darkshine

What's everyone's favourite films?

Since talking to Matzoball I reckoned we should have a film post too - especially since some films are brilliant cuz of they're soundtracks :dance: some films are like old favourites, some are brilliant, some weird, some are even like marmite :P

I have to start with tragic today cuz I'm in that kinda mood - can anyone beat this for a totally dire film? :lol: Good Luck :thumbs:

Ring of bright water - it's about an otter :blink:

Kind Hearts and Coronets rocks!

tess of the deurbavilles, got ring of bright water out for the kids years ago,just before the end the missus rushes in ,stops the video and says 'bedtime'.I thought she was being a cruel heartless b but then she reminded me of the ending where the farmer spades the otter!!!

It would depend on how I'm feeling when I read the question, but at this moment, I would say 'The Railway Children'.

That's a brilliant point Dijac - and is one of the reasons I started this thread - favourites can change from day to day and mood to mood can't they? :)

Today I like phone booth :D

Saw the railway children years ago - I used to have it on a record as a kid - the bit where they stop the train with the red "flags" was well loud :P

A Fish Called Wanda

Rat Race is good entertainment value.

Hotel Rwanda

L.A. Story

Romy and Michele's High School Reunion :balloon:

Scarface and in second place Goodfellas.x

Scarface and in second place Goodfellas.x

L.A. Story

Would you be offended if I termed that one as brilliantly tragic? :D Had it on video (back in the day - even the word video seems so old fashioned now :lol:) As much as I sometimes wish I didn't - I've always had a thing for Steve Martin films - and there's quite a lot of them - and I haven't seen all of them :P

Also a few Goldie Hawn ones too - they did some together - there was a brilliant one where she just moved in with him and they lived a life of lies (can't remember the title for the life of me - was funny though)

It was called 'housesitter' and it's well funny,love it!x >:D<<'>

Donnie Darko - what would you do if you could do it again? Except backwards.. :blink:

The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas.... :crying::crying:

Donnie Darko - what would you do if you could do it again? Except backwards.. :blink:

Love Donnie Darko - and a film called the butterfly effect :D

Never seen the Boy in the striped pyjamas - will have to google it

It was called 'housesitter' and it's well funny,love it!x >:D<<'>

Thank you :thumbs: was bugging me that I couldn't remember :lol:

Donnie Darko is my favorite film ever. My second favourite is Grease :)

I really love Grosse Point Blank 'cos it's got just about all of the lovely, quirky Cussak family in it. And Dan Ackroyd (officially dx'd AS, you know - collects trainsets too!) I can even forgive it having Mini Driver in. Just. Also love High Fidelity for similar reasons (John & Joan - Not Mini)...

Can't remember where I heard it, but heard recently that John Cussack is a bit of a Gay Icon, which was a bit of a shocker! Anyone watch the rugby last night...? :whistle::lol:

:D

Shallow Grave!!

For pure cheese-tastic value:

Escape from New York

The Towering Inferno

The Poseidon Adventure (original, not the crappy new one)

:thumbs:

Also, not cheesy apart from having Michael Douglas in it:

Coma

The Thing. I still jump every time they do the 'blood test'... :bounce:

I got very very confused by Donnie Darko...

It's been ages since I last saw it - but I think the bunny tells him the world is gonna end, and while Donnie is out of his room a jet engine crashes through the roof of his bedroom but cuz of the bunny he's not in bed at the time.

Then you get all the weird stuff in the film - cuz its weird anyway :wacko:

Then at the end I think time kinda resets (without the bunny warnings) and Donnie chooses to stay in bed (I think he rolls over in bed and grins) - thereby getting killed by the jet engine when it comes through the roof.

It still might not make sense and I might have explained it wrong - but that's my take on it from my vague recollection :lol:

Love it! Especially when Christopher Ecclestone starts living in the attic :wacko:

I used to know someone actually called Dave Stevens who refused to watch that film because, as he put it: "I can handle a murderer, an accountant never!" :lol: