Sign in to follow this  
hev

throat clearing

steves throat clearing tic has come back and it is the most disgusting thing ive heard,obviously he cant help it and i ignore it as its not nice for him but i cant stand it,it comes right from back of his throat and goes on for ages

he doesnt know it annoys me but its driving me mad

my son does a very similar thing he kind of sniffs really loudly it sounds alful i just try and ignor it too :rolleyes:

steves throat clearing tic has come back and it is the most disgusting thing ive heard,obviously he cant help it and i ignore it as its not nice for him but i cant stand it,it comes right from back of his throat and goes on for ages

he doesnt know it annoys me but its driving me mad

Maybe he needs his chest examining. His grandad has always had problems wih his lungs since he was young. Steven might have a slight chest infection. It is probably ticks but I notice when he clears his throat something always comes up. Tell the doctor just to be on safe side to eliminate anything wrong. Luv yaxxx :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::robbie::robbie::robbie:

Little monkey goes through phases of throat clearing - but, it is made a little better by reducing the amount of dairy in his diet (also, upping the amount of pro-biotic stuff helps M too). Dairy tends to make some people get a bit mucus'y.

>:D<<'>

Anxiety cause swollowing difficulties usually causing a clog up of flem quite far in the throat, it can be difficult to cough it up so clearing it using the voice muscles usually are made as this can bring it forward.

Lots of fluids will help espeically cooled boiled water, or even a herbal tea.

If it pursits he may need a mild anti biotic to clear the flem.

JsMum

Bill used to do the throat clearing alot. I never knew at the time that it was a tic, but his teacher he had when he was in year 3 was convinced that it was a tic. She used to tell him off for it. He asked me about it and I'd said I didn't mind it (I didn't, I was used to hearing him do it) so the next time his teacher told him to stop he said 'well my mummy said she likes it' :lol:

Flora

Eldest dd goes through phases of incessant throat clearing and mild coughing......didn't realise it could be due to AS. She used to always cough continually, but it would stop when she was asleep. Took her to the GP after months of it, and we were advised it was a "habit" and there was absolutely nothing wrong with her throat or chest. Makes alot of sense now after reading this thread.

My ds does the throat clearing a lot too! I took him to the doc's and he said that clearing the throat all the time puts more strain on it (or something like that anyway) and to try drinking water or coughing instead...

Sometimes the noise drives me crazy - it gets louder and louder!

Eva