Sign in to follow this  
dooday24

dummys!!!!

does any of yr children still have dummies and how old r they? reece has really got attatched to a dummie again but really helps wen hes stressed but hes 6! thanku love donnaxxxxx

J was 6-7years old before we really had got rid of them, mostly had them at night time and they have caused his front teeth to push forward not great for speech language difficulties however they did sooth him and help him sleep.

I know I spent a small fortune on the bluming things, because loosing them was dire tantrums.

JsMum

well reece hasnt had 1 for over a yr but has been so streesy and moody lately gave it him cause it could help and it seems to be so far!"! thanks

Hi Donna,

My NT daughters' 4 and a half and still has a dummy for when she's not well, cuddles and to go to sleep. The little boy (NT) up the road had his well into his second year and school and although he's stopped now - he will still try to nick his baby cousins if he can and hide it for bedtime.........

Take care,

Jb

Logan is 3 and 9 months and we just got rid of his in February of this year. To be honest he would still have had it but he started biting right through them so they became a hazard so we had no choice to just go cold turkey. It was pretty hard for a few weeks and still now if he ever got hold of one I know he would take it and we'd struggle to get it back.

He is more clingy if thats possible, but he has also more or less stopped drooling, which he did loads before as he tended to never close his mouth because he was so used to his dummy so its been a bonus in that way.

Lynne x

Ellis never had a dummy, I didn't like the idea of using them at all, however when my (nt) daughter was teething she really suffered and we found a dummy did help soothe her through a four mouth period of awful teething and pain, then luckily one day she just lost interest and never wanted one again! :clap:

I think it all depends on the child, and if you find using one useful and helpful, then fine. :)

Hi,

Kai is 8 1/2 ( :o ) and he still has a dummy at night at the weekends. It doesn't really bother me as it stays under his pillow and it's a comfort to him after a week of boarding at school. I'm sure he'll chuck them away before he gets his first girlfriend :wub: .

Loulou xx

How about posting the dummies to a dragon/fairy who will send a replacement for big boys/girls? It's not a problem I have had personally as I am one of those horrid anti dummy people who hates them :whistle: I do know people who have 'sent' dummies away though. We find our sons weighted blanket is his lifesaver (that and headphones).

Keep smilin

Elly

I had to do the dummy fairy with my daughters dummy's. At two near three I think I thought I had done it and they were gone for good till she stayed at grannies one night and that was it hooked back on them.

At 5 we let the dummy fairy coma and get them and she left her a couple of pounds, lol >:D<<'>

My son was quite easy to get off though >:D<<'>

neither of my two would take a dummy - and I really did try to get J to have one when he was a baby cos he screamed constantly for about 4 months! And they didn't suck their thumb either. However, they were attached to either me or a bottle!!!