Zemanski

holiday from hell

We got to France the day before yesterday, gorgeous town, beautiful weather, fantastic food, party with whole family for grannys 80th :thumbs:

The party ended at midnight with Com walking through a plate glass door. Blood everywhere, arm opened up along half its length, head pouring with blood, glass stuck in groin and other arm and various smaller cuts and a cartoon-style hole in the glass the shape of Com.

There is no experience in the world like sitting on the floor holding the head of your child as the pool of blood around you grows and you wait 3/4 of an hour for the ambulance. Then another 20 minutes for the doctor.

2 hours in surgery and a day in hospital. Just got back from the hospital. Com will be scarred for life, can't sit down or hold much, but no real permanent damage other than a newfound fear of all things glass. But he and Dot have been stars. It's amazing what a real disaster brings out!

No travel insurance, and here we are in a french cybercafe trying to change our flights back to tomorrow.

Time's running out, and french keyboards are a nightmare, so we'll be back with an update in a couple of days.

Otherwise we're OK and desperately in need of sleep.

Stay well all. >:D<<'>

Z,N,D &C :fight::tearful:

Hi Zemanski and Nemo,

:o

I can't begin to imagine what that experience was like for you all - especially Com. :( . Relieved to hear Com is out of hospital now. I hope you manage to sort out your flights. :pray:

Stay strong, thinking of you all >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

K x

Zemanski - I can't imagine what you've all been through - it certainly brings home how easy something can happen and how fragile life is. I know he's going to have scars but a little angel must have been looking down on him - I only read last week about the tragedy of the little girl with the shard of glass that hit her neck from a pyrex dish smashing on the floor.

Hope you manage to sort your flights out - no doubt there'll be no place like home after this..........

Take care,

Jb

What a terrible way to start and end the holiday. Glad Com is Ok ish though as it sounds like it could have been even more serious than it was.

On a practical note, you mentioned no travel insurance, and the holiday has clearly been ruined for you and extra costs incurred. Depending on where the accident happened though you could claim against the owner of the property who will no doubt be insured. (you may not want to do this if you were at a family member's home of course, unless they are very understanding...) I'm pretty sure that it is a Europe-wide requirement that glass in patio doors is either reinforced or has prominent warning stickers on it, and it sounds like this wasn't the case with these doors. I would certainly consider this, because if nothing else it could pay for another holiday to make up for the spoiled one when everyone is feeling a bit better. If you booked through a holiday company based in England it would make life a lot simpler.

Sorry to wade in with the practical stuff, when what you really need at the moment is sympathy and good wishes, which I send as well.

Hope you get home soon

Z, N, D and C, what an absolute nightmare :o>:D<<'>

Hope you can get your flights sorted, get home safe and sound, and that Com is ok.

Lauren x

So so sorry that this dreadful thing has happened. Poor com he must have been so frightened. I bet you were too. Hope he feels better soon.

Safe journey and best wishes to you all. >:D<<'>

Zemanski,

How awful, poor Com, and you must have been terrified! I'm sorry that your holiday ended like this. Hope that Com is OK and you get back home soon .

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Curra

Zemanski,

So sorry that your holiday was ruined. Safe journey home and I wish Com a speedy recovery.

Yoyo

Guest hallyscomet

:o:o:(

Sending you all lots of these >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thinking of you

H.

Edited by hallyscomet

oh zem I can,t imagine how dreadful this must have been, my heart was thumping reading your post, I hope you and nemo and the kids get home safely and very soon >:D<<'> .........big big prayers coming your way.

Not wanting to sound like the portent of doom or anything but you'd best brace yourself for that medical bill as it's going to be pretty hefty. My brother had to have emergency treatement (needed stitches in his hand - doesn't compare to your problems but anyway) during a family holiday to France and my dad ended up with a collosal bill. Thankfully he'd ignored everyone's advice and actually filled out some boring form before we went and it just got forwarded onto the NHS. It's a few years ago now (like 17ish) but it was enough to ake my parents gulp in surprise (that said, having to pick up the bill at the end of a meal makes/made them gulp in surprise)

I know it's cold comfort but there's a lot of people back in Blighty wishing you well

oh my god,poor com,poor you i imagine it was horrific,hope you get your flights changed,no words really,take care love hev