Tylers-mum

Wow, now that was QUICK!!!

My special needs health visitor helped me fill in forms for the Family Fund last Tuesday during her visit. Today (8 days later) I get a cheque for a holiday allowance and will be getting an Argos card with 21days for a trampoline for T.

:dance::dance::dance:

I wasn't expecting to hear from them until at least Christmas time! LOL

Did put in for clothes for T and a tumble dryer too but they weren't able to help with them.

I'm off to write a letter to thank them :thumbs: and with that time scale, it has to be a record right!! :clap:

There is an income limit it is all on the website www.familyfund.org.uk

The Fund will consider any request on its merits and within the following grant-making criteria:

The Family Fund is open to families with children and young people aged 15 and under who have a severe disability or serious illness

The family must be resident in the UK

Families whose income is entirely from benefits are eligible for consideration

The Fund can consider applications from families whose gross earned income is less than ?23,000 (?25,000 for families in Wales) excluding overtime and bonuses

Where savings are less than ?18,000

The Family Fund cannot help on behalf of children and young people in local authority care, including those living with relatives or foster carers

These criteria are set out and regularly reviewed by the Board of Trustees. The grants awarded must relate to the disabled child's needs. The Fund works with an annual fixed budget so all grant awards are discretionary and subject to funds being available. Please note that the Fund cannot help where there is a responsibility on a statutory agency to help with the requested item.

Edited by lil_me

Hi Tylers Mum

I was just wondering is there set things you have to apply for? Does someone have to help with the forms it sound very helpful