hev

i hate bank holidays

really really hate bank holidays,no buses up to my mums,i dont drive,weather is awful,stevens singing hysterically at top of his voice :angry::angry:

is anyone enjoying theirs? oh yeah katies whining,we all bored stiff

Edited by hev

i wouldnt mind but stevens singing the same song over and over,its called we are not giving in,i feel like :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: i might have to have a :wine: later even though i never drink indoors

really really hate bank holidays,no buses up to my mums,i dont drive,weather is awful,stevens singing hysterically at top of his voice :angry::angry:

Me too its very restrictive with other buisnesses closed but I guess its a good excuse to slow down a little bit, like I have, today J had the option to go to swimming, but he doesnt want to go today, I will catch up on the laundary and no daught potter about but yes the weather has made it very boring, if it had of been nice we would of gone to the countryside for the day where there is special bus that takes you there and brings you back.

If your really desperate to see your mum what about a Taxi if its not too expensive?

If Steve is into singing what about a boys chior? Band?

take it easy today and lets hope for just ten mins peace.

JsMum

If Steve is into singing what about a boys chior? Band?

its really not that kind of singing,its the same sentence over and over like a football chant,extremely loudly,been doing it for hours now :crying:

If your really desperate to see your mum what about a Taxi if its not too expensive?

bank holiday rates today :crying:

I find them intensely boring, like the rest of the weekend :rolleyes: except with even less to do! The weather isn't helping either, usually dd goes in the garden to play if it's nice but it's awful at the moment. Add to that the extra routine disruption and not being able to go into work and I'm fed up!

i love your signature mandy,wish i had thought of that :thumbs::lol:

Edited by hev

Do you have a mp3 player (on your new phone?) hev..??

I usually listen to some very chilled music on the headphones when i've had enough >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

We went swimmmmmmin' :thumbs: It's a popular one - lots of slides, pirate ship n stuff, so the que when we got there was half way round the car park! :o M managed fifteen minutes before beginning to rock and get stimmy........ we wandered in and had a word with the staff. I was more than happy to wait the same time as everyone else - just we needed to do our waiting somewhere quiet. But the lovely staff let us straight in :thumbs: i did feel a bit guilty though.. :unsure: .

He loved it :thumbs: Managed about a hour before it got too noisy - and then we had chips :ph34r: (that'll be tommorow for the diet........ :whistle::whistle: ).

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I'm trying to enjoy Bank holiday and take it easy as I have a busy week ahead but I seem to have ended up catching up on housework.

:wacko:

The weather is foul here too - wind and rain for two whole days. Pity me - yesterday evening I was rehearsing outdoors for an open air Shakespeare production - never been so cold in my life. :(

No rehearsal today thank goodness - so we're off to see Pirates of the Carribean 3 later. :dance:

K x

Do you have a mp3 player (on your new phone?) hev..??

I usually listen to some very chilled music on the headphones when i've had enough >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

yeah i do but havent sussed out how to use it yet :rolleyes:

my MP3 player is a godsend! DD loves Girls Aloud and Britney Spears, on loop, all day every day :wallbash: So I'm usually found with my mp3 hanging round my neck and my earphones in :dance: I did get a Nintendo DS to keep myself amused but she's took a liking to it so that's that :rolleyes: I do love watching how quickly she can figure stuff like that out, she's a little whizz, I think I know what to buy for her birthday now - a new DS for me :lol:

I'm trying to enjoy Bank holiday and take it easy as I have a busy week ahead but I seem to have ended up catching up on housework.

:wacko:

The weather is foul here too - wind and rain for two whole days. Pity me - yesterday evening I was rehearsing outdoors for an open air Shakespeare production - never been so cold in my life. :(

No rehearsal today thank goodness - so we're off to see Pirates of the Carribean 3 later. :dance:

K x

Gosh I just looked up the temperature over there 7degrees celcius. brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I was freezing when I went out the other night and that was 17 C the cold went right through me. Winter is on the way, actually winter is two days away and we are still warmer here. I dont know how you cope with that cold, but I guess you have been climatised to cope with it. When does Summer start over there???

