Sign in to follow this  
Suze

Adverts!!.......................

Hi guys, not been as prolifick on the old forum of late...........stuff to do :dance: , kids to sort out :huh: ................and all the other cr*p that all that entails :( ...............(I love em all really :wub: ), but I,ve missed you guys >:D<<'>

Anyway lets get back to what I want to MOAN!!! about.....................ADVERTS!

I just don,t get some of them............for example, the new ***** [car] advert...............you,ve got these 4/5 cuddly toy things with weird faces.........sort of Japenese ish (the Japanese don,t have weird faces , I mean Japanese in style :wacko: )..............they go off on a night out, turn up to the night club, one gets a balloon then floats away!!............(now this really upsets my ASD son )...................but what does this mean??, what was the advertising exec thinking of when he dreamt it up and spent all those �100000,s on it??

And another thing I hate that dreamy voiced ,voice -over that comes on over food adverts :sick: , makes me want to hurl....................who wants a soggy succuculent savoury squishy,spiced, shropshire ,sausage anyway!!

oh I,m glad I got that off me chest :bounce::bounce: Suzex

Edited by baddad

We can't figure the *****[car] ad out either........the first time we watched it we all sat there baffled.....and were none the wiser at the end of the ad.....good music though :D

Edited by baddad

Hi Suze

I have to agree i was just saying to my hub last night I CANT STAND THIS * & * [supermarket] AD every ad break its soooo annoying :wallbash: Actually i just hate adverts altogether. I have sky plus now though so i just pause the ads till they are finished :lol::lol:

Brooke

Edited by baddad

The new ***** [car] ads are awful. Me and my ***** [car] (called 'Kylie' because she's small and sparkly) prefered the ones with the 'Wacky Races' and the one where they all play hide and seek (which is a game we often play on a Friday night outside Sainsbury's when I'm loaded down with shopping bags)

The * & * (supermarket) ads are just annoying. Who wants chicken when you can have Oakham smoked, outdoor reared expensive chicken? Well I do actually as I can be half way through cooking it before the voice-over woman has finished going orgasmic over a chicken breast. Don't get me wrong, I like * & * but sticking poncy titles on things is just a way to jack up the prices. Cheese = cheese (not <* & * Voice-over voice>'Traditional Stilton, slowly raised 500ft by monks before being rubbed onto the back of a succulent pig and drizzled with the juice of the banana tree'</* & * Voice-over voice>), and chocolate pudding = chocolate pudding (and not a <*&* Voice-over voice>'Moist, velvety triple chocolate sponge, oozing three kinds of hydrogenated vegetable oil, all smothered in ground cocoa beans before being driven at high speed through the Hampshire countryside for 8 weeks as it slowly matures'</*&* Voice-over voice>)

Calm yourself Suze...you're getting me stressed now and if I don't calm down then I'll be forced to write letters of complaint to [car manufacturer), [supermarket], M&S, [Haven't a clue??][NS: Paolo Natini are a band] (well anyone who uses Jo Whiley for their voice-over really), [stationers/bookshop] and whoever the hell it is that makes Barbie's Dream-Land Beauty Parlour and Collagen Clinic (with real foaming spa pool)(*batteries not included)

Edited by TheNeil

:lol: Neil you know exactly where I,m coming from on that one then..............her voice just makes me want to :sick: ..............aarrgghh!............it,s like the equivalent of nails on a chalk board for me :wacko:

has anyone seen the really WEIRD!..........looking santa on the new cola ads?............sort of a santa through the ages but he looks really weird............gives me the heebee jee-bies.......

and what about that guy who jumps out of his suit........anyone seen that phwoar :wub: he comes out all bare chested :notworthy: , but the ad featuring Charlize Theron stripping out of her dress should be banned :devil: .............and she speaks french too :rolleyes: .............how are all us lesser females to compete.........well me anyhow :lol:

TheNeil :lol::lol: , you really made me laugh!

I try to ignore adverts, but it's very difficult when Kai is constantly asking me questions about them!

When an advert says something like, "Call 0800 111 999 NOW!", he says, "Mummy that advert is really rude cos they said to call the number and they didn't say PLEASE!". He has a point :blink: .

There is another one about a debt company, where they say, "There is light at the end of the tunnel". I have tried in vain to explain to him about metaphors but he still doesn't get it.

Loulou xx

Thanks a bunch guys! :lol::lol::lol:

Erm... not aloud to actually SAY who we don't like, but I'm fairly sure heavy hints are OK :lol::lol::lol:

Now the ad that MOST annoyed me this christmas was one featuring a dad climbing over stars to get to the 'place where dreams come true'...... That really made me spew! It is not 'the place where dreams come true' it is a HUGE mulinational store that would sell grandmother's if they could turn a profit from it, and the cloying goody-goody marketing to dads who are the ONLY christmas target audience left who aren't sick to the eye teeth with the hideously unfair bombardment of plastic, overpriced c**p that kids get propaganderised (is that a word - I think not!?) with between every ten minute cartoon on kids TV and...........

WHOOOOOOOOOOOPS! i've exploded!!

Laters all - and PULEEEZE avoid the brand names :shame::pray::pray::pray:

'Cola' by the way, is a generic term...

Oh, and don't say **** or ****** !! :lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD >:D<<'>

Suze - what a fabulous topic!

I feel the need to name and shame each and every shop/retail outlet that has let me down over the years........................................ Where shall i start???

