Sign in to follow this  
Viper

Can you ring CAHMS?

Bens Pead should have refered him a year ago after Guys recomended she did, but still no referal. Can I ring them myself and ask to see them? I really need to see someone ASAP.

Viper,

I'm pretty sure your GP can refer you, but dont hold your breath for an appointment,

sorry to put damper on it. :(

Brook

You can ring CAHMS yourself and ask if your son can be assessed as you are concerned for his safety and your families, explain that you would like an urgent assessment and that you are very concerned.

I would still advise you to visit your GP and the NHSDIRECT Line could give you spersific numbers of cahms if you need them, but yes parents can ask for assessments espcially if the need is urgent.

JsMum

CAMHS here won't see you without an appropriate referral. First contact whoever should have referred you a year ago and find out if they did and if they did not ask them to expedite it. If they did refer contact CAMHS to find out why you are waiting so long. You *shouldn't* have to wait for an ppointment for longer thatn 17 weeks so sounds like somethings gone astray somewhere along the lines

Lx

CAMHS here won't see you without an appropriate referral. First contact whoever should have referred you a year ago and find out if they did and if they did not ask them to expedite it. If they did refer contact CAMHS to find out why you are waiting so long. You *shouldn't* have to wait for an ppointment for longer thatn 17 weeks so sounds like somethings gone astray somewhere along the lines

Lx

The whole story Liz, is that Bens Pead should have refered him around June 2005 at the request of the Guy's hospital team that assessed Ben. I recently went to see his Pead and she was very abrupt and told me I should get on to Guys to find out if they are going to finnish Bens DX process. I rung Guys and the upshot is that it is her (the pead) that should be doing something but hasn't. Guys have written to her to get her ar*e in gear.

So here we are a year on still with no support or DX.

She's the nasty one that had a right go at you the last visit.

Wish i had some words of encourgagement for you Viper, maybe do what j's Mum said and ring them and tell them you are concerned for his safety and that of you families...

You have been thru alot lately....

The whole story Liz, is that Bens Pead should have refered him around June 2005 at the request of the Guy's hospital team that assessed Ben. I recently went to see his Pead and she was very abrupt and told me I should get on to Guys to find out if they are going to finnish Bens DX process. I rung Guys and the upshot is that it is her (the pead) that should be doing something but hasn't. Guys have written to her to get her ar*e in gear.

So here we are a year on still with no support or DX.

>:D<<'> Sounds like you are going round in circles. How frustrating. I think I would be on the phone every few days chasing up both parties to make sure the relevant letters are sent poste haste. Your GP may be able to make a separate referral too though CAMHS wouldn't have immediate access to info from paeds (though they can request it) which might slow things up possibly???

Lx

REECE WAS REFERED ABOUT A YR AGO BUT THEY HAD NO STAFF SO KEPT GETTING FOBBED OFF THEN WE HAD 2 SEE P CAMHS WHO R A FILTERING SERVICE WHICH THEY HAV JUST SET UP 2 MAKE SURE THEY REALLY NEED TO BE SEEN AT CAMHS HE IS SUPPOSED TO BE GOING ON THE LIST IN AUGUST!!!! GOOD LUCK HOPE YOU GET THERE EASIER THAN US