Sign in to follow this  
Deedee

Annual Review Today...

LOL.. I am really nervous now.I don't know why.I am armed to the teeth with info,reports etc totally backing me up with everything I've been trying to get across to the school all year and still my stomach is doing loop the loops :tearful: I've been sat up for the last month til the early hours building our case for a move of school but still feel we don't have much of a chance.Just wanted to say thankyou to all the people who have posted of their experiences on this forum as I have learnt so much since joining here >:D<<'>

Wish me luck .... I'm going in!!!!

Edited by Deedee

Good luck, keep calm and dont be distracted. Focus on your bottom line of what you want and makesure you have given time to say your piece!

Good luck >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

>:D<<'> Thanks so much for all your good wishes,it's taken me til now to get my breath back lol I was so speechless its untrue..not like me at all :whistle:

Well firstly everyone turned out apart from the LEA 'lady',I even had the LEA ASD boss there :thumbs: To cut an extremely long story(and meeting) short we have agreed to let M stay under 'close supervision' from the ASD service at his present school.The package of care they have come up with ,well it's really all we ever wanted with bells on what the hell happened????

We were asking for a place in a asd base within a local mainstream school but have actually ended up with so much more,don't ask me how 'cos I can't for the life of me work out what happened lol...

A lot was conceded by the school as to what has actually been happening (even though everything is always fine..)and although give the SENCO her due she has now realised how much help he needs, I don't think even she was expecting to have to give quite so much!!

We suggested sensory integration therapy....we got it PLUS the ASD lady wants the whole staff to undergo training for it too :thumbs:

We wanted social skills group...we got differentiated curriculum for PHSE,Friends group (social skills to be run by asd service),mentor,safe haven and a playground buddy system tooooo!!!Plus lots of other bits I was too excited to write down :rolleyes:

We wanted trips out to enhance learning/social skills etc...we have weekly trip out with our younger MLD base kids 1:1 just 1 base child plus M to encourage his confidence,help with sensory issues etc...

We wanted dedicated support..got it!!!

We also wanted to keep him on the highest SALT package,guess what,we kept it and have even more due to enhanced classroom support.

We needed help for his writing (or lack of) we now have a shiny new computer aided package to help and a literacy package too.Also got extra input from all services regarding his processing probs,mindmapping etc..

We asked for quiettime to wind him down for coming home,as well as providing this the ASD service is providing a social story for reading before he comes out too.

The list just goes on and on :thumbs:

Everything the poor SENCO suggested they all wanted more,I hardly had to speak!!!! I am one very happy bunny and yes I've asked for it all to be added in and quantified on his statement so all in all a pretty good day...we now have to see if its all put into practise.... :unsure:

Edited by Deedee

Wow - that's fantastic. Well done, they obviously realised you had done your homework and were in 'direct hit' mode :thumbs: -brilliiant, enjoy the evening!

Luv Witsend.