Flora

home tutor next week

This morning I rang the LEA regarding the home tutor which they were arranging for Bill before Easter Holidays. When I spoke to the woman she was all flustered as if she'd completely forgotten and eventually found his file somewhere on her desk (heard her rummaging around in the back ground).... I got the very clear impression that the file had literally got buried under a pile of other stuff and if I hadn't rang her it would have remained there for weeks! She said she was in the process of looking for an available tutor. Hmmmmmm!

2 hours later I got a call to say that she'd found a tutor who would ring me soon to arrange the times. Coincidence? I think not :ph34r:

Seriously, anyone waiting to hear anything, you've got to keep on top of these people..... or your child just gets buried, literally and metaphorically, under a load of paper work.

Now we know we have the tutor starting soon, it's just a waiting game for the letter with the inevitable refusing of stat assessment..... then let the battle commence :ninja:

Flo' :)

oh this brings back memories.

It took over 2 months from the consultant recommending home tuition to actually getting one, i got passed from dept to dept, i kicked off big time at some

woman at the LEA and told her that i was going to ring my MP and then the tuition started.

They will tell you anything, they dont like referring you to tuition and im wondering about the cost of it to them, i mean they must get charged by the home tuition dept?

keep at them.

hi floz................how long have you got before you should hear back about assessment?...............I feel it in my water that this time they,ll agree......and when suze feels it in her water she,s usually right :thumbs: ..............hugs suzex

Suze :lol::lol:

If I take it from when their acknowledgement letter was dated, it should be 6 weeks to the day on the 9th May....

Suze.... I do hope you're right..... or that you're water's right :lol: I'm all prepared to take it all the way this time though... I even have my SENDIST form printed off and ready to send :ninja:

Flozza Force keeeeeeyaaaaaaaay

i reckon ive got a battle on my hands for home tutor :ninja: flo is your son out of school permanetly?sorry if youve said but ive had rather a lot going on lately and i cant remember!!!!

The home tutor rang up this morning. She is going to start tomorrow. An hour a day from 2-3pm 5 days a week.

Can't wait!

Flora

Bill just had his first session with the home tutor.

I left them in the kitchen to get on with it...

she did some maths and English with him.... and said he'd done well. I had a look at his work and it was the neatest bit of writing (for him) I've seen him do for months....

She's coming at 2pm every afternoon.

Flo'

So glad the tutoring got off to a good start, Flora. :thumbs: What did Bill think of it, sounds like he worked well for her. Hope it continues to go well. >:D<<'>

~ Mel ~