hev

my positive thread

Yay...just finished painting Auriel's wardrobe black :ph34r: for his new room!

It was a hideous job, but done now :clap:

Pleased with myself, 'cos I'd been putting it off for ages, but I'm determined to get each room completely finished in this new house before I go onto the next.

Boho :dance:

I went to hospital today for a procedure I was absolutely dreading, having found it extremely painful in the past to the point of having flashbacks.

After discussing it with my GP, I decided as a one off to go privately (even though I'm a firm believer in the NHS) as she reckoned that with more time than the regular slot, I might be fine.

I was :thumbs:

Not something I'd do for fun, but not unbearable, when it always had been before.

I feel so proud of myself for facing my fear. And I could hug that lovely cuddly nurse who put me at ease.

pearl >:D<<'> pleased it went well for you >:D<<'>

had a lovely time in town with my friend,we laugh at same things and it really cheered me up :thumbs:

pearl >:D<<'> pleased it went well for you >:D<<'>

had a lovely time in town with my friend,we laugh at same things and it really cheered me up :thumbs:

Thanks hev. Feeling a bit bashed about now as painkillers worn off, but still v pleased with myself.

I've got a mate like that, it does you good doesnt it? :thumbs:

I'm pleased your op went well Pearl. Also pleased to see your more up beat Hev. I've now got a letter from my course that regretfully finishes me. Should mean I can claim the expense on insurance. They were getting worried I couldn't catch up, etc included in the letter. Came to a mutual decission that this was the best option. Is just nice to have things formalised.

Edit: Congrats SG on getting your other assignment finished and one handed in. Good luck for that maths test.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Is it too early in the day to have a positive? :unsure:

Well I've finally cracked and sent an email to my halls manager about the stoopid, ignorant, annoying, immature students I live with - I didn't quite phrase it like that!!!! :lol:

I feel better having sent it, regardless of whether there's any outcome/change. :)

I'm a great believer in stroppy emails, Mumble. In the past week I have emailed:

the Vice Chancellor of my university to complain about how it is run

my union, to complain about how useless they are

A large supermarket chain about their chickens

Two magazines, for printing the same article about this couples hideous home. It was bad enough reading it once.

One feels cleansed.

The forum came back!!!!!! I was suffering serious withdrawal symptoms earlier today :lol: :lol: :lol:

As to the stroppy email, well it got a swift response which is good, but the person it concerned is now going out of their way to be nasty - excellent more ammunition for me to use in my next even stroppier email. :devil::whistle:

A large supermarket chain about their chickens

I had some very funny images in my head reading this - one of my favourite films is Chicken Run and I can't help but think of chickens as portrayed in that :lol: :lol:

Did you see the Hugh FW prog on chicks, I was expecting all the free range ones to make a break for freedom when he opened the doors for the first time, but they all just stood there nervously, peeping out & shifting from claw to claw :lol:

Had a lovely day today, attending a Treehouse/local ASD support group launch a campaign to highlight problems with unstructered times in school. Lots of lovely speakers including adults with AS talking of their school experiences, nice food :whistle: , bumping into professionals we've not seen for a long while and an opportunity to attend a workshop discussing ways in which our local authority can make themselves more ASD friendly.

Tonight I'm off to local support group.

I'll be totally autism'd out by tomorrow :hypno::hypno:

Did well at swimming - swam further and in less time. I didn't have my JD eye-candy to distract me, but maybe that's a good thing :lol: :lol:

I bought some beaded Christmas baubles in the sales, 75p for 3, which I've put in a huge wooden bowl, �4 in the sales, with my old whicker balls...it's lurverly in my sitting room :clap:

I bought some beaded Christmas baubles in the sales, 75p for 3, which I've put in a huge wooden bowl, �4 in the sales, with my old whicker balls...it's lurverly in my sitting room :clap:

Erm Bid, don't know if anyone's told you, but Christmas was the 25th of last month, not today! :lol: :lol:

Erm Bid, don't know if anyone's told you, but Christmas was the 25th of last month, not today! :lol: :lol:

No, no, no...they just look like sparklie balls (gold and purple) to contrast with the texture of the whicker ones :clap:

Swam another mile today - and only managed to kick myself :wacko: rather than any other innocent swimmers, so that's an improvement :lol:

Whicker Balls? Ooooh, sounds painful, Alan!

What?

Oh, Wicker... no aitch... ahhhh, I see....

Dropping aitch jokes are okay

any other dropping jokes will be moderated :lol:

Hev - going out with Mum tonight..... the locals will view it as a positive too. You should wear deoderant EVERY night...

Oh, mum... ahh, I see.............

:D

Managed not to burn down the house...

...charging a battery but it was a close thing.

