Zemanski

holiday from hell

OMG poor Com and all of you! What a horrific experience for you all. Hope he makes a good recovery.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you all,

Anna x

Oh my goodness how awful for you all. Poor Com and poor poor you - you must have been terrified. I hope you made it home quickly and safely.

Hugs

Lynne

We're all back safe and sound, although the trip home was pretty awful - both flightd delayed (the second one because it was so hot in Southampton the runway melted and the plane couldn't take off - just our luck :P )

Com is doing really well but will need a lot of TLC and some intensive physiotherapy but no nerves were damaged so it looked a lot worse than it was.

The family all pulled together and I had the sense to go out on the street and call to some french passers by (on their way out for a meal to celebrate bastille day, poor things didn't quite get the evening they expected either) who were stunning, they called the ambulance and stayed for an hour holding Com's arm together - they saved his life and didn't even leave their names :notworthy:

restores your faith in humanity >:D<<'>

Thanks for all your kind wishes, sorry we couldn't reply sooner but it was good to be able to let it all out to such good friends >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Z&N

Thanks to evryone for all your good wishes, it's very comforting to know how caring folks are, especially after the owner of the place we were staying in was trying to make out it was trivial and that Com was drunk! :angry: Thanks for the practicals, Emum. Don't worry, it will all be coming out of her insurance whether she likes it or not, including the cost of a holiday to get over this one :devil:

On the way back from the airport the taxi driver asked if we had a good holiday so we told him some of what had happened. He was horrified and said something about us being jinxed - and was immediately caught on a speed camera!

You've got to laugh...

Stay well everyone (and stay well away from us :lol: )

nemo

Very pleased you're back safely from your 'Extreme holiday experience'

Hope com makes a speedy recovery.

Just a word about scarring... there is a product available to put on scars which reduces their size and appearance, and in some cases can make them almost disappear. It might be worth asking the doctor about this as it's expensive to buy but should be available on prescription.

>:D<<'> hugs to you all

Lauren

Guest hallyscomet

Zemanski & Nemo,

How kind of those people, and so good to hear Com is going to be fine and in good spirits.

Here sounds like you need one or two of these

:wine::D

All the best

H. >:D<<'>

so glad com is back home sleeping in his own bed >:D<<'> ...............don,t you love that feeling when you,ve been away and you get back home and crawl back into your own smelly bed :dance:.........well I do :D Guys what you,ve been through must have been awful hope you get some good luck coming your way soon >:D<<'>

Good to know you are all safely back in your own home. Such a shame you can't thank those French people they must have been a great help in a foriegn country. :clap:

Just remembered when we went to France last year. Both my son and one of my daughters fell down the very narrow stairs. I don't think the safty standards are as strict as ours, in France or most other countries for that matter.

Just an observation.

Com is healing nicely - the nurse was impressed with the stitching, apparently the french are very good at it.

He screamed blue murder when she took the dressings off (in anticipation , she didn't hurt him) and she couldn't believe he's refused all painkillers since he came out of hospital - he won't take pills and he doesn't like the taste of the liquid :P I suppose there are some advantages to his different sense of pain, I'm sure I'd be begging for twice the prescription :blink:

I've heard of that product, Lauren, we were going to buy some, I didn't know you could get it on prescription though, I'll ask the GP

just got to get on with the paperwork now - what fun!

Zemanski

B L O O D Y HELL !!!!

It must have been agony for Com. I can't stand looking at blood and I nearly passed out reading this. Believe me glass cuts are nasty and very painful. I hope Com recovers soon and isn't left scarred.

Some time ago I read about flats on a council estate that had a full length glass panel separating the living room from the hallway. Some parents wanted the panel removed because they thought it was very hazardous but the council told them it was a standard fitting and wouldn't be removed. The parents then removed the panel themselves and were later evicted by the council for damaging council property. Shortly afterwards a kid in another flat ended up crashing through a glass panel and was so badly cut they lost so much blood they died. Only then did the council remove the glass panels on the entire estate.