Frangipani

Hello Hello Hello

Hello :dance::dance:

How are you all, hope this finds you all well.

Just wanted to let you know of the great news. In February 2007 they are going to put Concerta and Risperdal on PBS in Australia, so hopefully that will apply to you over there too.

I could be driving around in a Mercedes for the amount of money I have had to spend each year of meds that my son has to have. :o

Relief at last, and about time too. :rolleyes:

How are you all over there. School holidays have just started over here for 6 weeks

Hallyscomet or Hailey or Frangipani or what ever you want to call me but keep it clean. :lol:

Edited by Frangipani

hi there..my little boy has meds to and for him the change was a miracle.i know it doesnt work for everyone but for my babe he is in mainstream and doing very well..cross fingers..we dont pay for medication here in scotland.......noogsy

Edited by noogsy

PBS is like our NHS from what I can make out.

I believe it is like being able to get free prescriptions on NHS. (Like kids). If so, it is about time that the australian government did this. as medications can become very costly if they have to be taken over a long period of time.

Enjoy the new-found cash Frangipani!

Hi Fran :D Nice to see you back :D

What's PBS ???

Is it hot over there?

Flo' :D>:D<<'>

Hi Flora,

Not sure what NHS is :lol::lol: it means there is a cap on the prescription. My son gets a card because of his medical nature so he only has to pay $4.80 on these scripts no matter what.

Why am I excited, per month his Concerta was costing us AUD 195.00 per month and Risperdal $76.00

We have been paying close to 3,000 AUD just for meds not to mention all the extras. Private health insurance only pay back $30. aud per script.

Dont you pay this much over there???? What do you pay over there??? I still have to wait until February for it all to be passed by the Australian Government hopefully it wont drag on. All I can say is AWESOME!!! about time too.!!! :notworthy::notworthy:

Flora, about the weather, call me one smoked bronzed Aussie, I think half of the east coast is burning with bushfires, now Tasmania are having major problems 14 homes lost in their latest fire.

We are having a very strange cold snap today it was only 16 C other than that very mild 25 - 32 had the odd 35 but we really need some rain. So do a rain dance or something for us :lol::lol: getting smoked out literally.

I notice it 6 C over there bllrrrrrrr..... any sign of snow.???

Looking forward to Christmas how about you.

B):thumbs:

hi because we have the nhs here we dont pay for childrens prescriptions...adults pay �6.70ish per prescription..if we had to pay for meds here i think most of us would be struggling.i know that a lot of the newer drugs are very expensive,strattera,concerta,eqyasim to name but a few.but for us medication has been a way forward.my we boy is no longer agressive and he is happy in him self....love noogsy

NHS is the National Health Service. It is the service that provides health care, some dental care, some optitian care, and prescriptions etc.

Unless you choose to 'go private' (i.e. pay for all of your care through private doctors), our health care is provided by the NHS. This includes the cost of prescriptions. So if you are under 16 (or 19 and in full time education), or are in reciept of certain benefits, or have certain medical conditions (e.g. diabetes) all prescriptions are provided free of charge. Everybody else has to pay �6.70 per item on a prescription.

Frangipani - do you know which part of Tas is having problems? Hubby's aunty lives there, and I worry about her when I hear about Bush Fires.

hello nice to meet you i got a sister who lives over there 18 years now she is 13 moths older than me and i miss her terable we lost our mum in april and that was had for her being so far away and her granson was dx autistic 2 weeks ago all the best to you jill

Hi Frangipani

Great to see you! :thumbs:>:D<<'>

Good news about the meds, don't spend the money all at once. :)

Hope life's treating you well - it's cold wet and windy here but no snow. :wacko::rolleyes:

K x

Hi Frangipani :) ,

Good to see you.

Great news about the meds. I remember we used to have to pay a lot for Ritalin when we were there.

Annie xx

>:D<<'>

NHS is the National Health Service. It is the service that provides health care, some dental care, some optitian care, and prescriptions etc.

Unless you choose to 'go private' (i.e. pay for all of your care through private doctors), our health care is provided by the NHS. This includes the cost of prescriptions. So if you are under 16 (or 19 and in full time education), or are in reciept of certain benefits, or have certain medical conditions (e.g. diabetes) all prescriptions are provided free of charge. Everybody else has to pay �6.70 per item on a prescription.

Frangipani - do you know which part of Tas is having problems? Hubby's aunty lives there, and I worry about her when I hear about Bush Fires.

Hi Fiorelli,

The bush fires in Tasmania are on the east coast near Scamander, just found some really pretty images of the area. Hope your relatives are okay, its a bad year for fires over here its just so dry havent had the good November rains

here are those images

http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsi...ry=#slideanchor

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200612/s1809600.htm

Good to see you are all going well, I noticed Lindy Loo had a beautiful little baby boy, Congratulations Lindy Loo.

Hello all the above, I guess you are all getting ready for Christmas, I am having a mad last minute spring clean :blink: we have had so much smoke had to launder all the curtains etc.

Been busy celebrating the festive season, :party: looking forward to January so I can say aaahhh another year over.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. :groupwave:>:D<<'>

:dance: cheers everyone. Have an awesome Christmas.

:D:robbie::robbie:

Thanks hailey.

Hubbys family are in Launceston, so close, but not that close to Scamander to be affected (I hope!)

Merry Christmas to you all over there. Hope it doesn't get too hot for you!

Hi Hailey good to see you! >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Don't spend your windfall all at once!

:band::cheers::drunk::gather::wine::wine::wine:

Hey you :lol::lol: thats just how I feel, like throwing a party :party:

Or holiday, upgrade the car perhaps. :lol::lol:

You could have pinched me when my sons Paediatrician told me, I have been spending close to 3 K AUD since the age of who knows when. I asked the Pharmacist about a month ago is there any possibility of this happening and he said no. What a turn around. :o Still a bit furious we have had to struggle paying this much money all these years though. It really hasnt sunk in yet. :o:unsure::whistle:

H xx