Have your summer holidays started yet??

>:D<<'> :)

Nope - not yet. Half-term here at the mo :)

Kids get a week off - parents get a migraine........... :rolleyes:

Gosh I just looked up the temperature over there 7degrees celcius. brrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I was freezing when I went out the other night and that was 17 C the cold went right through me. Winter is on the way, actually winter is two days away and we are still warmer here. I dont know how you cope with that cold, but I guess you have been climatised to cope with it. When does Summer start over there???

The mad thing is two days ago it was 23 C and beautiful we are totally shocked at the shocking drop, its really windy here too, it just not making sence,

Yes its suppose to start getting better weather its june at the end of this week, we missed out the dogs walk last night as it was really bad.

you never know this summer holidays we might have snow and having sking holidays?

JsMum

Hi Hev,

I'm bored stiff too. Kai has been playing Avatar on his PS2 ALL day and the music is driving me nuts. He keeps saying "It's the end of the world as we know it!" :wacko:

The weather is totally cr***y here too. I've put the heating back on today, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, it's COLD!!!!!

My little munchkin is snuggled up asleep in his pram :wub: and the cats are snuggled up on my bed.

I think it's the sort of day for duvets and chocolate, except i'm doing Weight Watchers so it will be duvet and ryvita!

Let's all pray for better weather this week :pray::pray: .

Has Steve stopped his singing yet?

Loulou xx

Your right how boring is it!!!!!!! :wallbash:

just come back from shopping i had to get out somewhere for a bit and endulge in lots of goodies to munch :eat:

but even going shoppings a trauma,i lost dan in the blink of an eye then he set the alarms off.

This weathers horrible makes things so limited and weve got the rest of the week to contend with yet :crying:

Your right how boring is it!!!!!!! :wallbash:

just come back from shopping i had to get out somewhere for a bit and endulge in lots of goodies to munch :eat:

but even going shoppings a trauma,i lost dan in the blink of an eye then he set the alarms off.

This weathers horrible makes things so limited and weve got the rest of the week to contend with yet :crying:

I think you are lucky going to shops, no buses from here except 480 which includes walking up hill. so dropped that idea. Husband going to chemo tommorrow so rain or shine we go but we get transport which is a godsend. Anyway the nurses and staff are lovely and we have become very friendly with them. Roll on September when chemo finishes and it won't matter what sort of weather it is!!! by the way read in paper today that there have been 800 children missing since Madeleine. I bet those parents wouldn't care if it was snowing if their kids turned up. Puts it all in perspective somehow. Still rotten weather though.

I think you are lucky going to shops, no buses from here except 480 which includes walking up hill. so dropped that idea.

i think suzie-girl should have offered to take you to the shops mum dont you?i mean she only lives along the road :unsure: not very neighbourly is she :whistle::lol::lol:

i think suzie-girl should have offered to take you to the shops mum dont you?i mean she only lives along the road :unsure: not very neighbourly is she :whistle::lol::lol:

I think suzie-girl does enough for other people, just because you only ring her when you want something!!! like telling her all your troubles, finding bits of gossip and trying to kid her she's just like a sister to get round her!! We know your little tricks. :robbie::robbie::jester::jester::jester:

I have been out for the day with DD1 so i have had a break from the DS and the DH has had to deal with his moods etc. I don't usually enjoy days in as the kids are always "bored"..

I think suzie-girl does enough for other people, just because you only ring her when you want something!!! like telling her all your troubles, finding bits of gossip and trying to kid her she's just like a sister to get round her!! We know your little tricks. :robbie::robbie::jester::jester::jester:

mum :unsure::o:o:o:o:lol::lol::lol:

instead of posting on here all day shouldnt you be knitting cardigans for your grandchildren?

:robbie: Hi and yes Bank hols I also find boring, even though the kids keeps you on your toes lol.

