Sign in to follow this  
lindy-lou

Indigo children

Me and my sister are going on a all day talk with a homeopathist about Indigo children,i had only heard about this briefly,does anyone have any experience or think there is anything in it?

i found this...

What is an indigo Child?

As a summary, here are the ten attributes that best describe this new kind of child, the Indigo Child

They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it)

They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.

Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."

They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).

They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.

They get frustrated with systems that are ritually oriented and don't require creative thought.

They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).

They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.

They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").

They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

and... just in case you heard otherwise from other "indigo" sources, the designated word "Indigo" has nothing to do with the color of an aura! It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brain disorder called synesthesia.

could all be a load of tosh i suppose but i think its at least worth going and having a listen to.

Edited by lindy-lou

I think there was a TV documentary about this person a while ago. I remember her talking about "Indigo" children and "Crystal" children.

Interesting, but I thought it was a bit wacky myself.

Let us know how it goes - even if you get nothing out of it it's still a day out, isn't it. :)

K x

Hi,

I read something recently which explained that IC is a new age term for ADHD/ADD.

I am always a bit suss about groups of people who claim to have 'higher powers' and be 'telepathic' and be 'more evolved', but bad parenting and an uncaring society has meant that their powers haven't been able to evolve to their full potential (I'm not making this up!).

Cheers,

Eva

Edited by Eva

I come across the term about twice a year and every time the definition changes. Quite a few synesthesiac Autistics percieve themselves and other Autistics as the purple/blue though.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sorry! :devil::shame:

Bid

:huh: I'm a bit confused too? and a little :o

What is funny?

Sorry I can't comment on the main post as this is the first I've ever heard of IC. As with all new ideas to me though I'd like to read a little more before dismissing it or deciding it's something I'd like to know more about and if Bid can save me the time of researching it by stating what she is implying I'd be happy to read it.

thanks

Lorraine

:oops:

Sorry, Lorraine, I was being a bit minxy :shame:

Personally, I think it's a load of New Age :bounce::bounce: but I appreciate it may be meaningful to some...

Actually I don't think it helps further understanding of ADHD/ASC to dress them up in this sort of language, and could be potentially counter-productive...

Bid

I was a Sludgey-Brown Child, myself! :lol::devil::shame:

Edited by bid

I first read about indigo children exactly the same time as my son was dx with asperger syndrome, I thought they were the same thing just different interpretations or perceptions of it, I have to say the concept of the indigo children or crystal children is a much nicer one than the predjudice I've encountered that comes with asd, and I have found it really helpful for me, my interests are alternative medicine chemical free nutrition and stuff that could be classed new age but I don't put myself in that category just another label.

When I read the book on the crystal children, recently it fitted my son to a tee, he has extra sensory perception that is so acute it is bordering on what couldbe regarded as telepathy and I hve something similar presents a bit different.

When people have difficulties perhaps other senses become more developed as a survival mechanism, there is a lot more that meets the eye than we are taught to believe

I find it an easier world to live in with these alternative concepts and believe if the world wasn't such a harsh place it would be easier for me, at the same time dismissing the asd label and just going with the crystal indigo child label( even though I'm not a child and an adult actually too old to meet this criteria of when the crystal children indigo children arrived) still causes me problems because I can't work in the alternative field either because of the same problems that cause me problems in the conventional world, namely lack of confidence, lack of selfworth and self esteem, social phobia ocd communication difficulties etc.

Of course society doesn't accept these concepts of crystal children extra sensory perception etc although the term was coined by someone who is a psycholgist, so they are not much use

Edited by florrie

Hi thanks for your replies,i was a bit miffed by bids response too,but nevermind we are all entitled to think what we want are'nt we,from what the homeopathist was saying to us and from what ive read so far i actually can relate to the indigo child theory,both my daughter,nephew and another child i know on the spectrum all have a real "something" about them,i dont just mean they are quirky because of their traits but they just have a special feeling about them,i have had people comment on this who have never even met India and have just seen pictures and talked to me about her,so i can see where this theory fits in.

My mum has several illnesses and lives in pain constantly everyday and is now ina wheelchair,normal medicine cannot help her,it has tried and failed,so we have bookd her a homeopathy session to see if it has any success where convention has failed.

If i am going to have a bit of faith in TRYING to help ease my mums suffering,im sure as hell going to look into and try something that doesnt claim to cure but help my daughter to feel more settled in her world,no-one can explain to me why my child was born with an ASD when my 2 others were not,i dont expect this to explain it to me either BUT if i find a theory that i think fits MY child then fantastic,im not a naive silly girl,i knpw there are a great deal of charlatans who claim to cure our kids,this isnt about that,its about seeing if something alternitive helps her and maybe finding a better or different way of understanding.

I cant wait to go to this talk anyway,its on January 5th and i will be sure to let you know the outcome. :thumbs:

I would love to see the empirical evidence behind the assertion that 'It is the result of scientific observations by a woman who has the brian disorder called synesthesia'.

Perhaps someone could post me a link??

I actually have a degree of synesthesia myself, so I would find that very interesting.

Bid

Edited by bid

Yeah, even though I think a lot of synesthesiacs see Autism as purple/blue, I don't know if it's the majority. I personally think I'm orange with black bits.

