Sign in to follow this  
oracle

I need help

I can't get in - it's very frustrating. I'm still waiting for a password to be sent to me and it won't let me reregister. :wacko:

K x

There is someone in there saying offensive things about parents, I have tried to help them understand that not all parents are the same.

Its so sad to see one parent of children with SEN attacking others in this way.

Yes - I have also replied and tried to help them understand where some parents are coming from...

I posted something too...

The site is slow and there's a lot to read. Some very good things, but the article on "Overprotective parents" made me feel very angry ...

Curra

well, I logged in OK and read Oracle's thread ( very slowwwly.... thanks to the slow site) and then I was stuck, just getting 'this page cannot be displayed'

The 'Awares' people really need to get the discussion part of the site up to speed, it's as bad as last year :wallbash:

Sorry I haven't got anything more useful to add :( , other than you seem to have roped in the heavy mob, well done to you all :thumbs:

wac

:wallbash: Some peoples opinions are, quite frankly, appalling. The site is quick for me... maybe internet provider??? Not sure - not technically minded!

Some very good things, but the article on "Overprotective parents" made me feel very angry ...

Curra

Hi Curra,

Where abouts is this article - i can't find it......

Ta xxxx

OK, deep breath...don't all scream at me!!

I can't actually see anything wrong with this article...the author is discussing some parents.

I think we often tend to think that other people are all like us...I know I thought other parents of children with special needs were all 'like' me, until I started to work in a residential setting with young adults.

It was a real eye-opener :(

Some of the parents are fantastic, but I have seen at first hand some awful things which really upset me because I found it hard to believe that people would behave like that...clients who never go home and are never phoned by their parents, clients whose DLA is spent by their parents, clients who excitedly show you their 'new' clothes, but when you come to name them you find that they are not only second hand, but dirty too, clients who are given birthday presents but then have them taken away again...

Bid :(

i have dr berneys paper, it is very short? none of what he says is substantiated either, there are sadly some parents who behave in a cold and distant wayand in ways we would consider unacceptable but maybe this is a response, people do react strangely to stuff, look at how grief affects us all for example, i think they need help not criticism. on the whole i think the examples dont really add up, we are not getting a full picture and correlation is not cause. who is to say who was upsetting who in his conclusions about parents causing emotional distress? there are some interesting postings going on.