Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Just received diagnosis.

Hi,

We have returned from M's assessment at the CDAC. He has received a diagnosis of ASD with possible ADHD as well. He needs to go on a seperate list for the ADHD assessment.

Feeling glad that we finally have an answer. And the pead was lovely. She is going to visit the school to outline all his problems and tell them he needs lots of classroom support.

mum22boys

Hi mum22boys,

Although it might take a while to sink in, it must be a relief to finally get this news.

Good news about the Paed - it really helps to have that kind of support behind you, especially if she's prepared to actually visit the school. I hope this is the start of better things for M at school.

Take care >:D<<'>

K x

Hi,

We have returned from M's assessment at the CDAC. He has received a diagnosis of ASD with possible ADHD as well. He needs to go on a seperate list for the ADHD assessment.

Feeling glad that we finally have an answer. And the pead was lovely. She is going to visit the school to outline all his problems and tell them he needs lots of classroom support.

mum22boys

Hello mum22boys,

it's a funny old time when you finally get that diagnosis, but when our eldest boy was diagnosed with ASD and ADHD it was a relief, we knew what to call "it", and it helps us to look in the right places for help and advice. I truly hope all goes well for you, the paed. sounds like a good'un, and that's got to be a huge help.

Take care.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> Take care it's often a real mixture of feelings when the diagnosis happens. It's great that your paed sounds so supportive >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Elun xxx

Thank you all. >:D<<'>

Still have all the things the pead said whirling around my head and no doubt will have for some time yet.

I just wanted to thank you all for the support. I will be going on holiday tomorrow so am having a break from the internet!!! Not having a break from the Autism though.

Think it will do us all good to get some sea air for a week.

mum22boys

i was relievd when steve wa dx as it answered a lot of questions i had about his behaviours but then with the dx i had a lot more questions regarding dx,hope that makes sense.

have a lovely break,hope you enjoy yourselves >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

HAVE A GREAT HOLIDAY!!! It will do you good to go away and take it all in,even if you were expecting the DX you got its still a shock!My DD was DX April 11th last year and i knew what the dx would be but i was like a zombie for a few days and my mind ticking over all the time as to whats next etc so a break should do you good!!! :thumbs: