Sign in to follow this  
hev

massive spider in my sink

i just went to clean my bathroom and im not joking in my sink theres the biggest spider ive ever seen,its massive!! ive ran out screaming and shut the door :tearful::tearful:

are you afraid of spiders?i am,have to wait for nick to get in now,oh well at least its an excuse not to clean the bathroom out :whistle::whistle:

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*runs around screaming*)!! I can't cope with them at all, especially the triangle shaped ones with the big, bulging eyeballs!! :crying: Once, when I found one in my bath, I edged towards it with the hoover hose outstretched as far as it would go and sucked the sucker up! The thwump it made when it was slurped up was enough to give me nightmares and I can still remember it to this day!! (*shudder*) :sick:

~ Mel ~

Aaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (*runs around screaming*)!! I can't cope with them at all, especially the triangle shaped ones with the big, bulging eyeballs!! :crying: Once, when I found one in my bath, I edged towards it with the hoover hose outstretched as far as it would go and sucked the sucker up! The thwump it made when it was slurped up was enough to give me nightmares and I can still remember it to this day!! (*shudder*) :sick:

~ Mel ~

Ohh you shouldnt vacuum them up, now you'll have little spider nests in your hoover and lots of baby spiders creeping out in the night!!

I quite like spiders, especially big ones. I just scoop them up and let them out the back door. I cant stand daddy long legs though. I think thay are scarey.

SV

Now..... i'd HAVE to get rid of it myself... Wouldn't be able to take my eyes off it until it was gone. The thought of it running about - and me not being able to find it (i just know it'll hide, then jump out on me.. :sick: )......... now that's scary, lol!

Ohh you shouldnt vacuum them up, now you'll have little spider nests in your hoover and lots of baby spiders creeping out in the night!!

I quite like spiders, especially big ones. I just scoop them up and let them out the back door. I cant stand daddy long legs though. I think thay are scarey.

SV

Oh my God I hate spiders well in fact terrified of em !!!!!! and I vacuum them up.... a spiders nest you say oh my goodness going to have nightmares now !!!! though I remember once when I vacuumed a particularly large one up I went and put the hoover down the garden till my husband came home. Got a dyson now so either get splattered on the side or chocked to death with all the dust and dog hairs !!!!

I am a animal lover really little ones I can cope with and rescue with a duster but the big beggars no way.

Clare x

HI HEV,

I HATE THEM TOO, THEY MAKE ME FEEL SICK. ONCE A MASSIVE SPIDER RAN ACROSS MY FACE AND I HAD A PANIC ATTACK THAT LASTED FOR AGES!

THE WORST "SPIDER TRAUMA" THAT HAPPENED TO ME WAS WHEN I WAS IN ZANZIBAR. I HAD A BAD STOMACH BUG AND HAD TO RUN INTO OUR LODGE TO THE TOILET. AS I SAT DOWN I SAW A MASSIVE SPIDER ON THE SHOWER CURTAIN. IT WAS VERY EVIL LOOKING AND I'M SURE IT WAS POISONOUS. I WAS SO SCARED I COULDN'T EVEN SPEAK! I COULDN'T GET OFF THE LOO BUT I MANAGED TO CALL MY SISTER. SHE BASHED IT TO PIECES WITH HER SHOE :sick: .

HEV, DON'T EVER GO TO AFRICA IF YOU HATE SPIDERS AND CREEPY CRAWLIES!

LOULOU XX

PS I CAN SEND MY CAT OVER TO YOURS, SHE LOVES TO EAT SPIDERS. SHE MUNCHES THEM UP AND THE LEGS DANGLE OUT OF HER MOUTH!

PS I CAN SEND MY CAT OVER TO YOURS, SHE LOVES TO EAT SPIDERS. SHE MUNCHES THEM UP AND THE LEGS DANGLE OUT OF HER MOUTH!

My DS did this once when he was a toddler....and the legs were moving :sick:

:lol: Bagpuss!!! Eugh!