There was a rather loud bang (luckily me and my brother were upstairs) and next thing I knew I was looking at a burning battery. Luckily I managed to blow it out and also pulled out the lead supplying the electric. I wouldn't mind but there is a temperature control on the charger that is meant to shut down the charger if the battery gets too hot. It was in position too. There is a little smoke damage and a small singe on the carpet and a blister on my finger but at least we managed to stop it before it got any worse. Has managed to melt part of a plastic box, burn part of a sheet of paper. Counting ourselves very lucky at the moment.

Our new printer arrived today too. Old one wasn't working properly. Decided to replace it with a colour laser printer. Have managed to get it working with the Vista PC (it is a network printer) but can't get it working with XP so far.

Edit: Here is a couple of pictures. One of the battery and one of the charger. Plus a few random shots from recent walks (none of Penshaw though):

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/dd258/D...ery%20Charging/

Blimey David.

Not burning down the house is defo a positive, I'd say.

You know I posted I'd got extra hours on this thread?

Well todays positive is, I told them what they could do with them!

After 2 weeks working my contract came through & they were paying me less than my regular hours!

And I feel like I've been let out of prison.

Just have to find another way to pay the decorator now ... :unsure:

Lucky you were home when it happened :o

My positive for today I swam 30 laps of the beach pool even better I got there at 5.20am the sun came up later normally I would get there at 6.30am but gets too busy. The best thing was there are two women I have known for years who do it regularly and do it year round. But they use a wetsuit in winter. So I feel safe getting there even if its dark as I have company. Thanks Suze for the suggestion of weight bearing exercise it helped me increase it from 15-20 up to 30 exhausting but great just floating at the end watching the sunrise is motivation enough to do it. :dance:

I used to do rock and roll dancing - some friends are doing lessons and insist I go :lol: I don't know.... but sounds like fun as long as it isn't Ceroc where they toss you over their shoulders - I think I would end up with Vertigo. Mind you I did gymnastics for 8 years .... :whistle: but, I may just stick to Rock n Roll :thumbs::dance: a fun way to keep fit.

:D

I've finally managed to get the new printer working with our XP PC. Had to play around with the network configuration of our entire setup. I expect in the process I've stopped the Vista PC working but shouldn't be hard to fix now. Just need to input the IP address of 192.168.2.50

All my problems seem to have been related to IP addresses that were too far apart. The fun of setting up a network so it works. :rolleyes:

Off to bed now I've finally worked that out. :) I think I know how to sort out the other network problem we were having too. 360s had ended up back on strict NATs. Hopefully when I try tomorrow they will be back on open. Well I'm shattered so night all.

Hev - going out with Mum tonight..... the locals will view it as a positive too. You should wear deoderant EVERY night...

i would rather have gone to the pictures with you again babe :wub: but i had to make do with mum this time :o:devil:

went with nick to see his mum todays,shes a lovely lady,then we went to the charity shops and had a good scout round and after school im taking katie to town to buy her first tap dancing shoes :wub::wub:

I changed trains at Clapham Junction in 37 seconds!!! I reckon that should go in the record books. :lol: :lol: Only trouble was I got where I was going 1/2 hour early and the people weren't ready for me - I could have had an extra half hour in bed at 5:30 this morning - I will tomorrow!! :thumbs: That's my positive for tomorrow done too! :lol:

Guest Lya of the Nox
i would rather have gone to the pictures with you again babe :wub: but i had to make do with mum this time :o:devil:

you 2 soo make me laugh :robbie::notworthy:

meggz is at school again :whistle:

Woop, woop!! :thumbs:

Just successfully remodelled two pairs of lined curtains into one, wider pair as the window in the new sitting room is nearly 2m long :clap:

And it was a bit tricky, but everything is perfect :notworthy::rolleyes:;)

So saved a good �150-�200!! :D

Edited by bid

By devious methods, (don't ask or the guilt will kick in) I have my first Thursday in three years to myself tomorrow, so I am having a duvet day.

I am going to watch all the morning property shows.

I am going to watch my Tony Robinson DVD which I got for Christmas.

Then I am going to play my favourite CD's (including LOTS of folk BD) while I make pea & ham soup.

*sighs with happiness*

i cant help but shout at the tele :lol::lol: i like the home makeover programmes,would love them to come to my house and decorate it in 60 minutes!!i think they would be hard pushed to do it in 60 days!!

Did you see Grand Designs tonight?

A thousand quid for a TAP!

A thousand quid per sq metre for ELECTRIC GLASS!

About 10 thousand for a FIRE!

I shouldnt watch these progs, they send my blood pressure sky high!

Oh it wasnt just ANY old tap, it swivelled & aerated water, & it arrived in a padded box with special gloves to handle it :rolleyes: This mad woman has 2 kids & 2 dogs in an all white house.

I'm guessing she likes cleaning.