Sign in to follow this  
pingu

anyone voting for pete

Hi All

Just wondering if you are still supporting PETE in big brother. he is been beaten by aislene at the moment (according to the papers) If you do want the only genuine person to win support pete.

Shaz

x

I am supporting Aisleyne :D . Pete lost any respect I had for him when he threw a strop over somebody else's speech and then couldn't tell Nikki that he wasn't that bothered about it but had to go to the diary room to whisper it.

The point is, if you make funny jokes and laugh at somebody when they're doing a speech (and public speaking is awful, loads of confident people clam up with it), don't then say how terrible it is when they get nervous and go to pieces with it. And I'm sorry, but if he's thinking people will judge him over a 3 minute speech that somebody else made and ignore the past 13 weeks he's being ridiculous.

Ironically this speech COULD decide whether he wins or not, or rather the aftermath of it. Had he gone to Aisleyne, said "don't worry about it, you did come across as being a bit nervous but it's only a task" and ignored any nasty comments about it from other contestants I am sure the win would have been sealed for him. As it is he's lost a fair bit of support over his attitude to it.

totally agree with you on this bullet!! He should understand about Aisleyne being shy and speaking in public, she did her best and he should have been honest with her!!! I love Aisleyne!!!

I was going to vote for Pete (despite having given up on watching every night - it's just been too long and boring this year) but now that he's glued himself to the poisoned glitter dwarf I decided not to bother at all. Mrs TheNeil feels the same way too

I am supporting Aisleyne :D

Me to Bullet and for the same reasons as you. Have already voted for her actually and so has my Mum. My thoughts were that poor Aisleyne went first and so she has no idea what format the other speeches would take. It was not even that bad and what it did for me was to let me see how BIG some of their Egos are now.

Aisleyne to win :thumbs: sorry :oops:

Oracle

im staying faithful. im still with pete, i think pete was upset with aisleyne because he thought she understood what he hoped to achieve about going into the house i.e the tourettes awareness etc. Yet she failed to mention anything barring a moth and insects in general. Pete too has trouble speaking in public, and lets face it (sorry if this offends all ash supporters) Ashleyne is not shy, she has stood up before and spoken in front of the group, in addition she has spoken her mind "to" the group, and lets not forget she is an actress. (the film which she is in is released sometime soon).

No offence meant by this post, but in case any is taken i apologise in advance. Its only a game after all and these are just my opinions.

Take care all

shaz

Edited by pingu

Aisleyne was in a no win situation if she said too much Nikki would have had her and because she did not say enough the rest of them have had her :( I have felt more and more during the last few weeks that Aisleyne has been fair game for all and on occassion bullied.

Oracle

Yeah! They are ganging up on her i think!

What was that all about last night with Jenni saying that if her boyfriend is not at the eviction it will be Ash's fault. No way hunni its all your fault you fell for Pete now Pete has Nicky and she is gonna be in trouble with her boyfriend..

Aisleyne DID talk about Pete's wish to bring awareness of Tourettes. I have a look at a Big Brother fansite and they were talking about the task during the live feed. This is what one of the forum posters had to say about it:

16-08-2006, 23:07 #1

observer

Forum Member

Services: NTL

Posts: 826 This is what I heard Aisleyne saying in her speech...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is what I heard (when there were no SC) Aisleyne saying in her speech and during the question/answers session: *She talked about his tourette awarness*, about his love of animals, about his artistic side and creativity, about his entertainemnt, about his honesty, and many other sweet things...she was giggling nervously in between, and Pete pulling funny faces at her while she was talking didn't help her keep her composture.

Asterixs are mine.

It's not her fault they edited bits out for the highlight show.

Then later she went to him and said:

"I just want you to feel better. I want you to realise that [the speech] is not a representation of me thinking 'I don't really think much of him, I don't think he should win' or anything like that. I am so c*** at putting things like that into words, especially in front of people."

"Who cares about my opinion anyway? It's about the last 13 weeks and how amazing you've been, how funny you've been, how entertaining you've been, everything you've achieved... finding your old self again, finding Nikki, sorting your mum out... all those amazing things are what matter. Not a three minute speech."

:huh: I don't watch it, well 2 minutes here and there if it's been on before or after something else. But I do wish I had put the bet on Pete winning which I thought he would from the start when I seen who was going into the house. Sat in a BB fans house on the night it started and said 'He'll win this' as soon as I seen Pete. Edited by lil_me

Sat in a BB fans house on the night it started and said 'He'll win this' as soon as I seen Pete.

And win he did !!! :whistle:

I have backed Pete since day one and am THRILLED the RIGHT person won!

Aisleen was pathetic in her speech about him and she knew it!

She was not shy, think back to other public speaking she did in the house (like when she attacked Lea in front of everyone etc.

I wanted to like her and at times almost did but she was patronising, two faced and so up herself at times it was impossible.

As for Pete pulling faces at her during the speech and putting her off, he cannot help doing that, he was only worried about losing because of his friend, he thinks in a very simlar way to my 11 year old son with ASD and I felt I could really relate to how Pete was feeling and reacting to things in the house.

I just hope he copes ok with the fame etc .