I found my lil darling just about to lick a snail (the sticky bit! :sick: ) when he was 18 months - i yelled so loud, he jumped out of his skin - and sent the poor snail flying through the air and into the hanging basket.. :lol:

now im gonna get moaned at for this i know :unsure: i couldnt wait till nick got in cos i kept thinking it would climb out the sink and i couldnt reach the cold tap cos i might have touched the spider so i turned the hot tap on and ran out of the room :o:o i want you all to pray that the god of spiders forgives me

1 - spray it with hairspray... it sets them, then you can pick it up in a piece of tissue...

2 - suck it up the 'oooover, Gwyneth (doe's anyone else remember John sparks/Morweena banks?)

3 - Hit it with a book ala 'Boris'

4 - Put the cat in after it (they eat 'em - cat's eat spiders, I mean - except for the REALLY big ones)

5- Chase it onto a piece of paper, then put a glass on top then liberate it in the garden (downside, it'll probably come back, and it'll probably be p****d at you)

6 - wash it down the plughole (downside, it'll hide in the u-bend and spy on you through the overflow while you're having a bath)

7 - sing the theme tune to 'there's a spider in the bath' (kids cartoon from mid 80's) to your 3 year old kid to convince him/her it's a friend and let them deal with it.

8 - call the fire brigade (you may get prosecuted, or alternatively if you were in the bath at the time it could be the start of something beautiful)

9 - call the police (see above)

10 - call International Rescue (not very reliable, this one)

11 - Never bath again (worked for me!)

12 - squirt it with cif... or if you clean your bath as regularly as i do... Jif (not the lemon you put on pancakes)

13 - Unlucky for some

14 - one and four

15 - one and five

16 - sweet sixteen

17 - one and seven

18 - How i like 'em

65 - how I get 'em

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

straight in through an IV then...... very sensible - saves on arm bending..... ;)

was you spying on me sat night smiley?thats how i got drunk so quick!!

My mum isn't keen on them either. I'm not keen on the really large ones but can deal with them. Normally just get a cup and a bit of paper and move them outside. After all they are helpful really. I like anything that gets rid of pesky flies. That said I wouldn't want to hold a tarantula. I think it is the way my mum reacts to them has made me slightly nervous too. Having said that in Kenya I even put up with cockroaches in the same room as me. (When down in Nairobi.) Prefered the visitor we had the first time I went out there though. Then I had one of the little lizards visit. The funniest bit was the reaction from who I thought was one of the toughest lads there. They called me to get rid of one for them. :rolleyes:

[[[ :) ]]] happy spider

[[[ B) ]]] cool spider

{{{ :wacko: }}} drunk spider

[[[ :tearful: ]]] :robbie: spider terrorised by rabbit

Spider that peeped through the overflow while hev was having a bath:

((( :ph34r: )))

Spider that peeped through the overflow while baddad was having a bath

[[[ :o ]]]

Spider that peeped through the overflow when Kristana Loken was taking a bath

{{{ :clap: }}}

:D

Someone in Pearls house is obviously rather cruel to spiders. Each of them is missing one pair of legs. All arachnids have four pairs of walking legs. ;) Did make me smile though. I wouldn't worry about any of them either. One spider I wouldn't want to get close to is the ones I saw up in the trees where I had the lizard visit. They really were huge. That was out in Mombasa in Kenya though. I could clearly see the spiders and they were probably a good 5 metres above me. I have a photo of their webs somewhere. Urgh!

EDIT: That obviously goes for Baddad too.

//// :unsure: \\\\ - Spider that has just spotted someone in Baddad's or Pearl's house.

Edited by David Matthew Baker

Someone in Pearls house is obviously rather cruel to spiders. Each of them is missing one pair of legs. All arachnids have four pairs of walking legs. ;) Did make me smile though. I wouldn't worry about any of them either. One spider I wouldn't want to get close to is the ones I saw up in the trees where I had the lizard visit. They really were huge. That was out in Mombasa in Kenya though. I could clearly see the spiders and they were probably a good 5 metres above me. I have a photo of their webs somewhere. Urgh!

//// :unsure: \\\\ - Spider that has just spotted someone in Baddad's or Pearl's house.

1 - you're looking straight on - so you can't see the back legs...

