fun. :lol::fight::lol:

(no offence to anyone)

If we're going to do a poll, can we not reveal the author until a winner is announced?

This thread reminds of family trips to the seaside when we were young: squabbling with siblings in the car all the way there and being told that you were having fun. :lol::fight::lol:

(no offence to anyone)

:lol::lol:

Jaded - Does that mean we get a sweet if we're in a traffic jam?

1 = If you spot a red car...

2 = If you spot an abulance (three if the lights are on..)

3 = At a roundabout...

4 = For a Red Letter Box...........

10 = If you've been sat on the motorway for 2 hours...... :fight::crying::fight:

;):rolleyes:

Baddad the suggestion of would the previous weeks winner like to be the judge :blink: I think I'd rather discuss the role of inclusion and education with Paris Hilton than have to decide who is funny and who is not ;) Sorry if I had a hissy fit over this but have had a s**t week. Now I promise to be good, pass the boiled sweets.

ORLRIGHT, ORLRIGHT. SIMMER DAHN THEN YOU'SE LOT, ISS ONLY A BIT O' FUN, ENNITT :P

SO HERE IT IS, THE BADDAD SELECTED COMPO RESULTS :devil::devil:

at 5 (for posting in the thread!)

Minerva...When they said it was the naked chef i didnt realise he actually would be

NB: Nemo, mgm ? Minerva took the belt and braces approach and PM'd me too

I really liked Kirsty's home genetics, but rules is rules and i'm a miserable old get! :clap::devil:

At joint 3rd (you decide; better punchline in one/clever word play in the other ? heads or tails?)

Mother eve...Blend the gin with the mandarin oranges ... oops! Add more schnapps and no one will notice!"

&

CMJ ...One Goldfrappacino coming up

2nd is Tabz 2711...Hubby said he wanted battered fish for tea

and first ? purely because all you wimmin will complain if it isn't... :o:o

Brook...This is obviously a bloke in drag, giving a great example of his inability

to multi task

-----------------------------------

Finally, 2 Baddad offerings (not entered) below:

'Look, mum,' said Delia's youngest in desperation ' I know the advantages of Omega 3 but don't you think goldfish smoothies is taking it a bit far?'

No, no no... I said SOUL FOOD not SOLE food....

That's all folks!!!

Now, Brook, are you happy to come back next week and act as judge? PM me either way, and we'll sort the details...

L&P y'all, and STOP SQUABBLING!!!

PS: BD often uses capitals cos they're quicker than italics... HE IS NOT SHOUTING!!!!! :lol:

Brook...This is obviously a bloke in drag, giving a great example of his inability

to multi task

LMFAO!!!!! :lol::notworthy:

at 5 (for posting in the thread!)

whats number 4 then? :huh:

joint third doesnt mean no four!!

it means they were both third lol

Errrm, I think I'm with BD on this one - if there are 5 "winning places" and two tie at one place, I think that negates one of the places :wacko::unsure: ?

Blimey it's hard to explain what I mean, esp as I'm not 100% sure I'm right, BD don't have tied places next time!!!!

Edited by Jill

yes i agree with that, but if there are 5 winning places and 2 are at joint third, then the last place is fourth isnt it??

it's still last place so its not like it even matters

Hi all - thought I'd put this up last night but must be having a brain wobble! :wacko:

Sadly, Brook is busy next week and can't post a piccie or judge for us ( >:D<<'> >:D<<'> ), but as is customary in these situations our gallant runner up has stepped into fulfil the judgey juteys (yes, I know it's 'duties' - I'm alliterate, not illiterate!).....

So watch out Monday night for TABZ's CAPTION COMPETITION!!! :D:notworthy::clap::clap:

Be here or be squeer.... that didn't really work did it? :lol::lol:

L&P