forbsay

Would anyone be interested in a Scottish meet up?

If I'm around (and can afford it) I'd probably join you. Especially if you mean Edinburgh as it is nice and easy to get to on the train. A bit of advance notice helps as that way I can keep the cost right down. :)

DH has said we arn't far from Edinburgh......I havn't got a clue :oops: Soooo, we could be a possibility......do I get a Blue Peter Badge from the mods if I manage to make ALL the meet ups? :pray:

Or will I just be voted the most desperate member of the forum and be forever known as Baggy No Mates? :ph34r:

Edited by Bagpuss

I'd love to get to Scotland - I'm about a quarter Scottish, but for some reason my great grandfather decided he was going to leave his family behind in Cullen (Banffshire) and move to London. Heaven knows why! My other ones came from Aberdeen - so I can feel Scotland calling me!

Guest Lya of the Nox

i do pop "home" now and again so if u were meeting then i would come and say hi

x

DH has said we arn't far from Edinburgh......I havn't got a clue :oops: Soooo, we could be a possibility......do I get a Blue Peter Badge from the mods if I manage to make ALL the meet ups? :pray:

Or will I just be voted the most desperate member of the forum and be forever known as Baggy No Mates? :ph34r:

baggy you and hubby do get about dont ya :thumbs: good on ya,which town you in?

I'm a scot (well, half-scot).............who lives in Hants.............. :blink::lol:

Have a fabby time :thumbs:

(who else thinks we should organise two meets on the same day in different ends of the country - just to watch Baggys head exploooooooooode! :devil: )

I'm a scot (well, half-scot).............who lives in Hants.............. :blink::lol:

(who else thinks we should organise two meets on the same day in different ends of the country - just to watch Baggys head exploooooooooode! :devil: )

Hey thats not fair. You'd cause me problems too. ;) Pity we don't have Maglev then you could do two meets in the same day miles apart. :):P

Poor bagpuss, best laugh in ages though! thats so wicked! :devil: :devil:, Bagpuss dp says were about 3 1/2 hours away from Edinburgh in the car, so train shouldn't be too bad. Prob have to go from Darlington though.

I might be able to catch a plane up to Scotland! Though I'm not sure how the kids would handle a plane - and I don't know how I'd handle the kids at the other end. I might have to wait until I can save up for a camper van and drive up - would probably be a 10 hour drive for me though.

I live near edinburgh so yes love to meet up do we bring the children as well? :thumbs:

Edited by opheila

:lol::lol:

:dance: Go Baggy! Go Baggy! :dance:

Hey, baggy... can we organise a meet-up in somewhere garjuss... I'm thinking Barbados! :dance::clap::thumbs:

Get yourself to garjuss Greenwich Smiley :thumbs:

:lol::lol::lol:

I'm in the middle of reading Feel The Fear and Do It Anyway.......bring on the Wales meet up too :devil:

is that a real book?i neeed to read that one!!

I'm taking Bill up to Scotland for his annual assessment with Ian Jordan... got flights from Bournemouth to Prestwick..... 1p (ONE PENNY) each :o:o honestly... I thought it was cheap last year when I got flights to Florence for 49p but 1p... :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd pass that information for anyone from the Sarth wanting to go up to Scotland... for the cost of a Black Jack you could be there in an hour!!!!! :thumbs:

Flo'

Gawd, that's good Flora.

I'm in b'mouth too and was thinking of maybe booking an appointment to see Ian for both my children but don't think they could cope with flights etc.

How long is the journey and how much extr on tax's is that, if you don't mind me asking >:D<<'>

SM...

The whole cost of the flights for me and Bill with online booking and priority boarding... �30 each... . If I hadn't asked for priority boarding it would have been about �26 each. The price includes travel insurance. The journey only takes an hour. We are staying overnight because there is only one flight a day... so we are going in the afternoon of the 5th... for appointment on the 6th.. then flying back in the afternoon after the assessment. The airport is only 5 minutes from the clinic by car.

Flora

I hadn't realised they were so cheap either.....that's fantastic......could I get round the world on a fiver? :D I'd always assumed the tax they added on was really high, or the return flight would be. Thanks for the info Flo :thumbs:

Next forum meet up in Europe B)

Hey something vague, I was at the zoo today - saw a baby monkey - it was so cute.

There were also lots of bunnies running about :robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie:

M was able to identify were all the waterfalls were though he did love the penguins.....

Now, what about this little scottish get together.....................I was thinking about just the parents - however I am up for suggestions...............

Forbsay

If it's just for parents Forbsay, could we make it sometime towards end of July? My mum (only babysitter) goes abroad at the end of the month, until mid July. Would probably get train up if it were just DH and I, and stay overnight.

End of July is great, just not 28th as hearts are playing Barcelona and am taking ds to the match, its his dream combination and he will be wearing both strips!!

Carrie

Where do you get really cheap flights from? If I could get a flight from Manston to Edinburgh then I'll pop up if I can get a babysitter!