dooday24

just need to get this off my chest!!

hi all just need a rant i have been in and out of hosp with my daughter for the last week. she has bowel probs and because shes in so often they have to sedate her. but sedation dosnt touch her. so we still end up pinning her down 4 treatment its awful. well they were going to to some other things to see if they would help but nobody was willing to do it as she is so feisty. i cant believe they cant deal with a 4 yr old. and weve now asked 4 a second oppinon as she is constantly throwing up and in agony with her stomach was told she should be seen this week recieved a letter today to be seen on the 31st of this month. im just so mad :angry::angry: and on top of that reece has been so stressed out as his routine has been all over the place. and having to stop with my mum wen shes stopped in hospital. then i got an email from the women i deal with about social housing to tell us we still have another 6 months plus to wait 4 a house. and reece wont be seen by camhs in the nr future as they hav no phsychiatrists still the gp told me today his first referal 4 camhs went in 2 yrs ago and then to top it all off the electrics have gone on the car :(:(:wallbash::wallbash: i then see the gp today and asked to be put on antidepressent cant cope anymore. just dont hav anything else to give going round and round in circles. does anyone know how long they take to kick in thanku for listening sorry to go on luv donna

:( I'm sorry things are so tough for you at the mo Donna. I think you've done the right thing going to see your GP. Hope life feels abit more positive soon. Take care >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

oh no, sounds like you are really having a hard time. not sure what to suggest but think that you have probably done the right thing going to the docs. i have recently come off my anti d's.....about four weeks ago. they took about a week to start getting into my system, but to be honest i felt such relief from just going in the first place and admitting i needed help! i think its so important that we look after our own mental health, i wish i hadnt "let" myself get into such a state in the first place.....but anyway, feel so much better now after eighteen months of them......well that is until i am hormonal again.....

sending you loads of pos vibes chic

my tablets took a couple weeks to kick in,still have my off days but on the whole things are better being on them,hang on there,you will notice a difference

woah.......................................... what a load of sh*t for you. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

From my experience I was told they would take about 4 weeks to kick in.

Anyway, I was first given prozac and although the sleeping improved, and I cried less, i felt emotionally dead and wasnt really reacting to anythting - left it 2 months before i returned for repeat script and then tried another med cefalexin which did work for me.

I am now off it. It gave me the strength to put some things right in my life and to tell the people who mattered that I needed some support.

Anyway the moral of the story is, wait 4 weeks but no longer. If they are not working by then TRY SOMETHING ELSE.

Take care things will get better

Phoebe >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

i tried prozac a few months ago and just felt like a zombie so stopped taking them cant remember wat these r cant be botthered to get to get my a** :lol::lol: off the sofa

Edited by dooday24

That sounds like an awful lot on your plate. I'm on ads and couldn't imagine not taking them - especially with the cold days and dark nights approaching. I think they definately help.

With regard to your dd we have actually walked out of the hospital mid treatment with ds#1. It was only a cannula in his hand but not managed well and particularly distressing for ds (they had 4 tries). We did complain and it was much better the second time, a nurse he was very familiar with did the procedure and they had a goodie bag for him, sorted out the numbing cream and the cannula went in first time. Sometimes you have to point out it's a routine job for them but extremely distressing for your child, I think that can be forgotten by professionals.

And cannulas blooming hurt even when you're an adult never mind a little hand!

It was similar with ds - except one nurse had the lack of sense to giggle when it didn't go in for the 4th time (and the doctor left to take a phone call mid procedure).

Good luck with the second opinion, from what I've seen if you come in as a 'second opinion' (we changed gps over ds' eczema and lack of referral to hospital) they seem to know you mean business and take what you say seriously.

They can't just not treat her just because she's tricky to treat - I imagine most 4 year olds are!

you did the right thing going to the GP well done its not always easy to admit WE need help.Your poor little girl!!!!!!!!!!.Only advice i can give is ring yr local CAMHS every week be the thorn in their side until they give you an appointment.

hi all just need a rant i have been in and out of hosp with my daughter for the last week. she has bowel probs and because shes in so often they have to sedate her. but sedation dosnt touch her. so we still end up pinning her down 4 treatment its awful. well they were going to to some other things to see if they would help but nobody was willing to do it as she is so feisty. i cant believe they cant deal with a 4 yr old. and weve now asked 4 a second oppinon as she is constantly throwing up and in agony with her stomach was told she should be seen this week recieved a letter today to be seen on the 31st of this month. im just so mad :angry::angry: and on top of that reece has been so stressed out as his routine has been all over the place. and having to stop with my mum wen shes stopped in hospital. then i got an email from the women i deal with about social housing to tell us we still have another 6 months plus to wait 4 a house. and reece wont be seen by camhs in the nr future as they hav no phsychiatrists still the gp told me today his first referal 4 camhs went in 2 yrs ago and then to top it all off the electrics have gone on the car :(:(:wallbash::wallbash: i then see the gp today and asked to be put on antidepressent cant cope anymore. just dont hav anything else to give going round and round in circles. does anyone know how long they take to kick in thanku for listening sorry to go on luv donna

Aw, so sorry you're having to go through all this rubbish at the mo. :(>:D<<'> Try hard to cling on to the fact that this period WILL come to an end and things WILL change, the car WILL get fixed and you WILL move and you WILL start to feel better soon. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~

thankyou everyone just sat here balling :crying::crying: as i read all yr kind words i know i will get through this!! and i will be a stronger person i hope all i want is to enjoy my children instead of fighting all the time like now i have no fight left at the moment