Sign in to follow this  
Clare63

White Feathers...

Just wondering what anyone else thinks about white feathers and guardian angels, each day when I walk the dog after a mammoth attempt to get DS to school, I seem to keep noticing white feathers....fairly big white fluffy ones ! I keep expecting to see a dead bird savaged and discarded by a fox, but no clues, :unsure: just maybe, just maybe, its my guardian angel telling me everything going to be alright. What do you think ??? (hope you don't think I am a bit :wacko: )

Clare x

I always think that when I see a white feather, and if I find them in a very unusual place I always pick them up and take them with me. MIL says its all false hope but I'd rather have false hope than no hope at all.

Gardenia

i keep reading about people finding white feathers like they are a sign,ive never found any,hence i havent got an angel looking over me!!

I feel awful for mentioning this, but a few days ago Ben noticed that there were loads of collared doves feeding on the roadsides... with all the rain we've been getting and the confused good/bad weather there are loads more birds about and loads more seedy/insecty/nest materialy type things washing about in the gutters... I could be completely wrong, but collared doves/busy roads/free-floating feathers...?

L&P

BD

We had something similar happen to us. DH went to see a medium a few years back, who told him that the feathers our eldest dd continually found were from her guardian angel. Eldest dd was forever finding feathers, in really unexpected places and the medium was unaware of this, so it was abit spooky.........unfortunately a few days later the school rang, to ask us to pick dd up. She'd ran into a fence at school, head first........chasing a feather :huh:

Think your right there Clare :lol: We did consider suing angel for incompetence :whistle::lol: It's seems you can sue for ANYTHING these days...... :ph34r: Just got to sue mine first for being AWOL for approx 3 years :shame::devil:

Edited by Bagpuss

Not related to guardian angels:

Before M developed phobia of going out, he used to explore the neighbourhood looking for feathers. There are loads of birds on the rooftops, mainly seagulls and crows, everywhere. They are my alarm clock in the morning. I like them except for the droppings on the cars :angry: Maybe I could sue them and get compensation? :lol:

M used the feathers as quils, instead of pens, because he hated everything modern.

Curra

Had never heard of white feathers before but this morning there was one on top of my dustbin, later had a phone call offering ds a place on easter play scheme then a letter bring peads appiontment forward a week perhaps theres something in it !

dolly i reckon its a sign.

my luck at the moment is that i would find a white feather then a bird would **** on my head :lol::lol:

when you press add reply the smileys come up,click on the one you want and it will appear on your screen,im abso rubbish on computers so i hope you understood it :D

You can also type : ) without the space in it. That gives :)

Or : D is :D

Or : P is :P

Or ; ) is ;)

Sorry been addicted to quite a few forums in my time.

EDIT: Not heard of the white feathers thing. I believe in guardian angels though. Don't think I'd be around now if they didn't exist. Was a disaster area as a child and too adventurous for my own good. Plus at times a bit silly. I'm too young to remember this myself (so I guess probably around 3) but my parents have often told me how I got hold of a knife, crawled right round the back of a cuboard before deciding this was a tool for getting plugs out of a socket. The knife has a massive hole burnt in it now (my dad still has it - has been used as a reminder of the dangers of electric). Considering I think that means I must have connected the earth and one of the other terminals I think that shows how lucky I am. Also cracked my head open once riding into the rock garden on a train once when I was young and my chin by falling off a see-saw at a park. (My mum had hold of my younger brother at the time. I still insist I told her I wanted to get off!).

Edited by David Matthew Baker

You can also type : ) without the space in it. That gives :)

Or : D is :D

Or : P is :P

Or ; ) is ;)

Sorry been addicted to quite a few forums in my time.

thanks David think im slowly getting the hang of it

You need to hold down the shift button so you get : instead of ;. The semi colon only works for the smiley with the tounge sticking out and is a combination of ; and ) without anything between them. There are a load of ways to get the others too. Just can't remember all of them. Just remove the space to get the ones that show a smilley below to work.

: ) :)

: ( :(

: o :o

: P :P

: D :D

; ) ;)

I'll try some from yahoo messengers list below.

B ) B)

>:D < >:D<<'>

Quite a few don't work but here is the list incase you want to try any others: http://www.helpbytes.co.uk/smileys.php

whats a shift button????? :whistle:

Not quite sure if this is a sarcastic question or not. Here is a sensible answer in anycase.

The one with an upwards arrow on it. ;) Can be found under 'caps lock'. There is also a second one under the enter/return key. (I.E. under the key with a bent arrow on it).

If it is sarcastic then obviously the answer has to be more along the lines of:

The shift button is the one you have to press to get your computer running at a decent speed when it seems to run out of steam. It automatically shifts the gears that are connected to that wheel the hamster runs on that in turn powers your computer. :P

Or if it is rhetorical then I should just not have replied at all. :)

I've been brought up on computers. When I was younger my dad was a college lecturer and primarily taught computing. Hence there has always been one in the house. Started off with a BBC Micro (Dad still has it though I think it is in the garage or loft now days), then went onto an Acorn Archimedies (still remember that they still had these when I first arrived at secondary. Had better applications at home than at school though. Then finally went onto a PC. Can remember having access to a CD writer when they still cost around �300 as well. Dad decided he needed one for taking stuff to and from work. Meant I often knew more than my teachers all the way through school when it came to computing. :)

EDIT: Didn't mean any offense by my reply. Often get complained at by friends that I'll reply to comments that are sarcastic as if people are been serious. Reply to rhetorical questions too if I'm not thinking. There is no body language or anything to read on a forum too and I can't see this been the type of place where things like LOL (Laugh out loud) or ROFL (Roll on the floor laughing) are used as way to highlight sarcasm.

EDIT: Didn't mean any offense by my reply. Often get complained at by friends that I'll reply to comments that are sarcastic as if people are been serious. Reply to rhetorical questions too if I'm not thinking.

We wouldnt take offence at your reply david,we are like one big happy family here >:D<<'>

i only take offence when people call me a hairy yeti or when people call me trigger,i get my own back eventually though :P:D

Edited by hev

we are like one big happy family here

Thats good. I like getting adopted by new families. Managed it whilst in Kenya. My friend still can't believe it. Half the time I was out there I was living with one of the teachers from the school I was volunteering at. So had a mum, dad, 2 sisters and a brother. Made it far more enjoyable. I got bored on nights for the first part of my time out there. Also was taken various places in Kenya to meet the rest of their family. So stayed in one of the rougher parts of Nairobi at his sisters (the other teachers at the school when he told them where he had taken me), visited his parents farm. In fact all the teachers out there were really kind to me. Off to visit them in the summer. They've been asking me to go back since the day I left. That will be two years ago come this summer. Ihogo (the dad) decided I could fit in anywhere and make friends. Well as long as they spoke English. One night I stayed at someones who I had only met earlier that day. It was great out there. Everyone was so friendly and supportive. Just wish local communities in this country were more like it. I was known as N'dungu's mzungu (thats the name of the Lad and then white person) locally. N'dungu was the oldest of the children and was at primary. The youngest daughter wasn't at school when I was there. The locals also found it funny when I started cycling around with Ihogo on the back of my bike. They have a lot of bike taxis where I was. The idea of a white person doing that kind of work they found really funny. Having said that I think that is one of the reasons the whole community looked out for me the way they did. I was happy to be amoung them and had no limits on what I would try or do. Not looking forward to Kenyan cooking for another 5 weeks though. The staple diet is Ugali which is maize flour and water which is then cooked. Served with some sort of fried greens.