forbsay

Would anyone be interested in a Scottish meet up?

Guest Lya of the Nox
Where do you get really cheap flights from? If I could get a flight from Manston to Edinburgh then I'll pop up if I can get a babysitter!

manston not doing any domestic flights just now :wallbash:

my life would be much easier if they did, when i go up it takes me bout 2 + hours to get to airport and 20 mins to get to mates house :(

I won't be able to make one till after the summer holidays now as in Kenya for the next 5/6 weeks. If I can make it though will attempt to come. I can drive to Edinburgh or Glasgow fairly quickly. Both have Youth Hostels as well so can stay over night then head back the day after or vise versa if you go for a Sunday.

I expect I'll be okay for September. Just might have to bring some teacher training work with me. Can't see any problems though. One of my friends thinks I'm mad for trying to do so much come the autumn. I work better though when I have a reason to get the work out of the way. Ask the Kenyans. Normally they made comments that I was easy to distract. When it came to marking the exams though I had other stuff to be on with so managed to focus far better and get them out of the way quickly. :)

September sounds good, although I can't make the weekend of the 8th (youngest dd's birthday and we are going away), or the last weekend (eldest dd's birthday party). Although the party is on the Sunday, so could possibly come up for the Saturday :unsure:

Edited by Bagpuss

Just clicked I'm visiting a mate the first weekend too, sorry, please don't try to arrange round me, if I can make I will, if not, will hopefully make next one :dance:

Would love to meet you lot BUT I'm afraid I usually come complete with up to 3 children unless it is on a school day between 10am-2pm in either Perth or Dundee :lol:

Louise

Oooh if its at a time when we're at home (Banffshire will always be home!) then I could come as its only a couple hours drive.

Lynne x

What about the weekend of the 22nd Sept? A meal sounds good, if it's adults only. If kiddies are coming too, maybe somewhere child friendly, with a play area.....if weather ok, somewhere outdoors perhaps?

Well, I like the sound of a meal................. 22nd Sept sounds very appealin. Anyone else?

By the way, all the chocolate cake has been eaten that I made.

Back to work tomorrow, it has been a good 2 weeks hols and the best bit has been getting my wee ASD boy out of night time nappies :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::wub::wub::wub:

I am a very very proud mummy!

Yes I can make it too. Only able to do late afternoon/early evening as oldest dd has a weekend of swimming galas!

Looking forward to it

Carrie

I've just been checking out hotels and B & B's in Edinburgh......can't find anywhere reasonable that will accept a booking of one night over a weekend. The only one I did see, which was nice, was in Burntisland.........where the heck is that?

SV, if you find anywhere, please let me know.................I'm scared DH will suggest we bring the van........

B.I.D......B.I.D.......B.I.D..............(Baggy In Distress) :lol:

Em Burtisland is in fife - which is across the firth of forth. You would have to get a train if you stayed in Edinburgh.

I will have a swizz and see if I can find anywhere......... what price range? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Forbsay

Edited by forbsay

Cheap as poss please Forbsay :lol: Preferrably without fleas ;)

Seriously, the one I saw in Burntisland was about �120 for DH and I for the night, which I thought was ok......seemed a very nice place :) I've even tried Travel lodge, but they won't accept a booking of one night. We only want to stay for the Sat night btw.

What about a premier travel inn, there is one in the centre and some on the outskirts. Newcraighall is beside a station to get into the centre and on bus routes. Inveresk is a bit further out but fine if you bring the car as its less than 5 min drive from Newcraighall station.

Holiday Inn Express is in Leith by Ocean Terminal, lovely shopping centre so is on bus routes into town.

I don't know if they do one night at the weekend or not so I may not have helped!!!

Carrie

Thanks Carrie, I'll have a look online and see what I can find out :)

BTW, are we planning an evening meet up? Just wanted to confirm times because I've just sort of assumed it would be :unsure:

Oh my, whats happening in Edinburgh? Will the Festival or Tatto be on or is there a Bay City Rollers reunited convention?

The BnB that i usually use is full up! I'm not sure if I'm going to make it folks :crying:

SV

Edited by something vague

No the festival and the tattoo will be finished..............

I personally think an evening meet up would be best. What time suits everyone?

It not long away.......

Bagpuss - any joy on the travel lodges or do you want me to google?

Right, we've finally decided what to do.............we are coming in the van. I've found a site about 20 mins from Edinburgh, and we should be there for early afternoon, which will give us plenty of time to get ourselves sorted for an evening meet up. I've booked online, and just waiting for confirmation, although I can't see there being any probs. Think it'll be easier and cheaper that way. We were hoping to travel up by train and stay in hotel or B & B, but it's turned into a right palarva :rolleyes:

SV, what are friends for hun, come share our chemical loo and sleeping bags :devil::lol: