Sign in to follow this  
smiley

Feeling icky

Hi all :)

Not been feeling to great recently :( . I have been very stressed and (sorry blokes..) endometriosis has kicked in *ouchy*. But still, i can't seem to shake this - anyone got any ideas? (I called the nurse at my surgery - she just said 'stressed - get some sleep'!! Not very helpful! Takes a millenium to see the GP so haven't even tried .........:blink: )

Feels like this.. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now.

I feel on the verge of a migraine - (anyone who gets them will know the 'It's coming' feeling). My left arm hurts and my legs are weak, i keep thinking i've moved my left leg whilst i'm walking - only to trip and realize it hasn't moved (and no..... i'm not making much sense at the moment!!!). My balance has gone totally out of the window (usually good with me), i'm feeling wobbly, i'm having trouble speaking clearly and finding words, and i'm so very, very tired. Fell asleep on Friday evening at 6, woke up Saturday morning at 11 kind of tired :huh: , and i am having trouble keeping my eyes open. I'm on go-slow!!

The tips of my fingers are tingley and one side of my face feels numb when i wake up......

So..... loosing the plot slightly and just crackered???? ----- or it's a lergy that's going around???? --------or ignore Nurse and go annoy GP????? (assuming, of course, that he's available anytime soon....... :rolleyes: ).

Sorry for grumbly post :unsure: - just fed up of feeling bleugh.... :wacko::(

Updated at the end.....

Edited by smiley

Hi it may be worth asking GP to check your haemoglobin.Some of the problems you describe can be the result of anaemia.I also think you can become anaemic if you have heavy periods due to endometriosis.Karen

Smiley no mater how long it takes get an appointment to see your GP. It could be many things - for example your thyroid could be out of sync.

Most of your symptoms could be mine - really - and they have ruled out all sort including thyroid and now I am awaiting the results of an EEG begore they move on to look for things like MS. My sick feeling is down the right hand side of my head and I know just what you mean because I get migrane to. I drag my right leg most days now and my words either come out backwards or I just can't remember them. Thyroid can do this to you but they have ruled that out with me. It could even be a trapped nerve - buy hey we are not medics are we? Go and see someone who is!!!!!

>:D<<'> Oracle

I agree you should see a GP and sooner rather than later. These symptoms do not sound at all like stress to me, and a nurse is not a qualified diagnostician, particularly just over the phone without seeing you. At my surgery if you phone and ask for a same day appointment, one of the doctors will phone you back and discuss your symptoms with you to decide how urgently you need to be seen. I would phone tomorrow first thing, and see if this can be done at your surgery. I would also explain that you are a carer, and that you need to be in good health to look after your disabled child as this may make a difference to how quickly you are seen. In the meantime, you could try giving NHS Direct a call, as they may be able to provide some reassurance and advice in the short term.

Hiya smiler >:D<<'> :(

Haven't a clue what endemtropolitanpoliciosis (?) is - and given your 'sorry fellas' warning I'm not going to google it either(!), but FWIW this does sound stress related to my ears, and if there are other things impacting on that, like that enderwatsitthingyamiosis, It really could bite quite hard...

If you look back over the past few months, there's been a hell of a lot going on, hasn't there? It's fairly standard that in periods of high activity/stress we sort of go into overdrive and somehow manage to keep plodding on, and then when things finally calm down a little the aftershocks hit and knock us on our a**es!

I think you should ignore the nurse and go to the GP, 'cos if there's something else going you need to know/deal with it. Meanwhile, while waiting for that elusive appointment take as much time out as you can, get your head down when you can and try and do all that cliche stuff we're all supposed to do and never find the time for like relaxing CD's, long hot soaks and quality 'down-time'...

Chin up, hen >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

L&P

BD :D

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> .

Please go & see your GP., its may be nothing, in that case he may be able to put your mind at rest. But if it is anything means he can check the obvious things 1st. Somehow we get through stuff, we have to, its not easy I know. I have ME/CFS, but even though have had some very bad times, yes days I know I haven't been really in the best health to look after my boys, but we are making up for it now. I have had to handle using a mobility scooter, also at time being pushed around in a wheelchair, ( I hate that when supermarkets don't have electric scooters , the lads don't mind, but I hate the loss of independence )but I still take them camping & stuff, so it is possible. I am lucky as I can get about a little with just crutches, But any distance ( like outside more than a few yards ) I use the car or scooter. but have to take it easy ( yes of course i overdo it to many times, but such is life, its worth it to get away & just have family times & support my lads ). The worst time was when I was unable to drive & could hardly move my arm for a week, my parents had to look after me, but I still wanted to be home & coping on my own.

