Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Decision coming soon on Stat Assessment

I've tried my best to put all this to the back of my mind and not get too stressy. But today I've been doing a bit of research, reading up on past threads....etc.... The 6 weeks decision time isn't up until early May but I got a call from the LEA saying that they were just waiting for the form back from Bill's dad before they could send the decision letter out. I told her that he was happy for me to sort it all out but she was adamant that this was needed. Anyway, spoke to her later to tell her he would fax out his form and I asked her if a decision had been made and if so could she tell me. She said well we can't make a decision until we get MrXXXXX's completed for; I said that surely the decision wasn't hanging in the balance over what his dad was going to say... and she back tracked and said well if a decision has been made she doen't know what it is as ehs's just the secretary....I had to be satisfied with that but she did say at the start of the conversation that the letter couldn't go out until they had his dad's form.,.. it sounded to me like a letter was waiting to be sent out (and if she's the secretary/pa she'd have been the one who typed it! Maybe I'm just getting paranoid but I thought it must be a negative otherwise she wouldn't have been so cagey. Are they not allowed to tell you over the phone, or would you agree that it sounds like bad news?

I feel sick now.... after weeks of keeping laid back and pretending I knew they'd say no... I realise now I was fooling myself... if they say no I'll be gutted.... but determined to fight on.... It's the not knowing that is so awful....

Sorry for the ramble.

Flo'

Hiya flozza...

Can't offer much, I'm afraid, but >:D<<'> >:D<<'> And..............

I guess the 'value' of his dad's input from their POV would depend on how much contact there was and how much he was involved in the apllication/evidence...

Cagey conversations with the LEA are, I think, par for the course, so I wouldn't read too much into it at this stage. I think they have a policy of saying absolutely nothing on the phone that might come back to bite 'em on the b*m (although some just say it and then deny it! :o ), so they just end up saying 'I'm just a receptionist/typist' (That sounds a bit suss to me - surely the person to phone you would be the case worker?) to keep you quiet.

That said, if they've made the effort to phone you over dad's input I'd chase him up and make sure you know what he's sending them - and that he's aware of just how word sensitive this type of thing is. If he does the natural thing, which is to highlight all of the positives and paint a 'rosier' picture he could do some damage. he needs to understand that brutal honesty (no matter how upsetting in the short term) is the only way to get the long term prospects right...

Try not to worry too much (yeah right! :rolleyes: ) but in the meantimne get on dad's case so you don't need to worry...

L&P

BD :)

bid.... I was surprised too.... but I think maybe something has happened recently. By law they are supposed to seek contribution from anyone who has 'parental responsiblilty'... whether residing with the child or not. Not many LEA's follow this to the letter, but I'm guessing there's probably been an incident because this has never been needed before but they are adamant they need it now.

Baddad.... I was worried he might be a loose canon and say the wrong thing.... I've asked him to run it by me before he sends it and to concentrate on the negatives rather than the positives (not that there are really any positives where Bill's schooling is concerned!).... I like your phrase 'word sensitive'... I have just emailed him incorporating that in the wording.... nice one :thumbs:

Also, on a more positive note.... I asked her about the early deadline... and she told me it's because they aim to do statements within the allotted time... and this way if they give people and early deadline it gives them a 2 week leeway for late contribution... she says they do this all the way through the statementing process.....Maybe... just maybe :pray::pray::pray:

Flozza

Hi Flora,

It's tough, but try not to worry. I've had frustrating experiences of trying to get information over the phone from the LEA, both good and bad news, their attitude was no different.

Hope you hear soon

K x

Hi Flozza,

I've got my fingers crossed for you :pray: .

If only the people that speak to us from the LEA could understand the amount of stress we go though as it is :( .

Annie

>:D<<'>

Have to say, much as I worried about it, I needn't have been. Bill's dad added an excellent supplement to his form... a couple of paragraphs which add weight to my own statement.

Fingers crossed. I'm now going to throw myself into some manic spring cleaning to take my mind off it all.

Thanks you all for your support... I literally don't know where I'd be without the support on here (probably in a soft cell somewhere!)....

Flozza

Flora,

I don't think the lady at the LEA would be able to tell you anything concrete over the phone re the decision, so that's possibly why she had to be careful about what she said. Really hoping and praying you get the decision you want, and that you hear soon, take care x >:D<<'>

hi hun >:D<<'> ...............you know I feel it in my water..........they will assess this time...........if it was a refusal they would,nt have bothered about phoning you...........just sent the refusal letter out, because they want to keep to the allocated time slots could mean that they are assessing as they want to go by the book.Of course my water,s have been wrong in the past :rolleyes: ...........but I,ll be damned if they get it wrong this time!!.............Keeping everything crossed for you :thumbs: ..............................suzexxxxxxxxxxxxx

P.S...............could you come round and do my cleaning too??.............place is a tip.

Hope they agree to assess. If not don't worry. Put in an immediate appeal- so many LEAs back down at that stage- have a look on the SENDIST site - hidden in there are the stats about each and every LEA down the years - it makes interesting reading. Good luck