kazemporium

HI i'm a newbie

Just wanted to say hi, i'm Karen and a mum of 2 boys age 17 and 6 from Kent. 6yr old was diagnosed with aspergers about a mnth ago, look forward to speaking to you and hopefully getting some advice.

Hi welcome to the forum.They are a great crew here so I hope you feel at home.I am another Karen.I have Ben age 8 [DCD with social communication difficulties-a bit Aspie but the powers that be cannot decide he has enough for Dx :D ]Regards Karen.

Thanks everyone you seem like a friendly group.

Have a question maybe you can answer. My son complains of aching legs when he is walking which up until now i have dismissed thinking he is lazy and doesn't want to walk. Mentioned it to paed's sidekick on intial assesment but she said he was ok. Didn't mention it to paed when we had final assesment. Is there a link between asp and leg problems.

I often spend nights heating up heat pads in the microwave for our 10 year old because of the pains in his legs, especially his knees. He also complains of general aches and pains after any kind of exercise. I have a friend who has two sons with ASD and both complain about the same thing. Her eldest has just been seen by an OT and has been given a programme of work to help build up his muscle tone and posture. People with ASD often have problems doing simple things like walking. I know that my eldest does and he has what is often called an Aspergers gait. I think that many children have these problems and they should all be assessed by an OT and Physiotherapist but unless you make a noise and request appointments they do not happen. Our Pead just dismissed the pains in the leg but they have gotten much worse and so I went to see our GP who is sending us to see a Rheumatologist which I do not think is the answer I asked to see an OT. However hopefully whoever we see will be able to help and maybe make a referral for OT.

Cat

Hi Kaz and welcome to the forum.

I have a son aged 11 with Aspergers dx in Jan 07.

When my son was 8 he started complaining of sore feet, we thought at first he was being lazy but it seemed to get worse GP dx "Police Man's Heel" and has inserts for his shoes, trainers etc. He does not complain about anymore and it semed to go as quick as it came. Maybe its somesort of growing pain.

I am sure you'll find the forum very useful and will get lots of ideas and advice, everyone is so lovely.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

helo kaz >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> wlcome to the forum,my son is 13 with aspergers,im also from kent,boring old gravesend!!look foward to getting yo know you better

helo kaz >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> wlcome to the forum,my son is 13 with aspergers,im also from kent,boring old gravesend!!look foward to getting yo know you better

I often work in Gravesend, i'm a childrens entertainer and do parties all over Kent. I am from Folkestone

Hi Kaz,

im quite new too but just to let you know how really helpful everyone is and give you some great advice.

take care

louxx >:D<<'>

Hiya. I have a 13 year old (mainstream) son with Aspergers.

He has quite loose joints and an odd shaped pelvis. His most comfortable position is standing with his feet pointing in but parallel to each other so that the inside of his right foot is alongside the outside of his left foot.

He doesn't have any problems with walking although he is pigeon toed. He recently walked up Snowdon and back with no problems.

Hope you get plenty of support here, they seem quite friendly.

mummy xx

Hello and warm welcome and hope you have found a family feeling forum as its a great place and hope to hear from you soon, My other post about getting a gps appointments is impossible is a similair question you have asked and some of those replies are very informative so do give that post a read.

I have a ten year old with multi issues and we are striving throw the up-hill system.

JsMum

Hi Kaz -

Welcome aboard! >:D<<'>

Quickie on the aching legs - Poor muscle tone is quite common; If your son's a right fidget too and has problems standing still, rolls about on the floor in circle time, no strength for the monkey bars etc it's worth investigating further.

A children's entertainer from Kent, eh? We need all of those we can get! :lol::lol: Only thing we've had to laugh at up til now is hev! :o:o;):devil::clap:

L&P

BD :D

Hi Kaz -

A children's entertainer from Kent, eh? We need all of those we can get! :lol::lol: Only thing we've had to laugh at up til now is hev! :o:o;):devil::clap:

oi bighead :shame::shame::shame: ive been nice to you this week,oh well i take it the truce is over,oh good,it just dont feel right not insulting you :devil::devil::devil:

Hi Kaz -

Welcome aboard! >:D<<'>

Quickie on the aching legs - Poor muscle tone is quite common; If your son's a right fidget too and has problems standing still, rolls about on the floor in circle time, no strength for the monkey bars etc it's worth investigating further.

L&P

Thats him to a T, wont sit still, fidget fidget fidget and won't stop talking.

As for the needing all the kids entertainers you can get on here . I'm good at entertaining children but adults is another matter lol

Anyway bit of aplug for the business whilst im no the subject ( got to give me 10 out of 10 for taking advatage)

[*** deleted in line with forum guidelines***] we do parties for 3-17yr olds in Kent and Sussex

Please take a look :dance:

Thanks everyone for your replys i look forward to getting to know you all

OUCH!! Sorry, Kaz, had to take out the web addy as forum rules prohibit links to commercial services :(

Have left the info though, so anyone who wants to can PM you directly for the details :D Sounds a small party, though - just three seventeen year olds! :lol::lol::lol:

Mod/admin team

Edited by baddad