ellisisamazing

Er, Forum question!

Was going to post this to the mods, but you lot are clever enough......

Is there a delay in new members registering and being able to post?

A forum mate of mine has regged but unable to post as yet?

She is pets74, mods!

Let her in, she is one of us! :lol:

Lisa xxx

Hi Lisa :) ,

There is a delay between registering and being able to post, it's for 'validation'. The registered e-mail address is confirmed, this helps protect us against spam and malicious abuse. Mods aren't able to validate members, but as soon as Admin arrive I'm sure that Pets74 will be able to post.

Hope this helps.

Annie

xx

Hi Lisa :) ,

There is a delay between registering and being able to post, it's for 'validation'. The registered e-mail address is confirmed, this helps protect us against spam and malicious abuse. Mods aren't able to validate members, but as soon as Admin arrive I'm sure that Pets74 will be able to post.

Hope this helps.

Annie

xx

Thanks Annie!!!

>:D<<'>

It took a few days for me between application and acceptance, I just assumed I'd done something wrong until Lufty e-mailed me. It appears on the 'users online now' thingy. Some names are in black, and i take that to be those in limbo for a time. That said there are some ...exotic names...that don't seem to get past our excellent and discerning mods!

Before the Great Forum Hack a couple of years ago, registration was instantaneous - now these cumbersome safeguards are needed to keep the forum safe, alas.

Look forward to welcoming you, pets74, when you get your "voice". :)

K x

When Lufty confirmed my membership I remember one thing I was told was it was very easy to choose to accept me because I had included such a lot of information about why I wanted to join. From memory it was about 4 hours in my case between registering and been able to post. Guess I was a little lucky with that. Certainly think it is a good idea though as does mean I have never seen any spam type posts on the forum.

i am here! just having a nosy at the moment, was reluctant to join one of these again bad experiences a while ago but i was told by ellisisamazing that this was a really good place to have a laugh and maybe pick up tips. so thank you for having me. :D

Welcome to the forum. People on here tend to be very understanding of problems and will help where possible with ideas or advice. There is also a nice mix of how people are connected with autism. I'm probably in a minority been a professional (support assistant at the moment) but there are a few others. We have some autistic adults (both diagnosed and not) and the majority of people are parents. I think there are even a few children post. I hope you find the forum very supportive and don't run into any problems. All the best, David.

Just wanted to add a welcome to Pets74 :) I joined about 3 months ago now and am sooo glad I did...everyone is lovely and even my mad moments are starting to seem 'normal' :)

just got fed up with feeling so alone. i have been reading some things on here and although it sounds bad cos wouldn't wish it on anyone it is nice to know that people have been and are going through the same feelings etc.

feel a bit like new kid on the block, but sure i will settle in soon. thanks for the welcome.

Hi Pets,

Welcome to the forum, Lisa is right its great here, don't worry you atre one of the gang already.

Clare x x x

Welcome Pets - any friend of Lisa is a friend of mine (whether you like it or not) :lol:

Hi Pets!!

You'll be fine here, they're all lovely and nice (because of the wine!!!!) :lol:

Pearl, You'll know Pets from BBGF.......very exhausted! (think about it!)

Lisa xxx