PinkSapphireAngel

Luke's joke of a school report

Its his last Year 6 report but is just as full of nonsense as every other one.

For a start the SATs results are not even in it!

Then theres the bit where his teacher has waffled on about how much "progress" Luke has apparently made this year (Exact opposite of what the statutory assessment reports are saying (they say not only has he made little or no progress over the last 4 YEARS, but also that this year in particular he has made none!

So in the parental comment bit I have questioned it and will be sending it in to Luke's teacher on Wednesday (he's not in school tomorrow)

My younger ds Daniel is Dyslexic but the school report would rather blame ME saying he should read everyday (just because he does not always bring home his reading book to read everyday does NOT mean I do not get him to read our own books!! :wacko:

It also comments that he has rarely done his homework when the FACT is that his dopey teacher and all the many supply teachers he has had this year have OFTEN forgotten to even set the homework :fight:

So I have made a few comments on the parental comment part for that too.

I'm glad that as parents we are learning to challenge things in writing that the school have obviously got wrong. Sorry though that you are in this position. Whatever makes them think that they can get away with it when they must know there are professional reports showing his lack of progress.

Fingers crossed you get the draft statement tomorrow by the way.

Thank you xx

My response to Luke's report is...

Firstly we thought full SATs results would be with the report?

We realise school reports are meant to be 'Positive', however parts of this report appear to conflict with many of the reports for Luke's statutory assessment which state Luke's lack of much progress over the last 4 YEARS and that in particular this year!

Also for many years we have said that school reportd should take into account a child's SEN and it is still not happening (the school's logic for this is that they have IEPs to do this)

PSA, similar happened with our dd's report. Sent it back with "comments" on...a A4 page full :D It was a really positive report , but completely played down her difficulties, and TBH felt like I was reading another child's report. They also made reference to our dd's absences, although most are due to illness and hospital appts. DD's teacher rang to discuss report after we'd returned comments, and apologised to us and agreed with the points we'd raised and assured us it wouldn't happen again....hmmm... :whistle:

DD7 report, was has to do this, that and the other. The teacher assessment varies from the school. OH GEE no big surprise there!! Have fun telling the school off

Its his last Year 6 report but is just as full of nonsense as every other one.

For a start the SATs results are not even in it!

Then theres the bit where his teacher has waffled on about how much "progress" Luke has apparently made this year (Exact opposite of what the statutory assessment reports are saying (they say not only has he made little or no progress over the last 4 YEARS, but also that this year in particular he has made none!

So in the parental comment bit I have questioned it and will be sending it in to Luke's teacher on Wednesday (he's not in school tomorrow)

My younger ds Daniel is Dyslexic but the school report would rather blame ME saying he should read everyday (just because he does not always bring home his reading book to read everyday does NOT mean I do not get him to read our own books!! :wacko:

It also comments that he has rarely done his homework when the FACT is that his dopey teacher and all the many supply teachers he has had this year have OFTEN forgotten to even set the homework :fight:

So I have made a few comments on the parental comment part for that too.

It all just seems like pointless waffle sometimes, doesn't it. It's like they have to try and say something positive to make them feel like they haven't failed. I'd rather they were just honest. I'll never forget sitting in a review meeting and the useless teacher smiling idiotically and saying that he'd made good progress in maths. I looked her straight in the eye and asked her 'what progress has he made'. She looked embarrassed and admitted that actually no, he hadn't made any at all that year!! Why try and fob us off with niceties, it's not as if we don't know the truth, it's not as if we actually believe them!! :wallbash: Grrrrrrrrrrr!

~ Mel ~