Bank hol Monday is so much like a quiet Sunday, (when i say quiet.......i do not mean it's quiet here at my house lol), but not much open, even if they are they normally close by 4pm for B/H.

So between dealing with Dan, I have been plodding on with some boring old housework but thats nothing new, that has to be done everyday here lol.

Had the music on in the background but that had to be turned off, as Dan gets very distressed from this, even the hoover, he covers his ears and tells me to hurry, with this I asked if he would like to help and guess what ??................yahay he did and I think he enjoyed it too, hmmmmmmm he is becoming useful in these hols lol. Hopefully the housework side of things may tire him to sleep earlier in the nights !!!!

Worth a try anyway isn't it ? lol.

Di xx :thumbs::thumbs:

JP is like a caged lion confined to the house, so as it was dry we went out for a brisk walk to use up some of his energy. The second we got out of the car it rained, & continued to do so till we got back in the car, when it stopped.

So back home for a Kung Fu DVD - remember lovely David Carradine from the 70s tv series? We got JP the boxed set for christmas & we all adore it, violence but with a moral behind it! :lol:

He's just finished watching Springwatch which he loves. He finds anything wildlifey v relaxing.

Today has been a nightmare . DS has taken a BIG disliking to rain keep going to the window screaming then stomps around screaming its raining its pouring . In between this his hogged the computer emptied the toy box under the stairs ,threw the contents up the hall and trashed his bedroom . Hurry up tomorrow he's at respite :notworthy:

Our day was surprisingly ok! We seemed to miss the worst of the rain in West Wales for a change! Managed to get a couple of hours at the park and let them run some of their energy off. Am steering clear of the beaches and tourist attractions while it's half term. It's so easy to lose O - he just runs and that's that!

Elun xxx

Well ive given up an gone to bed,i cant believe it still raining!i also still cant believe im posting on my mobile!i cant do emotions on it yet though

Well ive given up an gone to bed,i cant believe it still raining!i also still cant believe im posting on my mobile!i cant do emotions on it yet though

you can do lots of posts the same on it though :lol:

Despite the typical north east weather, we've had a nice day with dd, managed to dodge the rain really well fortunatley.

We went to brewsters for lunch, 3 courses which i so shouldn't of had! Slimming world tomorrow!! It was heaving but dd coped remarkably well, she did bury her head into her jacket at one point and asked me to tickle her back, which really calmed her, i was so proud of her for self regulating as she said to me "i'm ok aren't i just stopping the noise out" as she puts it! Bless her.

After eating we took her in to the play area, she enjoyed herself, but i wasn't keen on the design of the place as it meant that as soon as the child entered it, parents couldn't see them, so very hard to keep a check on her. Luckily she didn't stay in it for long and wanted to go to the outdoor area, they had a bouncy castle up for the day so dd was in her element out there!

When we got in the car she was shattered, (had a few early starts lately) and said she wanted to go home, she was quite unsettled couldn't seem to get comfy think she was overtired by then, eventually she nodded off ( doesn't have naps anymore usually but defo in need of it today so didn't mind). She woke when we got home so had had half hour.

She was very cuddley when got home and didn't want to get off my knee, other than to swap to her dads knee when i went to the toilet!! She started to feel really hot and when i took temp it was 38.6 so tried to get calpol into her, she ate all her tea, then dp bathed her, she screamed the place down for her dad. Then just wanted me to hug her, screamed when i went to dress her saying she was too hot, eventually settled her in bed and she dropped straight off but woke about an hour and half ago screaming saying she felt sick and her head hurt, i took her temp again and got cool flannel to put on her head as temp gone up to 39.5!! Got calpol into her and got her to have drink, she fussed about for a bit then has settled, and has been ok for last half hour, i'm disappearing off here in a min to go check on her as i'm concerned about that temp, if it hasn't gone down i'm going to ring the docs. Last time she had a temp like that she had measles! Despite having mmr!

I've got shingles at the moment but feeling ok today, so i'm wondering if maybe she could be getting chicken pox as she aint had it yet, oh what joy!!! And to top it all my monthly arrived today!!

