Sign in to follow this  
Tylers-mum

Autism For Dummies...

... is now on sale at Amazon. It's just shy of a tenner and I ordered my copy today.

Not sure how long it's been out but I've been keeping a close eye out for it and noticed today that it's selling. Yayy.

Just a heads up for ya'll.

Can't believe they've made one of these - have loads of these books on history and pc's etc - so going to have to take the plunge and see what it's like (looking at the images copyright is 2006 - so I'd guess fairly recent).

Just placed my order.

Thanks TM

Take care,

Jb

(Just a note - ordered mine from Play - �10.49 inc. P & P, which works out slightly cheaper than Amazon unless you're ordering more than �15).

Edited by jb1964

Would love to buy this for my son's SENCo - you know, the one who spells it 'Aspbergers'. How do you think she'd take it?!

Karen

x

Has anybody read the book? My findings are that several of the For Dummies books are written by dummies. Is the book relevant for AS and HFA, or does it only cover classic autism?

Has anybody read the book? My findings are that several of the For Dummies books are written by dummies. Is the book relevant for AS and HFA, or does it only cover classic autism?

If you click on the image on the Amazon page - it previews the contents pages and quite a few chapter pages.

Take care,

Jb

I will order this once I have read the three books that others have recommended here, the book I am reading now is brilliant and has lots of J in it, its called the out of sync child, and it has set it out really easy as well, it includes Autism a lot as well but for sensory difficulties its brilliantly set out.

I went on amazon uk and had a brouse throw the Autism for dummies and it does look like it could explain things a little more simplier. so It is one on my list.

WHAT IS THE BESTEST BOOK YOU HAVE BOUGHT ON ASD

JsMUM

Edited by JsMum

In answer to Jsmum's question, the best book I've read on ASD is "Martian in the Playground" Claire Sainsbury.

Am currently reading "Born on a Blue Day" David Tammet.

Regards KHK

P.S.Anything by Jacqui Jackson.

Would love to buy this for my son's SENCo - you know, the one who spells it 'Aspbergers'. How do you think she'd take it?!

After a very difficult year with one particular teacher I bought a book as a final parting gift. It was called "Could Do Better" !!!!!!! I couldn't resist.

Lisa

:

After a very difficult year with one particular teacher I bought a book as a final parting gift. It was called "Could Do Better" !!!!!!! I couldn't resist.

Lisa

i have bought several books and most i have found very helpful but i havent bought the dummies book has anyone had a chance to read it yet. If so is it worth buying