2 - Nobody loves a smart a** :P:lol::lol::lol:

Here is something to cheer you up Hev :wub:

http://www.spiders.com.au/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We have spiders the size of cats over here, that eat rabbits :robbie::robbie:

Sorry Hev, just kidding. I used to have trouble sleeping at night as I used to live in a suburb plagued with funnel webs, there would often be one living in the garage, or on the wall to greet me as I put the light on, and I would screaaaaaam the house down. A wonder the neighbours didnt call the police. lkajglkja;lkdjflakjflkajdfjkakldjf ooooooohhhhhhh I hate them................................!!!!!!

;)

Edited by Frangipani

You know you're losing the plot when.........

..............................you find yourself looking at your dog and wondering if you could make her some spidey-legs.... (I blame the lemsips..... )

:partytime:

What do you do at quarter to one - and still no closer to gettin' sleepy??

Google 'funny spider' of course........

spiiiiiiiiiiiiider!!

:rolleyes:

Now you've gone the other way and stuck on an extra pair of legs. ;)

That is one funny picture though. I could almost imagine it with a little skin (or fabric) between each layer and hence becoming a bat too. I should really be getting tired now too. I'm not yet for some reason. So tonight will be a night owl a little longer.

http://re3.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/4053644072

http://www.dorkinglabs.com/2004/09/funny-t...on-way-here.php

http://re3.mm-a4.yimg.com/image/2905340708

http://www.thefunnypage.com/camel-spiders/

1 - you're looking straight on - so you can't see the back legs...

2 - Nobody loves a smart a** :P:lol::lol::lol:

How can you not love a smart ass. Donkey has to be one of the best characters of all time. He's smart (most of the time) and funny. Even if his choice of women is a bit strange. ;) Can't wait to see Shrek The Third. Trailer looks amazing. :) 'Meet the Robinsons' is my favourite kids film so far this year, with it's spider like bowling hat, but I am expecting it to get toppled. :)

EDIT: Not to mention how loyal Donkey is. How much he tries to be there for people. ;) (I.E. Can't read people at all!) How can you now love that. :) You can find the trailer here:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/paramount/shrekthethird/

or here:

http://www.shrek.com/main.html

Edited by David Matthew Baker

I tried 8 legs, David, just didnt look right. Saves on shoe leather too.

Look, a rattlesnake!

:ph34r: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<ooo

Ah, that's okay, I'm not scared, I've got a new hoover now!! :whistle:

~ Mel ~

The ugliest ones are the tarantulas. I met once a lady who had one as a pet. Its name was Chloe. :o:o:sick: Scotland is also full of spiders. If you are there in the summer make sure you look at both side of the towel before you dry yourself! :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaarghhh!!

Curra

make sure you look at both side of the towel before you dry yourself! :lol:

Aaaaaaaaaarghhh!!

Curra

;lkjljagfjaldkjglkajfgjsdlglsfjgljsflgjslkjg oooooohhhhhhh thanks for that, you just made my blood run cold. So creepy just thinking about it, stepping out of a nice warm shower or bath to find a spider crawling all over you.

Reminds me I was driving along and a large huntsman started walking down my windscreen RIGHT in front of my nose, trying to keep my eyes on the road I was freaking out with cars right behind me doing 60 km/hr it turned out it was on the outside of the windscreen but I honestly couldnt tell until it vanished.

Another time I was on a busy 3 lane road and my daughter and two friends were in the back they all started screaming there was another large huntsman their legs are like 4 cm long, crawling right towards them but right near my head. In a mad panic I was driving with one hand and in the middle lane so I couldnt exactly pull over, they were all too scared to hit it with something, eventually I managed to pull over and park, they all ran out of the car and I eventually got it out of the car.

They seem to love my car, One time there was one in the house and I hit it with a shoe and seriously about 100 baby spiders ran and scattered in all directions.

Enough spider stories, Hev's obviously duck for cover, are you there Hev. :lol: I could tell you a few more but she may have trouble sleeping :wub::lol:

F xx

wish i hadent started this topic now :sick::sick::o:o

i saw a tip in a magazine yeterday and it said after youve had a bath always put plugs in sinks,baths etc then the creepy crawlies cant sneak in and terrorise me :crying:

Conkers !!!!!

My Mum swears by them, wrong time of the year now though, but come the autumn collect some and place them by doors and windows etc apparently spiders hate the smell of them and won't come in .....

Clare x

Edited by Clare63