Obviously, it has nothing to do with irritating the begessus out of BD....... :whistle:

:P:lol:

BTW - i cannot stand aforementioned car ad........either the TV gets switched over/turned off/swiftly walloped with a cushion......makes me shudder :sick:

Sad really - so many children don't know the real meaning behind Christmas :( . (i had to explain it to a 14yr old the other day..................... :o ).

hate to agree with old bighead but that advert where the dad gets a star and hands it into the shop where you queue for ages to find nothings in stock is just revolting :sick:

the advert where mums go to is really getting on my nerves as well.

any toy advert is hideous as katie asks for every toy every single time

do you remember that advert where that bloke undresses in the launderette?i reckon baddad should do that,oh then again it wouldnt be an advert then,it would be a comedy :lol::lol::lol:

I can't stand the ucho & icko advert about food :sick: But I love their advert about fashion with Twiggy and Shirely Bassey :D

The Coke advert sets hubby off on a rant everytime it is on - is everyone here aware that Santa only wears red and white because of Coke :o If not can hubby come and off-load to you and not me next time it's on :whistle:

DS3 wants to report Cartoon Network because do you know that they show three times more adverts for girls toys than boys and that makes him :angry:

I hate the ads for a certain freezer centre because it really angers me that the person on them is made out to be a supermum when really she isn't... :angry:

And really I don't want to watch any of the adverts I would happily sit and watch the re-runs of Stricktly Come Dancing because I think that Mark Ramprakash is quite a dish and much more tasty than anything that *&* advertise :lol: Soooooooooo pleased he won tonight :dance:

Cat

Glad you got the SCD result you wanted, cat ! Hope you'll understand the edits!

L&P

BD :)

Edited by baddad

i am sooooo relieved to hear that that car advert isnt just doing MY head in....its very very creepy....... :crying:

also want to :fight: the makers of the * & * adverts too...........

yes sky + is the way forward.......

Little toys saying "Cooommmmmeeeee Oooooooon." I actually quite like that advert :lol:

I tell ya me fave advert at the mo - it's for a lager beer & it's got a shot of loads of birds (with feathers Baddad) flying as if in synchronisation & the song is "going out tonight" or something (not sure of the title)

It's brill.

Edited by Jill

yeah thats a good one that is although i am worried about you liking the car one....

el keeps asking me how they know if people are crunchy nut fans or not and when are they going to paint the road........................ :P

Ben's fave catchphrase this month was 'Don't tap it - Whack it!!'.... Wonder whether his next one will be 'When Mr Slater's Parrot says hello' or whether those incredibly early easter egg ads will be the 'How do you' variety this year?

Ahhhhhhh yes, adverts.......... :rolleyes:

My little monkey, being the clever clogs human tape recorder that he is....

Christmas morning (5.30!!!!!!!! :hypno: ), opening his stocking sitting on my bed. Each and every present was met with thrills of excited jumping about (5.30! :shame::tearful::wacko: ) and reciting of each and every advert! His memory is amazing - all he needs to do is hear or read something once, and he can recite it back to you.

The best one was the 20Q ball-thingy advert ........... complete with all the comments from the people on the street :blink::blink::lol: !

I have to admit to being in fits of giggles.... (you either laugh or........ :rolleyes: ). :wub::wub::D

Ahhhhhhh yes, adverts.......... :rolleyes:

The best one was the 20Q ball-thingy advert ........... complete with all the comments from the people on the street :blink::blink::lol: !

Ahhhhhh, 20 questions thingy...

Typical 9 year old, Ben decided to see if his could guess dog poo...

Much merriment when it asked "Is it something you eat?" And "Do you walk on it" but quite stunned (me too!) when its first guess was 'snot'... Ben thought he had it beaten when its second guess was 'manure', but seemed by measure equally annoyed/impressed when i explained what 'manure' was...

As I typed that, I think I might have mentioned it before(?) Sorry... old age... can't help repeating myself...

As I typed that, I think I might have mentioned it before(?) Sorry... old age... can't help repeating myself...

L, P and ADVERTS

BD

L, P and ADVERTS

BD

L, P and ADVERTS

BD............................................................................ :D:whistle:

:lol::rolleyes:

S'fine....Blonde. Scatty. Sleep-deprived. Only speak sleepy mad-woman language. Speak slooooowly and repeat...repeat...repeat.......... Nuff said..... ;)

:P:lol:

First questions asked 20Q.... in order...

1) Bed (coz he was on it..... :rolleyes: )

2) Toys (.......... :rolleyes: )

3) Christmas (...... :wacko: )

4) Clouds (i have no idea............... :huh: )

5) Elephant poo!!!! :lol:

Boys - aren't they a nightmare blessing :wub:

ooooh, I've really enjoyed reading this thread :thumbs:

I'll tell you what puzzles my boys, in between watching spongebob on nicktoons, WHY are there loads of adverts for debt consolidation loans?????

Flora :D

ooooh, I've really enjoyed reading this thread :thumbs:

I'll tell you what puzzles my boys, in between watching spongebob on nicktoons, WHY are there loads of adverts for debt consolidation loans?????

Flora :D

Yeuch - that's really horrible, but I guess the reason is that the 'target' group they're aimed for watches at that time of day - Part time workers (so not on a full wage) with school age kids, maybe. Whatever the demographic, you can bet your life the marketing bods have done their homework...

L&P

BD

.........and the ads for funeral arrangements 'when you've gone' :sick::blink: .........what can i say.........old before my time..........(i like watching the programme Planet Earth okaaaaaay! ...)

:blink::lol:

Edited by smiley