Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

weather!

Absolutely freezing. The wind was really icy - I think it feels worse because we've had such mild weather: only one or two days of frost so far.

Ah well, the days are getting longer!

K x

beep beep cold here too.

BUT we just had our loft insulated and doors draught excluded under a grant for those who are in receipt of DLA or other benefits. We already had loft insulation, but they added to it and made it up to the current building regs requirement.

It has definitely made a difference to how warm it feels and I have been able to keep the thermostat lower, so hopefully the energy bills will show some benefit too.

Anyone want the info - pm me and I will send by return.

Phoebe

Same here. Had a little snow flurry during the night by the looks of it , nearly <insert rude word> over on the pavement this morning it was so slippery.

Couldn't get warm yesterday either. :bounce: dd1 was doing this at the bus stop this morning, in a vain effort to keep warm!

Quite the opposite here, the nights have been so hot .

Had a thunderstorm this evening and now it is all humid again. :o

I will blow some of this warm air over there, and you can blow some of that cool over here, and we will all be happy.

:)

Edited by Frangipani

bagpuss what area you from if youve had snow?

i was so cold taking k to school today,really feeling it now,im all cosy now,not going out no more today,i cant stand the cold

Had a good covering of snow overnight and it's still snowing quite heavily now. Several schools are shut. I'll have to watch the weather forecast now to see whether we should expect some more.

The kids were hoping their school would be shut, but no such luck!

Well we've been out playing snowballs since half past six!! :lol: M's brother decided to wake us all up to tell us it was snowing so that was it...Isn't it weird M has so many sensory issues but give him a bit of snow and he's in his element :thumbs: Must say my nose is flippin' freezing tho :P Hope everyone has a fun day but stays safe!!

We have SNOWWWWWWWW! :dance::thumbs::clap:

All the children were building snowmen in the playground at school and didn't want to go in :rolleyes: . Teacher eventually promised them if they came in for 10 minutes to get the register done - they could go back out :clap: . I've never seen a group of kids so keen to get into school before.... :lol:

Our snow has melted here too.

It's still flippin' cold though and my heating is playing up. On one minute, off the next. I daren't ring the engineer though because last time i did, it was a jar of spaghetti pressing on the boiler switch (i have checked today, and NO spaghetti :lol: ). They will think i'm going mad. I'll have to freeze instead :( .

Loulou xx

it snowed here too last night the class next to reeces were all playing in the snow wen we got there late as usual about 9.10am. and his class had gone to the library so the teacher told him he could play outside with her class till they got back never seen him so happy 2 be at school :lol:

No snow here, but it's been b++++y cold! Heating and warm clothes havent helped much and seeing my son in short sleeves makes me freeze even more. He says he feels warm :wacko:

The sun is shining today. B) I hope it gets a bit warmer.

Curra