So been a strange day really, glad she had good day to begin with, its so lovely when we can get out successfully as its really rare, finding that if we are to go out anywhere play centres work the best as she has the freedom to run around unrestricted and choose her own pace of play, usually shops or anywhere she has to queue, hold our hands etc are where she gets freaked out, fight or flight really.

Anyway i'm naffing off to check on her, hope everyone else had good bank holiday xx

Just read this back, i can't half ramble can't i!! Feel free to tell me to shut up!!!!!

Peppa :( Hope she's ok. Hate it when lil monkey is ill :tearful:>:D<<'>

I had shingles a couple of months ago - it's horrible :( - but from what i was told, you can pass on chickenpox.. :unsure: has she had it yet?? :unsure::pray: (you don't catch shingles - it hits you when your own immunity is down).

:(>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

:o Can you post on your mobile then??

Yes she can! And she STILL hasn't told me what phone she's got, lol! :shame::P

I usually quite like bank holidays, or rather I don't have anything against them. But this one has been a humdinger! Got up at 4am on Saturday so we could leave to get to Southampton for the 6am ferry to Isle of wight. Got to my mum's and was too tired to do anything for the first half of the day! Went to the zoo in the afternoon and was really enjoying it until Ben got a splinter. He's a real hypochondriac and wouldn't let me get it out, but also wouldn't ignore it either so we ended up having to cut the zoo trip short and go back to my mums so he could have a bath to wash the germs away (he's beginning to show a worrying phobia about germs).

Sunday absolutely poured down so we couldn't go anywhere. Spent all day running around after everyone because my mum couldn't do anything (fractured femur) and all her friends who've been helping her didn't come round under the rightful assumption that her daughter would look after her.

This morning we left my mum's at 7am to catch the 8.30 ferry. Got to ferry terminal at 7.30 (ok, a bit early but I didn't want to be late :unsure: ) only to find that the ferry was delayed because of the weather and we ended up hanging around for two hours for a ferry and it was freezing! Got on the ferry which was also freezing but all was fine until a little girl touched ben's bottle of water and he started sterilising it with some antibacterial wipes I had in my bag... the mother of this little girl was looking at us as if we were mental! Then someone was barfing and it was :sick: and this joker next to me said really loudly 'was that you?' :o:o:o I couldn't believe the cheek!!! and the more I denied it the more he thought it was me.. I'd never seen the bloke in my life and wanted to kick him in the shins. :lol:

Drove for an hour in the pouring rain back home and as soon as I stepped into the house was greeted by Bill asking 'what's for lunch I'm starving'... so then had to get back in the car to go and buy some food....

It's p'd down all day and I'm wrecked!

yippee for tomorrow... I hope

Floz X

Then someone was barfing and it was :sick: and this joker next to me said really loudly 'was that you?' :o:o:o I couldn't believe the cheek!!! and the more I denied it the more he thought it was me.. I'd never seen the bloke in my life and wanted to kick him in the shins. :lol:

It was him! Classic blame avoidance tactic! :rolleyes:

Peppa :( Hope she's ok. Hate it when lil monkey is ill :tearful:>:D<<'>

I had shingles a couple of months ago - it's horrible :( - but from what i was told, you can pass on chickenpox.. :unsure: has she had it yet?? :unsure::pray: (you don't catch shingles - it hits you when your own immunity is down).

Thanks smiley >:D<<'> had a rough night with her she ended up in my bed from 4am onwards! When she woke up her right eye was all swollen underneath looks like a black eye! Took her to docs and she's got a viral throat infection which is rather nasty, and her eye is prob reacting to virus aswell, she should be right as rain in couple of days, can only give her calpol though with it been viral.

Got to keep my eye on her eye though incase it gets worse, doc also said there is a lot of chicken pox around at mo, she hasn't had it yet!!

Hopefully she'll soon perk up glad its nothing serious though.

Guess it means we'll spend most of half term at home, be nice in a way to recharge though, had another cuddley day with her, thats the nice part of it all!x