I don't know how scientific observations can be made with it seeing as synesthesiacs often see different colours for the same things and they are subject to change.

A personal observation (or two), and certainly not intended to challenge anyone elses POV, but having spent years trying to push for my son to be accepted as who he is without prejudice, to me it seems quite dangerous to be promoting or endorsing the idea that he's some sort of heaven sent emissary for a new, enlightened age and that he's not EQUAL to those around him but actually a superior being...

I'm sort of reminded too of the 'Aquarius' children of the sixties - they were going to 'open the door' on a new age of enlightenment, and again were 'misunderstood' and 'downtrodden'...

And then there's the moonies and the scientologists and the......

Oh, and lets not forget Salem a couple of hundred years ago...

As I say, a personal observation, but personally I think this stuff is dangerous, 'cos it undermines the 'part of' and emphasises the 'exclusive from', and does so in a way that smacks of the most arrogant sort of elitism.

Don't get me wrong - my, yours, our children ARE special, because each and every one is a unique and valuable human being. I just think that's true for every child, regardless of race, creed, colour, disability, ability, aura or psychic field, and I think EVERY child deserves to have that acknowledged and celebrated without prejudice.

L&P, and apologies to anyone who may have taken offence... certainly there is none intended.

BD :D

Just came back from America were I bought the book The Indigo Children the new children have arrived . by Lee Carroll and Jan Tober . Still reading it but a few things have got me thinking I will just quote one:-

It has escaped mainstream attention due to teh fact that it is just too 'weird' to consider in teh paradigm of human psychology, which smugly considers humanity as a static , unchanging model . As a rule, society tends to believe in evolution , but only in the past tense. The thought that we might be seeing a new human cconsciousness slowly arriving on the planet now- manifested in our children - goes way beyong established consevative thought.

Other parts of the book I think can be true of most children so I am still reading and pondering.

sorry I pressed the size button.

moncs

Blimey they was big letters!!! Two things you can see from the moon - Great wall of China and mocs's last post!!! Actually, that's not true - you can't see the GWOC....

Offering an observation on the post itself, it's a fairly basic piece of 'spin' which attempts to validate the 'message' by gainsay rather than content... It doesn't offer anything in the way of concrete evidence, it just postuilates a possible flaw in the other argument.

I for one have no problem in viewing evolution as an ongoing process, and actually feel that the current (apparant) rise in ASD and related conditions probably does have an 'evolutionary' connection in the sense of heriditary genetics, but there are very few precedents in evolution for the kind of Quantum Leap being suggested here, and even fewer where the evolutionary process seems to have a preordained 'plan' or 'design' as is also being suggested...

I'd still LOVE to see a reasonable explanation for 'Bat-Sonar' of course, but that exception aside I still find Darwin's model's of 'trial and error' far more convincing than the stuff proposed by the Indigo Kid lobby - which, incidentally, bears some remarkable similarities also to both John Wyndham's 'Midwich Cuckoos' AND his 'Chrysalids', both of which i'm fairly sure predate even the 'Aquarius child' I mentioned earlier.

Oh, and i just remembered 'Chocky' too! John Wyndham - now there's a man who knew how to write science fiction!

L&P

BD :D

And what about all the kids with ADHD who don't have 'unusually large, clear eyes'?

Are they less-evolved or what??

Bid

My son has ADHD, and his eyes are usually to be seen peering myopically from behind his specs (he stepped on his new contact lenses last week and broke them! :lol::lol: )

Edited by bid

Even though I like the concept of the Indigo children because my perception of it is it seems gentler to me I also don't believe indigo children are more special than others I believe everyone is special and I began to believe everyone is here for a reason, and that has helped me because it stopped me feeling suicidal, although could be temporary, and that is all I can say really to show how the concept helped.

To me there seemed to be a deeper spiritual message behind it ( or at least that is how I've interpreted it)that has been incredibly helpful, and has made it easier to cope with problems

I agree about the large eyes things but I didn't take everything literally but the general spiritual message particularly with crystal children I kind of resonated with on some level, not completely in every way and it helped

I'm also sorry if my view upsets anyone if they think it harms asd as that is not the intention, but I was left with no help support or understanding whatsoever and I feel it is still a miracle I survived or my son survived at all as I couldn't organise anything and the ocd which I have about everything in order to cope can be disabling when stressed and unable to communicate and when you feel like that you will look for anything that helps, maybe i just want to believe it because I felt so desperate( Iam ever aware that could be likely ) but it still helped.

Another thing that was pointed out to me was that the concept of an indigo child is getting away from the labels that some people feel stigmatised by. I often feel now thathaving my son labelled may have done more damage and harm to his self esteem, than otherwise it certainly has not helped to have him labelled with the predjudice that exists he was treated as a person before and as a label aftereward, and developed mental health problems after he was statemented because the statement did not meet his needs, and may have contributed to the severe mental health problems that then occurred ,and the more I tried to explain the more they misinterpreted things, it was a nightmare

Edited by florrie

erm.....i am with badad on this i think.....personally speaking i find it hard enough to get people to see past the stereoptype of autism, ie child sitting in a corner rocking back and forth....to start all of this would be a total nightmare for us.....i did watch the programme and it really worried me.......i would never want el described like this, she is autistic and thats that!

hope this doesnt offend anyone!