This isn't a look I am ill type of post, but am just saying even if the worst scenario does happen, they its possible to still be OK.

Edited by Platefull of Love

Smiley,

I'd be making an appt with the GP to get these symptoms checked out properly. You can't go on feeling like this indefinately and it seems to me it needs investigating. Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Please see the GP Smiley - when I read about your left arm, and being so tired I was concerned. I don't know how old you are and your current fitness levels but this was my Dad's first symptoms for heart trouble. Whatever it is - it doesn't sound good. Please get and see someone soon.

Take care

KW

Smiler >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Phone the surgery first thing, OK!!!? You need to see the doc, please go. :pray:

Keep us posted.

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Haven't a clue what endemtropolitanpoliciosis (?) is

Men, what are they like!! :rolleyes:

:wub: Thank you >:D<<'>

I've called GP - best they can do is Fri morning. :huh:

I had an other chat with (evil... :rolleyes: ) nurse, and she said much the same as she did the other day.

Platefull - >:D<<'> Big hugs to you >:D<<'> , my friend has CFS and she has a hard time of it :( .

Lollypocket - Hearts all good :) I used to dance, sing and generally wiggle about lots :dance: , and was super fit (*notice the was* :rolleyes::P) - heart was checked last year as per annual routine ('coz of the migraines.) and it was fine.

Trying very hard to do all the relaxing bit-and-bobs.... :thumbs:

Told the nurse i will be turning up before fri if i feel any worse - :ph34r: .

Thanks all >:D<<'>

Edited by smiley

Trust me....... :rolleyes: ...... I have a virus in my brain...... :wacko::huh::(

Heart great, blood pressure great, not diabetic, lungs great, reflexes good, etc...etc....(felt like i was having an MOT! :blink: ).

I'm now on tablets for three weeks - back for blood tests 'et al' next week - and MRI :tearful: week after if i'm still wobbly.

:tearful: I'm abit shocked TBH - i was expecting GP to say 'Your stressed - go home n get some rest'.

:fight:

>:D<<'> Thanks for the PMs >:D<<'>

Hey all >:D<<'>

Still struggling with this one....... I think i'm feeling a bit stronger - but friends/family say i'm just the same...... Anyhow....

Finally got results of blood tests....... Over the phone via the receptionist (grrrrrrr). There is something going on with my liver :huh: I've no idea what - just that i'm to have an urgent appointment with DR on Mon. He's on hols (presumably skiing!!) this week... So now i have to wait - HATE waiting. I'm going to drive myself nuts this weekend :wallbash::wallbash:

Oh yikes :(:unsure:

Smiley,

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

It's going to be tough waiting for the next few days, isn't it. :wacko: Hopefully you'll get some answers on Monday.

Easier said than done but try to have a relaxing weekend and not to worry too much in the meantime.

Take good care of yourself >:D<<'>

K xx

Edited by Kathryn

Oh, that's a horrible horrible horrible thing to do... :angry::angry:

Cr*p advice, I know, but TRY not to dwell on it until Monday...

:wub: & :pray: & >:D<<'> as always... keep yer pecker up, and keep us posted.

What time's the appointment Monday? Wanna be sending plenty of those positive vibes

BD :D

Thanks all :wub:>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Bads - I've to wait for a phone-appointment with Dr first thing :blink: Need to keep all day free apparently - so i expect he'll call around tea-time....... :angry::angry::huh: .

Worry, worry, worry........ My overactive imagination is being.... overactive! :unsure::(

Got a busy few days (seeing M's old 1-2-1 tmrw :dance::thumbs::wub: ) so doing my best to utterly ignore it until Monday (yeah, right!! :wallbash: ).

hello love!!

thinking of the positive if it was very bad news they wouldnt wait for your doc to come back they would fit you in with someone tomorrow so try not to worry,easier said than done i know,please let us know any news,will be thinking of you over weekend love hev xx

Oh, Smiley I'm so sorry. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I hope you manage to keep your mind occupied and that the news is better than your overactive imagination anticipated. :pray:

Nellie >:D<<'> >:D<<'>